[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people drink beer? It taste like piss, and in terms of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: hero.png (182 KB, 231x429) Image search: [Google]
hero.png
182 KB, 231x429
Why do people drink beer? It taste like piss, and in terms of getting drunk it's about ten times worse than just shooting down hard liquor.

I can get shitfaced on cheap vodka in about 5 minutes at a fraction of the price, while beer seems to take about 2 hours if not more of constant drinking to achieve the same effect.
>>
Because beer like wine is a social drink you fucking moron
>>
I drink some of my piss almost every day for the supposed health benefits and have never had a beer that tasted anything like piss.
>>
>>7595767
and what you gonna do about it pansyboy?
>>
File: 1461254024267.jpg (27 KB, 229x377) Image search: [Google]
1461254024267.jpg
27 KB, 229x377
>>7595787
>social drink
>>
>>7595787
Yea I second this. You spend all night drinking liquor like you'd drink beer and you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>7595811
Or a really good one
>>
>>7595818
he didn't say he was an undergrad or u24
>>
File: 1460960813720.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460960813720.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>drinking the yeast excrement jew
>>
>>7595841
How else can you get a buzz legally in America?
>>
Because sometimes I don't want to get shit faced, especially out in public. But having a buzz on is nice. Also I home brew and I find it fun to experiment. As well as that its my business as I'm a welder who builds brewing tanks, and when I supervise onsite installations at breweries I get complimentary beer so it's beneficial to my career to know a lot about beer.
>>
>>7595841
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1yzoiUIGGs
>>
File: 1451339849178.jpg (181 KB, 638x793) Image search: [Google]
1451339849178.jpg
181 KB, 638x793
>>7595857
>>
>>7595767
What are you, 15?
>>
One or two beers just goes down so good before dinner time.
>>
Beer for degenerates who have no life. Real men sit down for cigars and scotch once and a while.

It's a sign of something lacking in their life, they just go through the motions.
>>
File: 1443649845766.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1443649845766.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
>>7595917
annnnnnnnnd here we go
>>
>>7595917
>Real men sit down for cigars and scotch once and a while.
>Real men
>Real men
>Real men
Want to know how I know you're a cuck?
>>
>>7595767
I actually like Miller Lite. Don't get me wrong, there is better lite/light beer but it beats out a lot of garbage. If I have to drink a big name in beer my rule is to go with Budweiser for a full beer and Miller Lite for a lite/light beer. Ideally I can avoid both and drink something much better.
>>
File: 55.jpg (34 KB, 450x390) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
34 KB, 450x390
>>7595811
Slavs only drink wodka and squat and they seem fine
>>
>>7595811
Sure, if you drink it like beer. If you drink liquor like liquor you can do it socially without falling on your ass, though. One dram of whisky should take at least half an hour to finish consuming, as long as there isn't ice melting in it.

Some people do drink beer that way, too. Just sit in a pub cradling the same beer for an hour at a time.

But there's definitely a different tone to each style of session.
>>
File: 1448302418101.jpg (46 KB, 482x642) Image search: [Google]
1448302418101.jpg
46 KB, 482x642
>>
it's a different vibe. Different beers and liquors make you feel different. plus the aroma of beer and the overall sensation can be pleasant. I'm not much into liquor, I don't want something to hurt when i drink it
>>
>>7595937
I might be part slav since some of my family is polish, but i'm a chubby beer boy
>>
>>7595767
>he doesn't go out drinking with friends
Sorry bro
>>
>>7596172
us western slavs are a step above the others.

at least we tell ourselves this as we are being exterminated. makes the gas go down easier.
>>
Getting drunk off beer feels much better. It's a happier, giddier type of drunk that makes you want to dance and move around and whatever also, you ease into the drunkness. Getting drunk off hard liquor gets to too drunk too quick and its a not as fun a type of drunk as beer.
>>
>>7595767
>It taste like piss
Confirmed for never drinking a good beer.
>>
>>7595767
Lite "beer" is nothing but trash.
>>
I drink vodka and water. I do shots of vodka, then sip on water for a little bit. Another shot, more water. I personally think this is the healthiest way to drink, even if everyone else thinks it's a little weird. I also drink scotch and milk if I want a little more flavor. The milk mellows it out.
>>
>>7595767
Cheap vodka tastes worse than the shittiest beer
>>
I used to like drinking lots of beer to get drink but lately I like mixed drinks more. It gets you drunk faster and it tastes better. There's so many creative ideas you can do with drinks. A beer is just a beer.
>>
>>7597096
This
My buddy's parents got him a bottle of good polish vodka
Had 2 shots of it
Damn was it smooth, but that didn't stop it from tasting like ass
>>
>>7595767
>drinking beer for the alcohol
>generalizes beer to one flavor
I remember being underaged
>>
You're right to an extent, OP
Beer tastes motherfucking great...FOR A COUPLE OF BEERS. Chocolate cinnamon licorice double mint shandy ale orange twist...okay yes, I'll have one. ONLY ONE. Having six pumpkin ginger red ale spice cayenne power shock top wheat ale dark horse brews is not only disgusting, but ridiculous.

