[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most Undervalued Espresso Maker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: er_photo_216379.jpg (81 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
er_photo_216379.jpg
81 KB, 800x640
Here's the deal /ck

I'm looking for a used espresso machine for less than 150 dollars. I want the one with the best price/quality ratio and this is why the 'undervalued' side is important.

I've been tirelessly scanning Gumtree and eBay for Rancilio Silvias and Gaggia Classics (two of the most popular) ones. The Silvias are way out of my budget but I've managed to find some bargain Classic (for $80) from sellers who obviously had no clue how much they actually cost but all the others are in the $200 range. My understanding is that this is because they but as they are both meme espresso makers so it's always going to drive up the price.

So I'm looking for a machine that can rival the Gaggia Classic but is less well known and so hopefully will cost less second-hand.
>>
>>7632483
The reason we they resell so cheap is that these cheapo espresso machines are not made to last and start having issues, especially if the owners did not care for them and clean them regularly you retard
>>
>>7632678
They're not selling for cheap, the $150-$200 ones are selling for half the price of them new, which is normal for any used item. The two ones that I saw for $80 were both almost brand new in their box, on sale by people who didn't know how to use them or were given them (both on gumtree). You can descale them and clean them and you can tell if that's been done once you check them.

Way to totally miss the point of OP
>>
File: 1362568259792.jpg (70 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1362568259792.jpg
70 KB, 480x480
>>7632971
Find me an underground espresso machine for only 10% of mrsp OK haha that's why I came to an underground club thanks.

I suggest looking at the pic
>>
>>7632483
You can not get an espresso machine worth a shit for less than $150 dollars.
>>
>>7632989
We're talking about a USED espresso machine

There's plenty of them. All working Gaggia Classics are going for that much on eBay, for example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAGGIA-CLASSIC-ESPRESSO-COFFEE-MAKER-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-ITALIAN-VERSION-/201574922828?hash=item2eeecd3a4c:g:oGgAAOSwrXdXJyJY

>>7632983
M8 what don't you understand? The question is simple:

What are some espresso machines that are of equal quality as the Gaggia Classic but less famous.
>>
>>7633006
>hopefully cost less
>for less than $150
>bargain machines

LOL it's not about price m8 come on xD
Sage in all fields for goal post shifting retard op
>>
>>7633040
Jesus Christ, you're Grade-A stupid!

Less famous = less expensive

If a used Gaggia Classic costs $150, then a less famous/popular espresso machine will cost less.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby?
>>
>>7633047
Perhaps, but that's not relevant to the discussion. Look at >>7632989 and realise you're a dip
>>
>>7633066
But both him and you are wrong.
>>
not OP but wondering what I should be expecting to spend for a good entry level machine. right now I'm using a Nespresso and obviously it's pretty shit.

is buying used worth it for better machines? thanks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.