[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one become a connoisseur of particular food or alcohol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Messages Image(991323528).png (2 MB, 1800x1259) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(991323528).png
2 MB, 1800x1259
How does one become a connoisseur of particular food or alcohol?
>>
>>7629363
You dont become you are
>>
That map has Kansas and Nebraska confused.
Fuck whoever made that map. Fuck them right in the ass with a big rubber dick.
>>
>>7629363
in missouri we call it "toasted ravioli"

and shoutout to the michigan pasty where my yooper senpai at
>>
>Grew up in New Jersey
>Never had a Pork Roll Sandwich, with or without egg and cheese

Hmph.
>>
>>7629465
>Grew up in New Jersey

Kill yourself, you guiddo trash
>>
>>7629465
North Jersey detected. I went to school at Princeton. Pork roll is more a central and southern Jersey thing.
>>
>>7629363
Canuck here. What's so special about a Las Vegas all you can eat buffet that sets it apart from other all you can eat buffets?
>>
>>7629570
I said New Jersey, not Jersey Shore.

>>7629577
I lived in Middlesex County, towards the south of it. Is that still considered Northern Jersey?
>>
>>7629363
>fried okra that's not sliced
Nobody does that.
>>
>>7629399
That's a p egregious oversight. Like they had to connect those mistaken lines to the wrong states and add text and everything.

But I'm from CA so fuck you, flyovers.
>>
>>7629580
Its outdated. Vegas use to have great quality steaks, lobster, deserts and large quantities of anything decadent etc in their ayce for a very low price. This was back when any of those things were difficult to find made well at any restaurant. Low enough that they were probably losing money on the food. Nowadays there isnt anything really special about it and its gotten much more expensive.
>>
>>7629612
I'm not even from America and I noticed it. It's a huge fucking error.
>>
Ohio here, those buckeye things are too sweet.
>>
>>7629755
>implying vegas no longer has deserts
80% of your state is deserts.
>>
>>7629363
Of the places I lived

>Connecticut should just be New Haven style pizza, the white clam pizza I've never seen anyone get ever. Clam bake also appropriate.

>Wisconsin is pretty accurate, brats need to be cooked in beer though

>Montana should be a Beef Pasty, or slow cooked Elk.

Overall map seems pretty innacurate.
>>
File: Surly_fags.jpg (68 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
Surly_fags.jpg
68 KB, 500x300
>>7629363
MD here, and glad that one of these pictures has the true food of my kin, heavily spiced sea spiders. Tired of people trying to sell the pit beef sandwich. Of course a roasted/smoked beef on a kaiser roll with onion, spicy bbq sauce and horseradish is delicious and everyone else in the country makes it so dry you can swap a slice for a kitchen sponge but there is simply no goddamn comparing Maryland Blue Crab with some of the Old Bay. Coat em till you cant see their sad little alien eye stalks and them steam em alive till satan red. Fuck me, I am so hard now, damn you /ck/
>>
File: Prohibition_Gin.jpg (27 KB, 293x480) Image search: [Google]
Prohibition_Gin.jpg
27 KB, 293x480
>>7629363
here's how I got comfy with gins

>watch as many good reviews as you can
>drink with the reviewer to try and understand their assessment
>be opinionated
>write down 10 adjectives describing your drink, every time you drink
>standardize your review process
>learn some basics, then fake it until you make it

pic related, god tier gin
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.