[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a meme herb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bay-leaves-turkish-organic-1.jpg (174 KB, 800x607) Image search: [Google]
bay-leaves-turkish-organic-1.jpg
174 KB, 800x607
Is this a meme herb?
>>
>>7626747
I hate bay leaves. They taste like shit and cut my gums when I get them in my mouth. My wife puts bay leaves in everything, from soups to pasta to salads, which is why I stopped eating the shitty food she cooks.
>>
>>7626751
You're supposed to take the bay leaves out of whatever sauce when you're done cooking it.
>>
Its just easy to go overboard with them. I cant think of any reason to put more than one medium dried leaf into a whole pot of stew.
>>
>>7626747
Get out.
>>
>>7626751
It sounds like she hates you.
>>
A fucking leaf.
>>
>>7626747
Meme is a meme meme, you chucklefuck
>>
>>7626751
Soak in salted vinigar for 24hrs
Toast in 180 C oven for 10 mins
>Better than pop corn
>>
That was an obnoxious way of asking, but I think OP means: "Is there any real point to bay leaves, or are they just ornamental/ritualistic?"
>>
I've added them to rice while it's cooking before and it definitely imparts a flavour. I realized I infinitely prefer making plain rice (with maybe some salt) and then combining it with shit in the dish though.
Also I've used it in some curry dishes where it works well, even the dry expired shit I had.
>>
It's better to add fresh leaves, but yes, there's a savory/herbal/salty flavor that goes really well in a lot of dishes. Just add the leaves when you add the rest of the spices, so after you're mostly done with the onion/tomato/meat browning steps.

Remove the leaves before serving. If you have leftovers, I like to mix them in with the remainder of the meal before returning it to the fridge. If I'm freezing the leftovers, though, I just throw them away.
>>
>>7626747
KYS
Y
S
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.