[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VEGAN EVERYTHING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
>check out catalog
>no vegan thread
>>
>>7610888

there's a vegetarian one

you can just share that one
>>
>>7610896
Vegetarians are scum
>>
I only like fried tofu with some soy sauce or teriyaki....what else is decent?
>>
>>7610899
And Vegans aren't?
>>
>>7611060
Steak sauce. Fukin yum.
>>
>>7610888
That looks awful
>>
>>7610899
Well fuck you too, buddy.
>>
>>7611519
>Vegan threads never work because meat eaters get bitter that only 95% of threads are about them rather than 100%

why was the truth deleted
>>
>>7611069
Vegetarians can actually be normal people and they can pretty much always find something on the menu so that they don't ruin everyones time at the restaurant. Vegans are actual scum
>>
>>7610888
Those beans have way too much liquid. Might as well have just made a bean soup with those veg and used whatever kind of fried carb that is on the right as a dipping apparatus.
>>
>>7611598
This.
I'm a vegetarian and can find something to eat at like fucking Buffalo Wild Wings. I have vegan friends and it becomes a whole fiasco figuring out where to eat. Fuck em
>>
I'm not even vegan but I bought some gardein chicken nuggets on sale. They're really tasty. I didn't know fake meat could be so good.
>>
>>7611602
For real. My omni friends go nuts like "oh where oh where can we eat now," and with the exception of 2-3 seafood or BBQ spots, we can go everywhere we used to. People forget most food can be easily veganised, especially East Asian and Mexican.
>>
>>7611658
>especially East Asian and Mexican
They're either not strict vegans luckily or suckers. Those are two types of food that I would say are the most difficult because asshole vegans want all of their stuff cooked separately with special oil.
>>
>>7611670
I think there are vegans who just don't eat animal products, and vegans who want to be special snowflakes and have found a means to pretend their need for attention has something to do with ethics.
I don't care at all about my food being cooked with oil and appliances that cooked meat. I just care that I'm not personally contributing to more suffering.
You need to watch out for incidental fish in Asian food, and lard in Mexican, but otherwise it's easy if you're not a total attention whore.
>>
>>7611688
i did a few months vegan. I just cooked for myself 95% of the time. But if going out just remembering Thai uses fish sauce, refried beans have lard, and Chinese uses chicken stalk
>>
I'm not a vegan but what are some good Vegetarian dishes I can make for lunch? I'm trying to eat a little more nutritious because rice and meat is slowly killing my body.
>>
>>7611725
Any Mexican or Italian dish can pretty much be made vegetarian. But that isn't exactly healthy if you're downing burritos and pasta. Stir frys are healthy, just add a protein. And then learn to cook Indian food. You'll stink like pajeet's loo but it's good shit
>>
File: 192.png (167 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
192.png
167 KB, 512x512
>>7611736
Thanks my dude
>>
>>7611736
Also Greek, Chinese and Middle Eastern are all veggie friendly.
>>
these threads are always started by meatfags who false flag as obnoxious vegans. at least thats what I think. sometimes some of the pro-vegan posts you read here are just ridiculously overthetop arrogant.
>>
>>7611741
This disturbs me.
Please delete.
>>
>>7610888
A friend of mine who is vegan come over for high tea yesterday afternoon. All of the vegan tea sandwich recipes online were hummus and bell pepper, or some other uninspired variant.

I ended up using my standard egg salad recipe, replaced mayo and eggs with vegan mayo and tofu, and those sandwiches were fantastic. Also made soyrizo/guacamole wraps, and eggplant/tahini pita.

I also whipped up vegan snicker-doodles and a homemade coconut ice cream. It was a fun and interesting challenge to come up with an appropriate menu to accommodate a different set of dietary preferences.
>>
>>7611724
>chicken stalk
lol bouillon doesn't grow on trees u know
>>
>>7611803
kek
>>
>>7611783
I've always been curious, what do they replace the eggs with in cookies? I mean that's pretty much what holds the cookies together.
>>
>>7611931
horse glue
>>
>>7611931
xanthan gum and soy lecithin
>>
>>7611931
there are billions of ways to do this.. like 1 tbsp ground flaxseed, 2.5 tbsp water, mix and let sit for 5 minutes, here you go you got a vegan egg to replace eggs in most recipes
>>
>>7611931
A different protein? Almost any will work.
>>
>>7611931
Is aquafaba a good egg replacer in general or just for meringues and mousses?
>>
>>7611958

a "good" egg replacer in general
>>
>>7611956
I wouldn't think so. I mean, when eggs cook, the proteins denature, and bind things together. I don't think mashed beans or tofu would work like that.
>>
>>7610888
Literally any thread mentioning vegetables is vegan, including meat that isn't batter fried tendies from a box, that's vegan too
t. /ck/
>>
Tested vegan salami once. Nasty as hell.
>>
>vegan thread

More like malnourished thread.
>>
File: 1423019402934.jpg (70 KB, 569x566) Image search: [Google]
1423019402934.jpg
70 KB, 569x566
>>7612483
Funny.
>>
>implying veganism isn't the future
stay delusional :^)
>>
>>7611766
Truth hurts, kid

Move along
>>
>>7611766
I know right!! Vegans are never dicks or pretentious.
>>
>>7611947
Xanthan gum is a powerful laxative. I never eat vegan/gluten-free baked goods anymore.
>>
>>7612523
Can we stop with this same argument
Meat eaters think they're better than veggies and vegans
Veggies think they're better than meat eaters and vegans
Vegans think they're better than meat eaters and veggies.
Can we shut up and share recipes or pictures or tips of vegan food
>>
>>7612535
Hey faggot, I don't care whatever bullshit ethical principle you apply to your diet, I eat anything. Vegans are just preachy fags.
>>
>>7612549
Which is why you're here not preaching

Wait
>>
>>7612534
That's only if you're particularly sensitive to it, and you'd have to eat like three entire loaves of bread anyway.
>>
>>7612554
Again, I don't care about your Antifa diet. Just post your recipes.
>>
>>7612562
>whine about other diets

>i dont care
>>
File: n.jpg (7 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
7 KB, 125x125
>>7610899
>>
>>7612559
It's more like the home baked stuff where they're experimenting with texture or accidentally put way too much in. It's just not worth it to me.
>>
Probably my favorite Vegan Dish when I went Vegan was Cereal and Almond milk. The sweetness of the almond milk made it GOAT.
>>
>>7610888
http://www.islamicconcern.com/halalvegetarianism.asp
>>7610899
>>7611598
>>7611658

Why not halal vegan, you scum infidel. Please snackbar yourself and gibe women and passport!
>>
>>7612505
Vegan Islamic State is the future. Westeros will fall to us!
>>
>>7610888
>vegan
>hitting macro goals

I chuckled
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.