[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Do Vegans Pretend They're Healthy Eaters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 12
File: vegans.jpg (33 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
vegans.jpg
33 KB, 500x350
Vegan couple sentenced to life over baby's death

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18574603/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/vegan-couple-sentenced-life-over-babys-death/#.Vyk6t0cwB1A

> ATLANTA — A vegan couple were sentenced Wednesday to life in prison for the death of their malnourished 6-week-old baby boy, who was fed a diet largely consisting of soy milk and apple juice.

>Superior Court Judge L.A. McConnell imposed the mandatory sentences on Jade Sanders, 27, and Lamont Thomas, 31. Their son, Crown Shakur, weighed just 3 1/2 pounds when he died of starvation on April 25, 2004.

>The couple were found guilty May 2 of malice murder, felony murder, involuntary manslaughter and cruelty to children. A jury deliberated about seven hours before returning the guilty verdicts.

>Defense lawyers said the first-time parents did the best they could while adhering to the lifestyle of vegans, who typically use no animal products. They said Sanders and Thomas did not realize the baby, who was born at home, was in danger until minutes before he died.

>But prosecutors said the couple intentionally neglected their child and refused to take him to the doctor even as the baby’s body wasted away.

If your homo lifestyle can't keep a baby alive, then it isn't healthy.
>>
A vegan diet could keep a baby alive, but you'd have to give it supplements and shit.
>>
>>7637604
Wut? Why didn't she breastfeed the baby?
>>
There is no causal relationship here between veganism and the baby's death. The baby still would have died had they given it a single drop of cow milk a day. According to the vegan religion, it would then no longer be vegan. So therefore, any mentioning of veganism is poor journalism, and this thread is a shitpost.
>>
>>7637667
Autism.exe
>>
>>7637670
I have in fact been diagnosed with autism, although this does not render my analysis invalid.
>>
>>7637678
Nigga.

Nigga pls.
>>
Do vegans see breastfeeding as use of an animal product or some shit? Why would you give a baby soy milk??
>>
>>7637678
don't ever think you're opinion matters

we can see your autism in the way you people talk and write, we just disregard everything you say
>>
>>7637632
Why would a baby need supplements?
>>
Except the verdict ruled that the parents were at fault, not their diet. The problem was that they were retarded vegans, not that they were vegans.
>>
>>7637696
Nigga stop
>>
>>7637696
this. i love how people are still cherrypicking stories
>>
>>7637729
It's crazy how two people could have a child and watch it become lethargic without taking it to a hospital to find answers. No baby just lays there.
>>
>>7637685
I'm genuinely interested in knowing the answer to this.

>They said Sanders and Thomas did not realize the baby, who was born at home, was in danger until minutes before he died.

sounds legits
>>
>>7637638
>>7637685
It's entirely possible that the mother's own poor diet meant that she didn't produce enough milk. You'll also see that in E.g. anorexics.
>>
>>7637696
>The problem was that they were retarded vegans

There's no need to be redundant.
>>
>>7637696

You sure do have selective reading comprehension.

Look at the first sentence, faggitron. If the point of the article wasn't to point to their veganism as an underlying cause of their crime, why would they specifically point out multiple times that the parents were vegan?
>>
>>7637826
Alright.

Well, I hope they enjoy their Nutraloaf.
>>
Vegetarian diet + fish lowered my blood pressure to optimum levels, decreased my heart rate to healthy resting levels, and regulated my bowel movements. It's not ALL fraud
>>
Is no one going to mention the name of the baby
>>
>>7637856
His name is Robert Paulson
>>
>>7637667
Baby needs a lot more than 1 drop.
>>
>>7637856
Can't name children when there's a crime involved.
>>
>Crown Shakur

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Good for that kid, smart enough to commit suicide and spare himself a nigger name and vegan whacko parents.

>>7637632

Do supplements grow on trees? Can I grow them in a garden? Do they come from the land?

