[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ck/ feel about Whole Foods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Whole_Foods_Market_logo.svg.png (79 KB, 1280x952) Image search: [Google]
Whole_Foods_Market_logo.svg.png
79 KB, 1280x952
How does /ck/ feel about Whole Foods?
>>
Used to work there. Burn that over priced yuppie faggot place to the ground
>>
File: Screenshot_386.png (753 KB, 589x573) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_386.png
753 KB, 589x573
good but really fucking expensive also the one nearest to me is like 40 minutes
>>
I buy my stuff from Half foods.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 250x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 250x192
>>7598579
>>
>>7598577
did opossum died?
>>
>>7598570
I hate them. A few things are OK deals, but most of what's there is wildly overpriced for a supermarket. If I want to drop that kind of dough I'll go to a farmer's market or specialty shop and get better quality stuff for the same prices.

I'm also not too fond of the kind of people who shop there. The mix of awareness for social causes, self-centeredness and the propensity to carry yoga mats is more than I can bear. I don't ever need to be around the kind of person who buys organic tendies to feed little Noah, who is whining about how much he wants to go home.
>>
i go there when i need particularly fresh veg/fruits and for their meat and fish sections. literally everything else is overpriced "organic" bullshit. most often i'll go to get a ribeye steak, which is well worth it considering how much better it is than other places. most of the local butchers around here don't have as good of a steak as whole foods. baka...

their bakery food tastes great but do you really want to spend $15 on a bag of cookies?
>>
>>7598570
I go to Fairway instead
>>
>>7598570
Did you mean Whole Paycheck?
>>
>>7598654
dis nigga knows what's up
>>
I'm OK with it
>living in a gentrifying area
>local store sells rotten crap for cheap that the welfare people buy, and insanely expensive fresh stuff for people like me in a different part of the store
>$6 for a small package of sweet peppers
>$5 for a tiny bundle of dino kale
>$9 for Bob's red mill stuff that should be $5
Whole foods is a life saver, bulk farro for $3/lb and a larger thing of kale for $2.50
>>
>>7598692
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>7598709
My pecs are breddy gud but I bet your a homophobe
>>
>>7598570
It's the closest thing to me and I'm not going to buy everything from Giant.
>>
>>7598734
Show em anyway faggot
>>
>>7598750
Don't hit on me you thilly boyth
>>
expensive but they sell some neat stuff here and there
>>
>>7598570
I like going there when I'm traveling in burgerland and don't want to get shit-tier fast food or go to a sit-down restaurant.
>>
>>7598616
>I hate them. A few things are OK deals, but most of what's there is wildly overpriced for a supermarket. If I want to drop that kind of dough I'll go to a farmer's market or specialty shop and get better quality stuff for the same prices.

So fucking true.

Farmer's market are much better. Plus they have awesome baked goods as well. Fresh everything.

>I'm also not too fond of the kind of people who shop there
True as well.

Whole is foods has good products but too expensive. It's bullshit.
>>
>>7598570
Don't live near one, suburb is too conservative white
>>
One is being built near my house on a major roadway where traffic is already a clusterfck. Me == not happy.
>>
Where is this "overpriced" thing coming from?

If you compare it to Walmart, based solely on price, then yeah, it's pretty over priced.

Their meat is the only thing really over priced, but it's still 10x better in quality than anything you can buy at most grocery stores. I've had to leave Walmart and Sams without chicken and steak because it looks so shit and is nothing but fat.

Their produce is a great value considering that you'd have to find a farmers market to match it.

You don't have any niggers, spics, or homeless people walking around inside or outside the store either, which is an amazing perk

People complain about niggers and shitty Chinese processed food, but then they complain about the price of getting good shit.
>>
>>7598857
I don't mind paying more for better, but I'd rather just go to a farmer's market. Some things at WF are just insane. $7/lb for fucking ginger?! I get ginger for 89 cents a pound. $4 for a 2lb bag of onions? Are you fucking kidding me? Sure, a can of organic tomatoes and a pound of organic dried pasta for $1.50 each isn't bad at all. But I'm too busy being galled by the stuff that's outrageously overpriced for me to appreciate it.
>>
>>7598586
I'm going to assume so, yes.
>>
Trader Joe's is way better
>>
>>7598857
literally everything is overpriced if you compare it to a regular grocery store

