[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about buying a good rice cooker. Costco has an indu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
Thinking about buying a good rice cooker. Costco has an induction Tiger model for $289. http://www.costco.com/Tiger-5.5-Cup-Induction-Heating-Rice-Cooker-%2526-Warmer.product.100279608.html

Does anybody have any other suggestions. The Costco one is $70 less than the same model on Amazon.
>>
There's no difference between a $30 aroma rice cooker and a $200 japanese rice cooker.
>>
File: pizza party girls laughing.jpg (72 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
pizza party girls laughing.jpg
72 KB, 640x360
>>7652800

>there's no difference between a $30 aroma rice cooker and a $200 japanese rice cooker
>>
The induction cooking heats the rice evenly from all sides. It also varies the heat and cooking time based on real time moisture levels.
>>
>>7652809
dumbass weeb

go right ahead and pay 7x more for muh authetic grorious japanesesu brandu
>>
Is it worth the money for a pressure model? It seems like there is a big step up in price for pressure cooking. Most the ones on Amazon are around $500.
>>
>>7652760
$289 to cook rice

Jesus christ waste your money if you want to, but that is fucking retarded
>>
>>7652760
A good non-stick pot does the job just fine, and they usually don't cost more than $50.
>>
>>7652823
Not everyone here is a broke dick.
>>
>>7652838
Yeah I'm not because I don't throw hundreds of dollars at something you can do easily with any pot
>>
>>7652819
google GABA rice and you'll see why you want pressurized rice
>>
File: 1461839078394966576.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461839078394966576.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>7652760
Xiaomi rice cooker
>>
>>7652828
>nonstick
enjoy your carcinogens you fucknut
>>
>>7652980
Looks cool but it's only available in China.
>>
>>7652992

try ebay
>>
>>7652992
you can order from taobao if you are in the US or Australia.
>>
>>7652760
There IS a difference between mid/high end Japanese cookers and American shit tier cookers. For Americans, the $30 Aroma is fine. I have a Japanese cooker, but I live in Kyoto and am learning traditional Japanese cooking. Soooo, I use it for 90% of my meals. In this case, it is worth it. Not only because of the amount of use, but the quality truly is much better. It is simply not a priority, nor is it in the realm of perception for people of ethic backgrounds that do nit highly value rice.

TL;DR--Japanese cookers are better but only worth it for people who eat rice all day err day and can perceive the difference in quality.
>>
>>7652980
>using a botnet rice cooker
>>
>not just buying that bagged stuff you can put in the microwave and have cooked in 2 minutes.

It's just fucking rice.
>>
>>7652800
Except thats totally wrong. Aroma is garbage and actually worse than a pot. A Tiger or Zoujiroushi is much better than a pot

Anyway 289 seems high but if it has a lot of extra features you want and that you'll actually use then it'll be the best rice you've eaten OP.
>>
>>7653449
>there are actually people who buy boil in the bag rice
Do you know how much money you're wasting for inferior quality rice?
>>
File: uncle-ben-basmati-micro.jpg (59 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
uncle-ben-basmati-micro.jpg
59 KB, 640x640
>>7653608
Talking about this stuff fäm. Don't even need to boil any water, just stick the package straight in the microwave
>>
>>7653633
I'm a 75 year old chinese grandma , i find this offensive
>>
>>7652760
Get a zoujiroushi
>>
>>7653633
I take pots of one minute rice to work to have with lunches. Anyone have a good idea for cooking rice the night before and keeping it good for the next day or two?
>>
>>7653633
Just why? It costs about 3x as much and the quality is inferior.
>>
>>7653754
convenience

you are correct on every premise
>>
>>7653758
Just calculated it, microwave rice is 10x the price. Still think it's worth it? For every £1 I spend on rice, you're paying £10
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.