[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion on Gordon Ramsay, /ck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: photo.jpg (192 KB, 1371x1367) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
192 KB, 1371x1367
What is your honest opinion on Gordon Ramsay, /ck?
>>
Aside from doing some stupid as fuck reality shows and being British, I have nothing but respect for the guy.
>>
I never met the guy.
>>
His reality shows give me epileptic seizures(Hell's Kitchen), but his YT channel is great, and he seems like a cool guy; despite some of his appearances on-screen.

Check out his AMA, for example.
https://www.reddit.com/r/iama/comments/334wcy/i_am_gordon_ramsay_ama

I love his stuff, and he actually motivated me to cook more.
>>
>>7596517
His shows used to be good. But got boring and fake. Hello kitchen for example is bullshit. Outbreak of date menu from the 80s that any decent cook can do, yet the retards the get on the show struggle with recipes that have been literally perfected and published thousands of times.
He's a good cook tho, and a hell of a chef.
>>
I think he's a fucking donkey!
>>
Hack. Fieri is better
>>
>>7596545
>hello kitchen
the first thing that came to mind is a hello kitty themed kitchen.
>>
>>7596575
Shitty predictive text.
>>
>>7596517
I like him. He's definitely passionate, and I like the British version of his TV shows a lot more. Maybe it's as time went on, or just creative editing for more "American" audiences, but he yells and screams a lot more in the American version. The Brit version seems like he genuinely cares about the restaurant and as long as you're not being a total fucking wanker he see's potential in people and genuinely tries to help them.
>>
>>7596621
American entertainment is all about watching the misfortune and fuck ups of others, it's a beautiful thing yet also repulsive
>>
>>7596626
I can't argue with that. I love watching me some Cops or Judge Judy once in a while. But that format of show (Kitchen Nightmares) just works so much better for me when it looks like he's actually trying to help, not that he's just some pissy consultant you have to put up with and he'll give you a free kitchen renovation for the trouble.
>>
>>7596517
he seems like a good cook i suppose.

his shows are annoying, and so is he when he's on them. the last time i tried watching one of his shows, the camera kept panning over the owners boobs as he was showing her how to make something. it's trashy television. i found a channel with jacques pepin on it, i like watching him more. it's a nice change of pace from ramsay's shows, and shows like chopped on food network.
>>
PAN

NICE AND HOT
>>
NOW DRIZZLE WITH A BIT OF OLIVE OIL
>>
>>7596747
continues to dump on half a litre of it
>>
>>7596517
i've only ever watched his brit series
and the one where he travelled to different countries

the yelling and dramatic music in the american stuff gave me a headache
>>
File: 1439416546656.jpg (30 KB, 167x221) Image search: [Google]
1439416546656.jpg
30 KB, 167x221
>>7596549
>Fieri is better
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.