You can take a man's heart out and keep him alive with a pumping machine, but that ain't healthy neither. Just because you could survive like that with modern medicine doesn't make it healthy.
>>
>>7638164
some of them come from the land (or all of them do, because that's where everything comes from)

why would that matter, though? please don't tell me you've bought into that idiotic fallacy
>>
>>7637861
read the fuckin article the name is right there
>>
>>7637861
bitch didn't even read the article you must also be named
>crown shakur
>>
>>7637638
She didn't want to train the child to exploit other animals for its own nourishment.
>>
>>7638198
And look how that turned out
>>
File: image.png (107 KB, 350x220) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107 KB, 350x220
The irony here is that this post is used as propaganda against vegans. Something non-vegans often accuse vegans of taking part in.

Just stop and think for a second. Was this the fault of inept parents? Or was it the fault of a vegan lifestyle?
If the latter, then would you be able to state what magical property found in flesh, dairy, and eggs that would have prevented this babies ill health?
Because as far as I know everything can be obtained without those things and live a vibrant, healthy long life.

Also yes, breast milk is vegan between the mother and her child, and very vital for a babies health.
>>
>>7638310
>Was this the fault of inept parents? Or was it the fault of a vegan lifestyle?

I'm not sure there is a distinction here. The problem was fundamentally that the child was fed an inappropriate diet. Were the parents not vegan they likely would not have fed the child such a poor diet.

A growing child's body is not the place to play around with diets that arbitrarily exclude so many foods, and IMHO it's irresponsible at best and murder at worst to feed a child that bad of a diet. Let the child decide for him/herself if they want to go vegan or not when he/she is old enough to understand the implications of that choice.
>>
>>7637667
>the vegan diet works the baby couldnt handle it.
>>
>>7637696
>muh no true Scotsman
>>7637851
You proven you are a fatso that probably ate high sodium and fried foods or with a lot of meat.
You also probably gad a lot of other factors also.
If you balance your diet you'll be healthier. Duh
>>
>>7638319
According to your post it was inept parents. And also by your post you can say the same thing about diets that include animal products. Let the child decide when they are older if they truly want to include them.

All of the information is out there on how to live a very healthy life eating fruits, vegetables, tubers, whole grains, nuts and seeds. The fault here is that the parents were falling into the orthorexic/purity mindset, which is the fault of the parents themselves, not a vegan/plant based diet.
>>
>>7637604
>Jade Sanders, 27, and Lamont Thomas, 31.
>Crown Shakur, weighed just 3 1/2 pounds when he died of starvation on April 25, 2004.
>April 25, 2004

What so this happened 12 years ago? So was the woman 15 at the time or what?
>>
File: palm.jpg (2 KB, 136x91) Image search: [Google]
palm.jpg
2 KB, 136x91
>>7637604
>homo lifestyle
>Married heterosexual couple
Absolute retard.
Also this story is over 12 years old.
OP confirmed for double shitcunt.
>>
>>7638169

My diet is perfectly healthy, said the vegan. Just because my spawn and I would die in nature unless we drink soylent proton supplement every day and we're entirely dependent on powdered vegan proton supps doesn't mean we're unhealthy. everyone should go vegan, even though cats and small children can die from it and you need to live within 10 miles of a whole foods or you'll die of protein deficiency without your supps.

Naturalism may be a fallacy, but creating a dependency on a certain type of supplement just to enable you to survive your chosen diet DOES mean you have a shit diet. It's no different than fatties eating a diet of cake and lard and then needing insulin injections. "Are you saying injected insulin dependency is bad because it's unnatural, anon, you know that's a fallacy right? hue hue hue I'm so smart."
>>
>>7638335

According to their post, it was both. You fucking idiot.

Malnutrition from a vegan diet killed the kid. The parents put him on the diet.
>>
>posting 9-year-old news stories
>>
It seems the issue here is less about veganism and more about general idiocy. A baby should be consuming nothing but breastmilk or formula for the first 4 months.
>>
>>7638344
Nigga are you serious?
>>
>>7638387
Wow, where to begin. I guess I'm taking this bait.

For starters no one, including vegans, needs processed soy products to live a healthy and fit life. This includes soylent, soy milk, tofu, etc.

No one needs protein powders of any kind as well to live a healthy and fit life. This ties into the "protein deficiency" myth. Not only by eating WHOLE plant foods do you get adequate protein amounts to have proper muscle and body function, but also plenty for building new muscle and gaining strength. Do you even know what protein deficiency is? It isn't "hurr durr you are skinny."
You also don't need to live near a Whole Foods, Sprouts, Henry's, AJ's or any other health food store. You can get a plethora of healthy, complete foods from Wal-Mart if you so choose.

