[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Behold the classic Root Beer Float! food of the gods! do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-float-14oz.png (119 KB, 326x352) Image search: [Google]
2015-float-14oz.png
119 KB, 326x352
Behold the classic Root Beer Float!

food of the gods!

do you like Root Beer Floats?
>>
I like Thanksgiving Day parade floats.
>>
>>7645010
I like arm floaties for the pool
>>
>>7645010
I like The Roots
I like beer
I like to float in water
but I DO like root beer floats
>>
I tried a beer float recently, it was really good, you have to use a beer that goes well with ice cream though.

I used Deschutes Obsidiasn Stout and I'd reccommend it for sure, I'm also meaning to try one with Belching Beaver's PB Milk Stout sometime, although it sounds like a bit much.
>>
>root beer float
>food

It's a drink, idiot.
>>
>>7645010
That sounds awful. Is this just a joke? Or is it another "peanut butter and jelly sandwich" where people unironically eat this diabetes mess?
>>
>>7645914
Thoughts on using icecream and a chocolate porter?
>>
>>7645939

Any kind of stout or porter is a good choice for a beer float.
>>
>>7645010
You mean a spider?
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 998x1146) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 998x1146
Behold.

That is a root beer float I made a while back. It contains root beer, homemade root beer ice cream, a shot of root beer schnapps, and a couple dashes or sarsaparilla bitters.
>>
>>7645010
Cheerwine floats are the best, prove me wrong
>>
>>7645939
I made beer ice cream once. Made a simple sweet cream base, then added a reduction of beer, I believe it was a chocolate stout, then a scoop of malt powder.

It was actually really good. Malty, not too sweet, a hint of bitterness, with a subtle beer aftertaste.
>>
>>7645968
Never considered that, thanks for the idea, that sounds dank yo
>>
>>7645935
the concept looks gross if you haven't tried it, but the vanilla actually mixes well with the soda
>>
>>7645970
oh yeah, i love weird ice creams like that. Best i had was pine needle or some part of a pine tree-flavoured, in east vancouver, last summer.
>>
>>7645985
I want hops-flavored ice cream now.
>>
>>7645998
You could easily make it. Ice cream is ridiculously easy to make and a decent ice cream maker is like 30.00.

I'd just make a sweet cream base, roast some hops, grind them up, and stir it into my base. Could add some malt powder or some other flavor of some sort if you want.
>>
>>7645963

>""""""gourmet"""""" rootbeer floats

disgusting senpai

...jk. I bet it tasted delicious and I'm actually quite jealous.
>>
File: nitro_float.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
nitro_float.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>7646010
Roast hops?

I thought they steeped them raw, never heard of roasting hops before.

That aside, making ice cream sounds encouragingly easy, though
>>
>>7646025
Don't broadcast your ignorance. Embrace new horizons.
>>
>>7646033
Ok, in my quest to broaden my horizons and decrease my ignorance, I googled it and discovered that roasting hops is a bad idea.

Next step, buy an ice cream maker and steep some raw hops, lol
>>
>>7646025
Well yeah, but for ice cream, I think you'd want to roast them. I guess you could grind them raw into a pulp and mix that into your base. I think trying to just steep them into the milk raw wouldn't produce enough flavor. I've never made hops ice cream, so I'm not sure what would be best, I'd have to experiment, but my initial instinct is that roasted would be better.

And yeah, ice cream is insanely easy. You don't really even have to cook it if you just wanna do a quickie batch. Pretty much just beat an egg, add sugar, beat that together, then add milk and cream and stir. That's really all you need to do.
>>
>>7646042
I was just throwing it out there. I didn't say I was correct.
>>
Is there a whip cream for diabetics ?
>>
>>7646053
Yes, there is. Enjoy it.
>>
what fast food places besides a and w have root beer floats
>>
>>7645010
Its midnight and now I want a rootbeer float in a frosty ass mug

i hate you
>>
>>7645010
I hate root beer.
>>
>>7645935
>Vanilla ice cream in vanilla and root soda

It's pretty good desu
>>
>>7646438
And so you should, it tastes like toothpaste, I don't get how everyone else doesn't realise it.
>>
>>7645010
only item i liked at A&W...

god why did they have to close it in Kuwait :'(

maybe has to do with the rest of there menu being shit....
>>
>>7645010
Never understood the appeal
Also how to eat it
Do you drink the root beer and let the ice cream melt and you drink up the ice cream, too?
Or do you try to eat the ice cream?
>>
>>7645010
>food
>>
>>7648061
Drink it. Use a spoon to eat the ice cream. There's not mystery.
>>
>>7645928
your life must be so sad, here's a hug brotha
>>
>>7647717
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/why-does-cilantro-taste-soap-some-people
Perhaps you have a genetic variation that doesn't allow you to taste Root Beer the same as most people.
>>
>>7645914
The richer the stout the better. You should try out a Russian imperial stout or better yet a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.