[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't Asian food keep you full? For example, whenever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nvgruraFy71ug45m1o1_500.jpg (112 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvgruraFy71ug45m1o1_500.jpg
112 KB, 500x667
Why doesn't Asian food keep you full?

For example, whenever I go out for sushi, I order 3 rolls and a side of gyoza and salad, and when I eat it I am stuffed for the next hour, but then I quickly get hungry again like I didn't eat anything. I just got back from an all-you-can-eat Thai/ Lao food festival and stuffed my face til I was literally on the verge of vomiting, and now an hour and 15 minutes later I am hungry again. I don't have this problem with any other culture's food. Does anyone else experience this?
>>
File: Sisig-Recipe.jpg (131 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Sisig-Recipe.jpg
131 KB, 500x333
Obviously, you have never tried Filipino food
>>
>>7648508
I get filled up after one whole roll at a sushi restaurant. Can't even finish my miso soup on occasion.
>>
>>7648508
>Does anyone else experience this?

Only if I'm eating an excessive amount of carbs compared to the rest of the calories in my meal.
>>
>>7648508

>Does anyone else experience this?

It's a pretty well known thing anon.

Why, exactly, I can't remember but you certainly aren't the first to notice.
>>
>>7648508
for me, I think it's because of all the vegetables. the rice too, but mostly the vegetables. they're filling at first because of the fiber, but because they're mostly water they just turn to nothing in your stomach. then I'm mad because I wasted time and calories eating something that (besides the vitamin/mineral content) might as well have been nothing.

every time I see or hear someone say "eat lots of veggies to lose weight, they're really fillng! :DDD" I just want to punch them in the junk. I understand that not being full/stuffed all the time is important for weight management, but they're just so smug and so incorrect, I can't stand it.
>>
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2956

tl;dr your perception of "fullness" has been skewed by the potato
>>
>>7648508
Most Americans experience this because they are fat
>>
>>7648508
>great feet
>awful face
Bleh
>>
>>7648513
fuck off jungle manlet nigger
>>
>>7648508
i don't know about you, man, but i'm usually full for a couple of hours after eating thai/chinese food
>>
>>7648508
that's a trap
>>
>>7648513
Having trouble telling what's in this, but it looks tasty.
>>
>>7648508
>I was literally on the verge of vomiting
Jesus christ dude get your life together

>>7649009
niiice
>>
>>7648513

filipino food?

you mean spam and hotdogs with rotten shrimp paste and bird embryo? maybe a side of blood and organs with it?
>>
>>7649066
It's the cartilage from a pig's head, with various tasty organs, chopped up, seasoned, and fried in lard with chiles and calamansi
>>
>>7648508
I feel this way but about pasta dishes/italian
>>
>>7649117
Chicken and/or pork adobo is fucking delicious.
>>
>>7648641
i don't think that's right.

it's probably not just rice, but also the fact that most of the meat is breaded, plus some of it has sugary sauce, and i think a lot of people can't tell the difference between being full or having enough sugar to not want anymore. combine the sugar in some sauces along with the soda most people drink, and you'll feel sick from the sugar before you're full. people also eat fried wonton strips, more starch with no fiber. they usually don't order/eat any vegetables, people even avoid the few pieces of broccoli that come with some dishes.

i usually get spring rolls, vegetable lo mein, and a meat dish and i'm full for the rest of the night.
>>
>>7648508

Easy answer: White rice is the most quickly digestible food, even when it's paired with other foodstuffs.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.