[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /ck/. I'm going to a afternoon "baby gender reveal"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hi /ck/. I'm going to a afternoon "baby gender reveal" party in a few days and they asked if people could bring food. I am great friends with all these people so I wanted to make something at least on the level of "i spent some amount of time on this" instead of just buying artichoke dip or some shit. I want to do something with meat and cheese, was thinking about a nicer version of pic related. Maybe spicy cream cheese and bacon or something. Ideally nothing with super exotic ingredients, as options are somewhat limited where i live unless i drive a few hours.

tldr: what are some great party foods for things like this?
>>
>>7599250
What gender did the baby choose?
>>
>>7599250
Make pizza dough (or buy it, because who gives a shit about other peoples kids)
flatten it out, cut 2" squares
add meat and cheese, no sauce
close your dumpling, add it to a baking dish seam side down
brush with eggwash, parmesan, and garlic butter for a golden brown top
Bake until they're done
Make a thick marinara sauce for the side

Or buy some shit because you'll be going to your friends baby shower, kids bdays, and all kinds of meaningless social events because they had crotchfruit.
>>
>>7599250
I hope the baby dies rather than have to put up with the kind of scumfuck parents who throw a gender reveal party.
>>
Mix some softened goat cheese with roast garlic and minced fresh herbs.
Cut the stems off a bunch of jalapenos and cut them in half, scoop out most of the seeds/membrane.
Use a pastry bag or a spoon to put some of the goat cheese into each jalapeno.
Wrap with bacon, then roast them on a rack in the oven or grill them until the bacon is crispy and the jalapeno is cooked.

That's one of my favorite things to make or bring to parties.
>>
>>7599250
Gender reveal party? Is this held in addition to, or instead of, a baby shower? I have no idea what the atmosphere at something like this would be like.
>>
For my wife's son's gender rehearsal picnic, I brought hot dogs wrapped in bacon and coated in cheez-whiz. most everyone loved it, especially little tyrese
>>
>>7599295
It's just another excuse for yuppies to get together, eat and drink a bunch of cheap garbage, gladhand each other and pretend to be friends for a few hours.
>>
File: images-184.jpg (31 KB, 380x387) Image search: [Google]
images-184.jpg
31 KB, 380x387
>>7599295
Check your privelege cis shitlord
>>
>>7599250
This is what baby showers are for

What kind of selfish, narcissistic scumfucks would throw multiple pre-birth parties?

Don't know why I'm surprised. Breeding is inherently a selfish, narcissistic scumfuck act, but you'd think they'd try and lessen that as much as possible.
>>
>>7599362
>>7599325
>>7599295
>>7599276
its basically the baby shower, yes. i think the mom might do something with her female friends at some point, but he's off to the navy shortly so we're having the party now.

you guys gotta understand I live in a rural part of the country, in a town of about 8000. these people are my core group of friends, and while you might hear rural and think redneck bumpkins, we're just a bunch of young adults who work and drink together. they're good folk.

>>7599295
imagine hanging out with your friends, but this time there's food and you spend 10 minutes on some little cute activity that tells everyone what the babys sex is. I dont really get it either, I mean what do I say? Congrats, its a boy? Does that mean I wouldn't have said congratulations if was is a girl?
>>
>>7599479
To be accurate, you need to say either "congratulations on a boy who might one day decide she is really a girl," or "congratulations on a girl who will probably always identify as a girl."

Mini quiches are always a good finger food to bring to a party.
>>
>>7599500
why would i congratulate someone on their child potentially being mentally ill?
>>
Make pork shots!

Wind a slice of uncooked bacon around a slice of sausage to look like a shot glass and secure it with a toothpick. Fill the little cup with a mixture of cooked chorizo, pico de gallo, and cream cheese as a binder. Sprinkle with shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Shove a tray of those in the oven at 350 *F for about 15 minutes, and then cover the pleasantly browned cheese with foil and cook for another 5 to 10 depending on how big you made your shots.

These things show up at every cookout my friends throw, and they are wonderful.
>>
>>7599250
Hardtack
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.