Harder beer is basically this: Natty Ice, Icehouse, or Bud Ice. THAT IS BEER. Hops and water, with a higher alcohol content. Doesn't taste like pine cones or cinnamon sticks. Yeah but Stella and...okay so I'm not trying to develop a monetary lifestyle based on beer (Stella, which should cost 9.99 for a 12 pack at THE MOST)...neeegro please, for a few bucks less, there are WAY better options...

Or else make mixed drinks....
>>
File: 58395702.gif (988 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
58395702.gif
988 KB, 400x263
>>7597291
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
Because hard liquor sucks.
It hurts your throat and just tastes sharp and aggressive.
No one would ever drink liquor just for the taste while the alcohol free beer industry is comparatively large.
>>
>>7598550
This is also why 90% of the people that drink hard liquor mix it with something to make the taste more bearable. Thw only fags that like uncut liqour are Fedora boys that think they are Don Draper or Archer.
>>
>>7598557
Or they live in the Vodka belt in Europe.
>>
Think about it this way, imagine you're having dinner, or at a party, or some other event where you're going to drink alcohol while you eat. You take a bite out of something that turns out to be much hotter/spicier than you'd expected, so you grab your drink to wash out the spice or cool down your mouth. Which would you rather have, a beer, or a glass of liquor?
>>
Honestly I love everything carbonated that I can drink in copious amounts. Do I want to hydrate myself? Carbonated water. Do I want to eat some junk food and get fat? Soda. Do I want to get drunk over a very long period of time? Beer.

And the cool thing is that you can drink shitloads of it. You can only drink so much carbonated water or soda but no one would bat an eye if you downed 8 beers in one sitting.
>>
When you want beer, you want a good beer. Its like pizza. Do you like deep dish or boardwalk, which and where from? Memes don't trump a nice hoppy beer paired with creamy caper lemon fish or a peppery steak with a nice red ale.

Don't drink American beers except Miller if you absolutely cannot just drink bottom shelf liquor instead.
>>
This is legit, the WORST beer thread I've ever seen on 4chan, and it's on fucking /ck/ of all places.
>>
Beer is food. Comparing beer to vodka is like comparing pizza to heroin.
>>
>>7597050
Are you me?
>>
>>7595767
If your goal is simply to get fucking tanked, then yeah cheap vodka/rum/whiskey/etc is your best bet.

If you want to actually enjoy the taste of what you're drinking, you'll spend the time finding a good beer or other drink that you would like.
>>
>>7595917
Real men do coke and slam whiskey. Idk what them fuck you're thinking of. Beer is okay if that's all you got time to get.
>>
File: drunk3.jpg (90 KB, 700x611) Image search: [Google]
drunk3.jpg
90 KB, 700x611
>>7600314
are you slav?

if so, here is the /pol/ answer; you are a dirty sub-human who enjoys the taste of human pain and suffering.

I am like only a third polish or some shit and even that little bit of slav compels me to do this.
>>
>>7595849
Dispensaries.
>>
>>7595767
>getting shitfaced
what are you, 12?
>>
>>7595767
Oh to be 16 again
>>
>>7600440
I'm 100% Polish and I can confirm this. Although I'm not much after physical pain/discomfort, I pretty much always choose the more difficult paths in life such as education. It's not easy being slav.
>>
There is a whole rainbow of beers with different flavors, densities, and alcohol levels OP. You havent even licked the tip of the beer iceberg in 2016 to just say "they all taste like piss"

and, no, if you're just "drinking to get tanked", THAT is when you're a degenerate.
>>
I thought it's illegal for 12-year-olds to be on 4chan? Or maybe OP is just a faggot manchild.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.