[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make the dankest garlic bread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
How do I make the dankest garlic bread?
>>
>>7651035
Gonna bump this lil fucker for interest.
>>
Butter hot dog bun halfs
Salt it with garlic salt
Put in oven
>>
>>7651044
>hot dog bun halfs
Maybe if I were eating Italian sausages in them, but that sounds like shit.
>>
Fuck, my friend makes this cheese and chilli garlic bread and it was amazing.
I gotta try it sometime. Garlic is nice, cheese and garlic is nicer, but something extra is even better.
>>
It's literally just bread, butter, garlic or garlic powder, and herbs/spices.

It's not that fucking complicated. Anything to improve dankness would be to get some fancy ass fucking bread or some shit.
>>
>>7651044

>butter

I think you meant margarine, Cletus.
>>
File: toast1.jpg (504 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
toast1.jpg
504 KB, 1600x1066
>>7651048
Its the way to do it
>>
>>7651059
But muh crusty bread.
>>
>>7651035
it's simply baguette with butter, salt, garlic, and parsley
>>
>>7651035
Roast garlic, spread it on some bread with butter, herb the shit up, and stick it in an oven. Afterwards go to Olive Garden you nonGoogling fuckwad.
>>
1) Half an entire bulb of garlic
2) Roast both halves in the oven, 400F 45 minutes
3) Squeeze the garlic out, roasting makes it become a paste
4) Smear that shit all over your bread like butter
5) Add whatever herbs and cheese you want
6) Cook your garlic bread

Twice roasting the garlic gives it some crazy bold flavors without the overpowering astringency of fresh garlic.

Would recommend.
>>
>>7651035
First off choose the right bread. This should be obvious, but do not choose wholemeal or anything with nuts and wholegrains in it. White only. It should be crusty on the outside so you can get a decent sound by "knocking" on it. baguette/baton preferred.

Next is the cut, you can do a classic straight cut or cut on the bias. The more biased the cut the lower the butter:bread ratio will be. The pieces should be 1 inch thick at least or a little more. Cut all the way through the base of the bread, do not stop just short so it all stays together, just keep the pieces in order.

The next bit is the most important: the butter. If adding herbs (and you should), melt some butter in a pan and cook chopped herbs to infuse. This works better for some herbs (especially sage and thyme) than others, and should not be done with basil, fresh oregano, etc. You can still use these just add them raw to the melted butter and take the heat off.

If you've only just chopped the raw garlic, add this to the butter with the herbs to infuse. Make it a gentle heat so the garlic does not get any colour. The alternative is to wrap a bulb in foil and roast it until it can be squeezed out like a paste. You can whisk this paste in the melted butter. Use 1 regular sized clove for three pieces of bread, and about 1/4 of the the weight of the bead in butter. You can add spices theoretically, but I've only ever used freshly cracked black pepper so can't vouch for others.

Now lay out the foil and place your bread pieces in order. Using a pastry brush or dessert spoon (spoon works better desu), apply the butter mix to both sides of each piece and re-place them in order. You can go back and "top-up" pieces you think need it because you really should use most of that butter. Save some though, so that you can paint the crust of the bread (pastry brush works better for this).

cont. next post...
>>
>>7651264
Wrap tightly in the foil and bake at 180C for 15 minutes. Then unwrap the garlic bread and let it go for 5 more minutes. It should have a crisp crust.

The reason this works so well is the melted butter has a chance to soak into the bread prior to being put in the oven. Spreading on unmelted butter will make the butter concentrate at the base of the bread as it melts but can't penetrate because the butter closer to bread has not yet melted.
>>
Use chopped fresh spinach as herb
>>
i know this isnt real garlic bread but it what i do

get hard bread/toast
olive oil on it
get clove of garlic and rub all over

if feelin zesty add some paprika/other herbs

nice snack, specially in the winter
>>
>>7651267
>>7651264
literal autism
>>
File: Crushed-and-minced-garlic-001.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Crushed-and-minced-garlic-001.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>7651134
I like the raw flavor of it, but you have me wondering about mixing some roasted and some raw...

My go-to is usually 5-6 raw crushed cloves, a pinch of salt, some random herbs, per 4-ounce stick of butter.

I mellow it out with a layer of cheese on top. Any salt/oil from the cheese leaches into the butter layer, and into the bread.

I think the key to dankness of garlic bread is the use of fresh, or fresh-roasted garlic. Shelf-stable crushed garlic has a weird flavor (probably from the acidic liquid it's packed in to keep it stable) in comparison to something you just crushed - raw or roasted - a few minutes ago. Garlic salt is a distant third by comparison.
>>
>>7651267
>The reason this works so well is the melted butter has a chance to soak into the bread prior to being put in the oven.

Interesting. Will try next time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.