What do cats have to do with veganism? Small children (humans) have lived healthy lives on a vegan/plant based diet for centuries. You can also die from all sorts of other diets which are not vegan, so they must be deadly as well?

Ignorance and arrogance is an awful combination. I suggest you get to reading up on health and nutrition.
>>
>>7638400
Wrong.
You are under the assumption that vegan=/=malnutrition. Which is absolutely wrong. The child could be malnourished on a diet including animal products as well. Surely you see the flawed implications here.
>>
File: welldoneop.gif (2 MB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
welldoneop.gif
2 MB, 400x228
>>7637632
> forcing a baby to eat fucking artificial supplements to stay alive

this is no "moral" lifestyle.
this is plain torture.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 371x247) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 371x247
http://local12.com/news/offbeat/prison-for-parents-who-fed-hot-dog-smoothies-to-starving-boy-6-04-24-2016

>But meat iz da healthy! The peepul on da teevee sed so!

You want to cherry pick?
>>
>>7638487
>muh cherry picking is better than your cherry picking
Shit posting.
>>
>>7638501
Except it's not, the point here is that it's a matter of inept parents, not a vegan diet.
>>
>>7638320
strawman.jpg
>>
>>7638508
Why are the parebts forcing a vegan diet on a babay?
>>7638514
>It's a strawman for calling out cherry picking.
Wut?
>>
>>7638567
In what manner is a baby eating a perfectly palatable diet "forcing"? Part of being a parent is deciding for your child what they consume. Whether the baby eats vegan or animal products neither is more forced than the other.
>>
>>7638435
how the hell did this baby die?
not the guy you're responding to.

As far as centuries go, pretty much no one has done that shit ever. tons of "Vegan" life style cultures eat animal protien from insects in their rice. this isn't comparable to cows and shit, but it obviously helps to have smaller sources of animal protien.
>>
>>7638615
Anyone would be malnourished on soy milk and applejuice.

Missing crucial fiber, trace fats and minerals that they would otherwise get consuming whole plant foods and mothers milk.
Protein worries are nonexistent if consuming adequate calories from whole plant foods, and in this case mothers milk. The notion that the inclusion of animal products is required and necessary to meet protein needs is a myth and misinformation.
>>
>>7638651
A 6-week-old shouldn't be consuming any plants either. Mother's milk or formula only.
>>
>>7638674
This.

Infants cannot live on a vegan diet. Babies require milk or formula. All other arguments involving an older child or adult's nutritional requirements are irrelevant. This is not uncommon knowledge. For whatever reasons, intents, or lack thereof, the parents were criminally negligent towards their child and were responsible for its death, so deemed by the jury. There is no excuse for not taking a severely underweight baby to a doctor. Ever. This thread is stupid.
>>
>>7637604
Why the fuck the parents do it. It would be human breast milk, not that of an animal. No factory would release toxic chemicals in the air, no animal would be killed, mistreated, or harmed. You just have to let the baby suck on your tit.

Why.
>>
>>7638845
>vegans
>logic
Pick one and one only
>>
>>7638674
>>7638741
I never mentioned a 6 week old. I'm referring to babies as a whole, not day 1 birth, I actually agree. Sorry if the opposite was implied.
>>
>>7638850
Human breastmilk is vegan. These are simply incompetent parents, and plenty of vegan mothers do in fact breastfeed their children.
>>
>>7638856
Not all of them?
>>
>>7638871
Nope, more often than not those apart of the orthorexic and purist crowd. These things don't inherently mean that they will be against it, but from what I've seen they are more likely.

However I would say minimum 70% agree with human breastmilk. Though that's a really conservative figure.
>>
File: PyIUjNt.jpg (103 KB, 639x670) Image search: [Google]
PyIUjNt.jpg
103 KB, 639x670
vegans are subhuman similar to africans and aboriginals
>>
File: 84320492394-2.png (123 KB, 349x274) Image search: [Google]
84320492394-2.png
123 KB, 349x274
>vegans aren't allowed to breastfeed their kids because it "exploits another for their product"
>>
>>7638996
See

>>7638310
>>7638418
>>7638651
>>7638856
>>7638891
>>
>>7638164
Does toothpaste grow on trees?
>>
>>7637604
Is it OK for vegans to eat a baby that died of natural causes?
>>
>>7639052
Technically it would be vegan, yes. However that doesn't stop it from being royally fucked up, same for any other animal.

