[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
somebody here into keto/low carb/paleo? i'm getting tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: pBZKfPR.jpg (1 MB, 1700x2200) Image search: [Google]
pBZKfPR.jpg
1 MB, 1700x2200
somebody here into keto/low carb/paleo? i'm getting tired of everyday combination of beef/chicken/eggs, mangos and vegetables and kinda looking for some inspiration
>>
>>7617890
>keto/low carb/paleo

Which one? They are all different from each other.
>>
>>7617890
>breaded fried chicken
>butter, cheese and oil that high
>nuts on the chart at all
christ this is wrong

keto works really well but you have to actually count carbs, and almost everything above the meat tier has at least 5 per serving
>>
>>7617898
keto i suppose
>>
>>7617907
do you know how these charts work?
>>
>>7617908
When I did keto one of my favorite meals was chicken, spinach, mushrooms, and onions all cooked together and browned in butter topped with provolone cheese.

Egg salad and 1/2 avocado for breakfast, inlets, eggs and sausage/bacon, cottage cheese, etc.

BLT wrapped in lettuce with mayo for lunch. Zucchini slices with a little ranch to dip it in to.

modified cheesecake pudding for dessert ( very low carb, high fat, no sugar)

Just stay at 20g -30g carbs per day, drink your water, use lite salt to up your potassium. Main thing with keto, other than being very low carb, is making sure you keep your electrolytes in check. You need extra salt, potassium, and magnesium.
>>
>>7617931
Omlets*** fuckin autocorrect. Sorry
>>
>>7617931
thanks a lot!
>>
>>7617940
Also Google Caveman Keto. Dude has all kinds of recipes and ideas. Most of it is really good.

If you want pasta then use shirataki noodles or get a spiralizer and make zuccini noodles. You can make your own sauces and control ingredients. Easy to make a keto Alfredo sauce with heavy cream and Parmesan. Cauliflower casseroles and mashed or riced to sub for potatoes, or rice are also great.

I also meant to mention buffalo wings. Jesus, I ate those all the time dipped into bleu cheese. Anyway, good luck. Just stick to the plan. The first 3-4 days are hard but after that it's a breeze. Just stick to it. You can do it.
>>
>>7617932
You still spelled it wrong......
>>
>>7617890
>no fruit
u wot
>>
>>7618204
The diet is designed to make you feel smart by doing the inverse of what every nutritionist expert panel says to do
>>
>>7617890
omelette with mushrooms, 1/2 avocado and macadamia nuts for BF

grill cheese, camembert, fish with butter, protein bread with cheese, chocolate >=90%cocoa, grill chicken

hardest part for me is not to exceed my protein limit esp. with chicken and fish
>>
>>7617907
you can make breaded chicken that's got ~1 net carb per serving using a slurry of cornstarch and whipped egg whites. I use it to make the 'blackened tenders' that popeyes has.
>>
>>7618230
The ketogenic diet was designed to metabolically treat epileptic children who didn't respond to anti-seizure medication. That and the derivative Atkins diet also turned out to be effective for type 1 and type 2 diabetics as well as being very effective at healthy weight loss in people without underlying medical conditions.
>>
>>7619383
people were made to follow a ketogenic diet before we were able to synthesize insulin and the only way to actually get insulin injections was to grind up pig pancreases
>>
>>7619448
I'm a type 1 diabetic, and a ketogenic diet has greatly improved my blood glucose level control. I'm probably going to live decades longer with fewer complications. I'm Take far less insulin, I'm leaner, more active and more physically fit. Despite better insulins and delivery systems, type 1 diabetes is still metabolic hard mode. Glad the "fad" made me aware of this diet. Not once in my life did a doctor recommend it–those fuckers.
>>
>>7617890
>cheese
>coconut
>2016
enjoy your diabetes, hypertension and myocardial infarction
>>
>>7618204
>no fruit
And?
>>
>>7619717
My old primary care doctor recommended high fat and protein low carb diet to my father but he wouldn't do it, wasn't until I started and I pestered him about it did he bother trying. He doesn't have to take insulin anymore, just metformin.
>>
>>7620234
I have a relative with type 2 also. I cannot convince him to start a low carb diet despite it helping my type 1 so drastically. Any advice?
>>
>>7617908

suppose?

are you or are you not aiming to enter ketosis?
>>
I've done keto 260 > 165lbs, I usually just didn't eat much, and didn't care that the food got boring and samey. Would usually do chorizo scrambled eggs breakfast, spinach deviled eggs dinner, and almonds until I fell asleep. Plenty of coffee with heavy whipping cream throughout the day too.

It's good for weight loss, my progress was over 4 months, but I was also working out every day. I never looked into caveman keto or other recipes cause I didn't think I'd need to do this longterm but it's definitely a yoyo diet and I'm back on going down from 200.
>>
I'm gonna ask this here since it seems like the best place.

What are some great foods/recipes high in protein, low carbs, and medium-high fat? I'm starting IF, and while I have a great high protein, high carb, low fat meal, I don't have much in the way for the other.
>>
It comes naturally to me so I guess I'm into it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.