[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gluten Free Cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: niceBuns.jpg (610 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
niceBuns.jpg
610 KB, 2048x1152
Sup cu/ck/s, so my girlfriend wants to cook dinner together tomorrow but she is gluten free. Usually when we do this we either get gluten free pasta or make some kind of Mexican dish. At the moment nothing is coming to mind as far as what dish we should make.
What do you guys think?

> Also gluten free thread.
>>
Shameless self bump. We still have 6 hours...
>>
You'd better explicitly state that your girlfriend is celiac before you get shitposted out of your own thread
>>
>>7621499
Some people are gluten-free because they are fructan-free. All gluten grains have fructans

Anyway OP, every dish that doesn't include gluten is gluten-free, so what the fuck is the point of this thread? Literally just cook up any staple except a gluten grain. So you can do corn, rice, legumes, millet, etc. I truly don't get it.
>>
>>7620090
Are you retarded or 17?
>Salad with vinaigrette/Steak,Broccolis,potatoes/Icecream and Fruits
>Squash soup/Roasted chicken,pilaf rice,green beans/Homemade chocolate mousse
>any BBQ with marinated meats
>>
File: guy-fieri-flower-head-1.jpg (87 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
guy-fieri-flower-head-1.jpg
87 KB, 600x423
>>7620090
*sigh* i'll take the bait.

why don't you just eat food that's naturally gluten-free? if you really need to eat cereal grains, eat quinoa, polenta, oats or something else.

off the top of my head—
>appetizer
prosciutto and melon, hummus, babagnoush, or salsa. i don't know, do something fresh.
>salad
whatever the fuck kind of salad you want. it's almost summertime, eat caprese if you've got the tomatoes for it.
>main course
meat, however you want it, or grilled firm tofu if you're a fagatarian. if you are, you'll know how to marinate it and shit. on the side, leafy greens or brassicas, and some gluten-free cereal grains.
>dessert
make a fucking cobbler or something, i don't know
>>
lentil stew

caramelize onions properly over low heat
add spices (paprika, tumeric, cayenne, other such)
deglaze with some squeezed orange juice
add slim chopped chili and garlic
add lentils (boiled or not)
add coconut milk
bring to a boil
add tomato paste
boil/cook in the oven until the lentils are done and the consistency is reduce to the wanted thickness
add salt
serve with rice or with a protein source of your choice.
>>
>>7621524
where the fuck do you live that it's cold enough for lentil stew right now?
>>
>>7621531

it might rain
>>
>>7621531
Newsflash, it just snowed across central Europe a couple days ago because we fucked up the planet
>>
>>7621499
Nope, not celiacs, just confused.

>>7621514
The point is to get specific meal ideas, not "oh hur dur cook something without glutens xDDD."

>>7621518
Thanks, good suggestion. I was thinking steak with roasted carrots and potatoes, but I did those carrots and potatoes last Sunday so I want to mix it up a bit.

>>7621522
Thanks, I might end up doing a salad. Not fagatarian.

>>7621524
Thanks for the real answer anon, real quality shit, sounds delicious.
>>
>>7621531
Not OP but here it's barely 10C (50 F), so it's still lentil stew weather.
>>
fajitas
>>
>>7620090
Kill her.
>>
>>7623193
Good answer based anon.

So we ended up making chicken parm with gluten free flour for the breading, and Greek salad. A cherry cobbler is in the oven right now with phony busquit topping so we'll see how that turns out.
>>
>>7623280
The cobbler turned out amazing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.