Most sane people find no attraction to doing such acts, not just vegans.
>>
>>7637851
>lots of fresh vegetables and beans occasionally supplemented by dairy or meat.
The areas with people that live the longest usually follow this diet.
>>
>>7637858
Highly underrated post
>>
>>7637604
yes and no meat eaters ever neglected their child... never ever happened
>>
>>7639168
>technically it would be vegan

No it wouldnt you dumbass
>>
>>7638387
>natural fallacy
It isn't a formal fallacy.

It's only fallacious depending on the context.
Appeal to nature isn't a watertight argument but can be used to support an argument alongside other examples.
>>
>>7638435
So where do you get your B12?
>>
>>7638353
One can be a faggot and be straight, for example yourself. Also, how does the age of the story invalidate it?
>>
>>7640388
From genetically engineered yeast, of course. JUST LIKE HOW MY ANCESTORS DID.
>>
>>7641175
Meat wasn't the primary source of B12 either, which by the way is supplemented in our modern world.
It was from fresh water sources (which we no longer have the ability to properly process without ill health), dirty vegetation (which is very uncommon to find in grocery stores due to health regulations, as well as a hyper clean society), as well as feces (which would be found in/on soil as well as our hands, and yet again due to hyper clean society).
So it's either take your choice of methylcobalamin/cyanocobalamin, or have an animal be injected with said supplements, and then eat that.

Neither is natural, yet taking the supplement on its own is the better option all around.
If we wanted to get back to our roots we would have to have a large scale, very long term shift in the way we drink water and process, as well as eat our food so that we readjust.
>>
>>7641533
>I want shit in my food and water
>>
>>7641636
Nowhere in there does it say that I wanted that.
>>
>>7637851
Yes, pescatarians are typically the healthiest people, in terms of dietary health at least.

big difference from veganism though.
>>
>>7637604
I don't really care if someone goes vegan or not as an adult, it's their call. I sympathize with a lot of their reasoning, as the current way we raise animals for food is horrid and unsustainable, with way too much of the world's landmass contributing to feed way too much livestock, which produce way too many byproducts, ect, ect. It's a huge shitshow. All we'd have to do is cut back a bit, show some self discipline and not just shovel meat into our faces every meal, and the problems would correct themselves.

But people are incapable of taking personal responsibility for the state of the world, or policing their own behavior, or even doing literally anything other than being hedonists. Thus radical counter-cultures such as modern veganism appear out of the woodwork to try and take a stand. But no amount of extremism is going to fix the problem.
>>
>>7638331
That isn't a Scotsman argument, that's true. It is entirely possible to keep a baby alive on a vegan or vegetarian diet. In fact, vegan and veggie baby formulas are easily available.

The baby died because they didn't fucking feed it. This was the prosecution's argument, and the verdict. The bottle they found was rancid, filthy, and disused. They just tossed him some soymilk and other bullshit instead of breastmilk, proper formula, or any other number of nutrient rich, baby-approved things. But they barley fucking fed the poor child.
>>
>>7637826
Because their ideology led in part to their mistreatment of their child. Though it was not the cause of the death of their child, mistreatment was. As has been pointed out multiple times in this thread, veggie/vegan baby formula is not hard to come by, and is approved as real, nutritious food.

Had they been meat eaters, orthodox jews, Muslims, fucking African tribesmen who only eat proteins and fats, or 3 star chefs, the baby still would have died under their care and feeding habits.
>>
>>7638466

A baby is poorly adapted to any unprocessed natural foods, it wants food pre-processed by a chemical plant.
>>
>>7641896
>>7638466
It wants literally whatever contains the necessary nutrients it needs to survive and grow properly. Whether this is obtained by vegan or purely fucking carnivorous means makes no difference.
>>
>>7637604
they could have fed the baby non-dairy formula like most people with lactose intolerant infants do. they could have been raw vegan but then again most raw vegans believe in breast feeding.

