[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was fishing invented. was some guy like, yo I want to eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1431402789093.jpg (79 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
1431402789093.jpg
79 KB, 600x602
How was fishing invented. was some guy like, yo I want to eat one of those fucking things swimming around in that water over der. Nabs one and eats it not knowing if it will kill him or not. like wtf. Same for berries and vegetables, like was some faggot just wandering through the woods and was like ... shit I'ma put that in my mouth and see if I die or not.
>>
>>>/out/
>>
>>7594986
fishing was invented by bears
>>7594989
still working on your neet farm?
>>
>>7594986
if this was a stand up comedy bit, i would vomit.

saged
>>
File: fat20midget.jpg (22 KB, 379x364) Image search: [Google]
fat20midget.jpg
22 KB, 379x364
>>7594986
>be me
>paleolithic neck beard
>go to beach
>eat dead fish on shore
>tastesgood.jpg
>see more fishfags swimming in the water
>hit one with my club and eat it
>over time develop better ways of catching fishfags
>evolve into amerifat sitting on 50ft charter boat trawling for mahi mahi in the florida keys.
>>
>>7594986
That's how pretty much every edible thing in the world was discovered. Trial and error.
>>
>>7594986

hmm how bout all the animals walking around eating each other and plants on the ground?
>>
Keep in mind we were not just randomly dropped into the world as humans. We instinctively carried over the eating habits of our primate and other mammalian ancestors to begin with.

From there new and exotic foods would have been discovered over time by trial and error and watching other mammals eating as already mentioned.
>>
>>7594986
Spear fishing. Things moving in water, bears eat things, things must be good to eat. Better than bear. Stabbity.
>>
>>7594986
Or cow's milk...
>>
>>7594986

Apes teach their children what is good to eat and what is not.

Was the same with humans, who learn from an ancestral chain of knowledge that goes back who knows how far. Probably since before we actually 'human'. Those humans that entered new environments in the recent history learned by trial and error.

Those who chose to eat the poison berries didn't live to pass on their poor knowledge, those who correctly judged which were poisonous and which were good, lived on to reproduce and then teach their offspring the same.

I know that prehistoric man used thorns from plants to make fishhooks, probably worked out just by reasoning they could lure fish to bite on the hook with bait.
>>
>>7594986
cheese is the weird one for me
>>
Fishing makes sense. What I want to know is who the fuck found out about century eggs?
>>
Tumblr tier post. KYS
>>
>>7597544
http://phys.org/news/2009-08-years-central-europe.html

People kept cattle for meat. Collected milk because kill calf and cow is still producing. It ferments, cheese is fine.
>>
>>7597686
Apparently some chink 600 years ago found goose eggs caked in alkaline mud. After removing the mud, the eggs were brown and blue so he ate them
>>
Fishing wasn't invented in just one place at one time. It started all over the world. Ancient China for example used silk thread with wooden hooks baited with rice to catch fish, meanwhile in tropical regions spear fishing caught on.

Go read the book "hatchet" to see how a boy lost in the candian wilderness "discovers" fishing. It'll provide some insight.
>>
>>7598043
Is that the one where the two adults find and hang out with him and his wild animals without telling anyone that there's a child all alone in the woods
>>
>>7597993
this. fuck off.

>was some guy like
>yo
>over der
>like wtf
>shit I'ma

kill yourself OP
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.