It's not quality; I'm talking the exact same items cost like 20% more there.
>>
>>7598570
90% of people who shop at whole foods only go there to be seen shopping at whole foods.

the other 10% shop there to not have to shop with niggers.
>>
>>7598579
I only shop an quarter foods and sometimes one-eighth foods.
It's pretty oscure, you probably never heard of it.
>>
>>7598882
Farmers markets are WAY more expensive than whole foods. Plus they only have what's in season, good luck cosplaying as a Mayflower refugee in January
>>
File: 1449863781600.png (245 KB, 590x548) Image search: [Google]
1449863781600.png
245 KB, 590x548
>>7599079
wat
I can fill an expedition bag worth of vegetables at my local market for about 15 syrupdollars.
>>
>>7599079
I tend to eat what's in season. My diet totally changes depending on what time of the year it is. During the winter I eat winter veggies like cabbage, kale, and roots.
>>
>>7598570
Fuck that place. Can't get my cap'n crunch on.
>>
>>7599189
You never buy bananas, grapefruit, lemons, limes, or anything like that?

I think most people who claim to eat #100milediet are lying
>>
>>7599342
I would never claim to do the 100 mile diet. I live in the Northeast and drink coffee and use olive oil. But I definitely change which vegetables I buy from summer to winter. Summer veggies come straight from the farm, whatever is in season. In the winter I switch over to more root cellar veggies. Still buy Cali or Mexi garlic, though, because the Chinese stuff is crap.
>>
File: womansplaining_steiner.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
womansplaining_steiner.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>7599379
I like my expensive bundles of seasonal heirloom heritage vegetables hand-gathered by an upper middle class white girl who joined a new-age farming collective in Ghent, NY as much as the next yuppie, but let's be realistic here: the union square greenmarket is not a replacement for a grocery store.
>>
I work in a whole foods, seafood department, ask me anything

30% discount makes it worth shopping there, also how much i steal from my own department, considering I am the buyer
>>
>>7599439
1. How many of your "wild" fishies are actually farmed?
2. Why are all whole foods seafood counter guys jamaican?
>>
>>7598842
Fire your urban planners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1X5uVR5NxY
>>
>>7599445

1. zero, there is an unbelievable amount of paperwork I go through to legitimately audit the sources of all our fish. Of course, the girl who runs the sign shop doesnt know shit and makes incorrect signs a good portion of the time.

2. I dont know, I definitely see this a lot. it takes a certain kind of person to stand fish smell all the time. That said, I am very WASP male, working in philly area
>>
>>7599459
Well, since no one else is asking questions: what's the deal with branzino? It seems like it came out of nowhere in the last 15 years and "nice" places are shoving it down everyone's throats. Is it any good? I've avoided it because I assume it's tilapia for people who think they're too good for tilapia.
>>
>>7599466

I dont know, its been a popular italian thing forever. It falls under the category of "mild whitefish" like a million other things.

Its just easy to cook, makes a nice whole roasted fish plate, reasonably cheap, and the farms that raise them are usually more legit, any farm looking to crank out cheap garbage just raises tilapia.
>>
>>7599430
But my CSA from a farm run by a nice Mexican family in Goshen, NY pretty much is, during the summer.

And the Chinese and Mexican greengrocers in my neighborhood deliver much greater satisfaction at better prices than the local grocery stores, including WF.
>>
File: dumbfounded.gif (1014 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
dumbfounded.gif
1014 KB, 480x270
>>7598579
Please, half foods? Make me understand.
>>
>>7599430
That union square market has good stuff. And it's cheaper than that whole foods that's right there from what I've noticed.
>>
>>7598570
Like they can suck my big fat dick.
>>
their pepperoni pizza was greasy, beyond Sabbro levels
>>
>>7598586
Nah he walked it off
>>
>>7598570
It's the only grocery store near me that isn't a fucking corner store (all those are overpriced without the good parts) or a shithole for welfare recipients where everything's filthy and there are cops at the checkout.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.