[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have an exam tomorrow, and my gut feeling tells me that pasta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: spaghetticarbonara.jpg (2 MB, 4096x3072) Image search: [Google]
spaghetticarbonara.jpg
2 MB, 4096x3072
Have an exam tomorrow, and my gut feeling tells me that pasta carbonara is the dish I have to make. Anybody has some expert tips to share in the last moments?

A practical part comes first, and will be observed and no questions asked. Then they eat, then they ask qustions.
>>
>>7651072
NO FUCKING CREAM.
>>
>>7651075
Shut up, sperg.
>>
>>7651087
Do you have some further reading on this?
>>
>>7651087
This I'm a neopolitan (grandfather came over when he was 20) and you've gotta use a good cream.

Make sure you cook the noodles nice to "al dente" and its if you like vegetables its also authentic to add mushrooms.

If you are going to use eggs make sure you keep the heat on, but not high enough to dry them out. You don't want to cook them long but you have to be careful that they aren't raw (due to salmonella)
>>
>>7651075
>NO FUCKING CREAM.
is this a new cooking meme, I keep seeing here and all of other cooking forums the past few months
>>
You need the right temperature, not so hot that you get scrambled eggs, not so cold that you end up with liquid on the bottom of the bowl.

When you add the eggs to the pasta, mix violently for half a minute or so.
>>
no cream, use a bit of the pasta water to thicken the egg mixture appropriately, good quality peppercorns, guanciale if you can find it
>>
>>7651087
>>7651201

Ah the good ol' carbonara thread, where everyone suddenly has 400+ year italian ancestry and their opinion should be taken as irrefutable fact.

But then refers to pasta as "noodles"

I make mine with garlic. It's almost garlic with a side of carbonara I put so much in. Then I top it with garlic scapes from the yard.
>>
>>7651426

>garlic
>I put so much in

mah nigga, I put garlic in almost every dish and when recipes call for 1-2 cloves it's certainly almost half a head or more.

GARLIC BREATH FERDAYS
>>
>>7651384
You'll end up with liquid on the ball only if you mix in the serving container. Mix, waith a bit, then put the dish on a separate plate. Problem solved.

Also; this liquid you talk about might be due to excess amount of eggs.
>>
>>7651067
>Have an exam tomorrow, and my gut feeling tells me that pasta carbonara is the dish I have to make
what kind of exam? gastronomic sciences?
>>
File: carbonara.jpg (185 KB, 1600x1134) Image search: [Google]
carbonara.jpg
185 KB, 1600x1134
>>7651067
>carbonara
>no egg anywhere to be seen
is this pic supposed to be a good example? I prefer my carbonara where you can actually see the egg, I'm italian but I'm no son of chef nor work in a restaurant, I simply follow the direction the rumbling of my stomach is pointing towards.

Proofz: >>>/int/59065818
>>
I've heard that the cheese you should use is pecorino, and that parmigiano-reggiano is a big no-no.
>>
Guanciale
Render it, tip the pan slightly to fry it in the oil.
About 10 turns of pepper from a mill
Add garlic
Add pasta water off the heat once the garlic is cooked, not brown
Add Spag
In a bowl on the side, mix 1 yolk and 1 egg with as much pecorino as it takes to turn it into a soft blob.
Make sure there is enough pasta water to about the height of 2 strands of pasta
Bring to a boil
Mix the cheese into the noodle off the heat.
Serve immediately
Pour 1 liter of cream overtop
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.