https://youtu.be/xqdHiAuQSho?t=40s
>>
How do you guys call people that don't eat meat but are okay with fish, eggs, milk, etc?
>>
>>7642630
Mediterranean
>>
home birth should be a crime.
>>
File: wrong2.png (147 KB, 378x255) Image search: [Google]
wrong2.png
147 KB, 378x255
>freak incident happens in 2004
>carnists can't stop freaking out about it in 2016
How many carnists have condemmed their children to a life of obesity and heart disease by force-feeding them tendies for 3 meals a day?
>>
>>7642630
Cretins
>>
>>7642630
Technically, people who don't eat meat but do eat milk/cheese/eggs are ovo-lacto vegetarians. People who eat fish would be considered pescatarians.

But try and call either one a vegetarian (even though both are a sub-set of vegetarianism) on this board and a bunch of autists will shit their pants and have a fit about it.
>>
are you guys dumb or something

this case doesn't actually have anything to do with being vegan at all its just a sensationalist headline

almost all baby food is made from plants if you didn't notice

these people were obviously just very stupid and out of touch with reality
>>
>>7637604

When a vegan says "I dont drink milk because the process is harmful to animals" they mean cows being hooked up to machines which is unnatural.

This couple... for some unknown reason.... believe that organisms as a whole shouldnt feed from their mothers milk... the milk that is naturally made... for the child by the body.

Op... these people are flat out retarded.

On another note. Much like cows...

The human digestive system develops as you age to not need milk and rely mainly on a plant based diet.

Yes the body has evolved around and can readily digest and gain nutrients from animal meat and produce. BUT

these sources of food are associated with cancer and disease. People in places of the world who do not eat anything but plants tend to live longer.

This is why im vegan.. i want to be on the earth a little longer to see a little more things.
>>
>>7643141
I wish you'd stop being vegan. We don't want you around very long.
>>
>>7643188

OWtheEDGE.jpg
>>
toastin in a roll bread
>>
>>7637687
because their shit lifestyle can't keep it alive otherwise.
>>
>>7637604
Not that they don't deserve it but how does one death net three different killing charges? That seems like a misuse of the law.
>>
File: 1452315762569.gif (479 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1452315762569.gif
479 KB, 320x180
>>7637851
>vegetarian diet + meat

M8
>>
>>7643549
You should delete that image.
>>
>>7643556
says who?
>>
File: do not talk to tripfag.jpg (32 KB, 425x312) Image search: [Google]
do not talk to tripfag.jpg
32 KB, 425x312
>>7642689
>tripfag
>>
>>7637696
I must asume that you also have your own perfect way of comunism that has never being tried
>>
>>7638310
>inept parents
>vegan lifestyle

You act as if these exist seperately in a vacuum. In all likelyhood the same mental disorder that turned them to veganism made them inept parents.
>>
>>7640360
Show me a case where meat eating parents fed their child too much meat, dipshit.
>>
>>7644738
It's actually in this very thread.

>>7638487
>>
>>7643141
I exercise daily and make my own meals consisting of a variety of foods with an appropriate ratio. Maybe something from fast food once a week and no Soda unless I'm chasing alcohol. If I happen to be blessed with good genetics and an environment that doesn't try to kill me I guarantee I'll live a long time - hopefully as long as you or any other cu/ck/ in this thread.

What bothers me is this attitude that we have brothers and sisters coming up with using their diet as a means to divide themselves from others. Community is important but drawing a line in the sand to intentionally distance yourself from people based on their diet and not their heart is dildos.
>>
>>7644848
This is someone physically and psychologically abusing a child. Did you really read the article?

It's very sad. They only gave the boy mixtures of hotdogs, carrots, some other vegetable, and oil. He had to drink it twice a day. Eventually he was digging food from the school trash can. Terrible.

Granted there was meat but you're exaggerating your point with this and it isn't necessarily related.
>>
>>7637604

> Refusing to use animal products

> Product that your own fucking body produces

It's a tragedy that the baby died, but a blessing that it didn't have to grow up with these dimwits as parents.
>>
>>7644993
I did read the article, and it is precisely what was asked for. Meat eaters neglected their child, and was fed too much meat.
It is not an exaggeration, just simply the facts of the matter.
>>
>>7645077
>>
>>7644524
I assume its the same one that got you to shitpost here
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.