[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When a recipe calls for "buffalo" sauce, what exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: aaaaa.jpg (948 KB, 2808x1872) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
948 KB, 2808x1872
When a recipe calls for "buffalo" sauce, what exactly does that mean?
>>
>>7593752
Tabasco and apple juice.
>>
>>7593752
vinegar and semen
>>
>>7593752
Cocaine and molesting female bartenders
>>
>melt 2 pounds of butter and emulsify it with 2 gallons of Frank's hot sauce

I've never actually made it at home, so you have to scale the recipe yourself, but that's basic buffalo sauce.
>>
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/19916/basic-easy-chicken-wings/
>>
>>7593770
>1 cup "hot sauce"

Well that clears things up.
>>
>>7593772

>needs someone to google a basic recipe for him

>is still not capable of googling, "what kind of hot sauce is in buffalo sauce", even though it's already been mentioned in the thread.
>>
>>7593772
Vinegar based hot sauce. Whatever is cheap and comes in more than cup is fine. Franks Red Hot is the standard but you can use anything you like.
>>
>>7593768
this. use whatever hot sauce you want anon but 'buffalo sauce' is franks and butter.
>>
means you'll need buffalo wings with a vinegar based hot sauce
>>
>>7593752
It means you need to re-evaluate your life choices that you're considering eating buffalo wings
>>
>>7593941
muh man, thats the only way to make buffalo sauce!
>>
File: g.jpg (309 KB, 1796x1148) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
309 KB, 1796x1148
I will try to find Franks. Thank you guys.

One more thing, do you have any opinions on blue cheese dip? Do you make your own? Do you just buy blue cheese dressing? Any favourite brands?

I've never had this stuff before. I'm excited to try it.
>>
>>7594007

I used to make a few gallons every week, but can't remember the recipe. I'm pretty sure it was just mayo, sour cream, cream, Gorgonzola, and black pepper. I might be off on an ingredient, but one of the dishwashers would always laugh when I made it, saying that Gorgonzola wasn't really blue cheese but the customers were too stupid to know better.

Fresh stuff is definitely better, but for home use a bottle would be fine. Just avoid any American products with HFCS. If you want homemade just google a recipe.
>>
>>7594007
Don't use Franks. Franks is what fucking morons use. It's 0% spicy. I'd say use Tabasco but that's really not all that flavorful. But don't use Franks.
>>
Frank's Red Hot, Butter, Flour, Corn Starch
>>
>>7594043
why not use Tabasco AND Frank's?
>>
>>7594080
because they have conflicting flavors. tabasco tastes like vinegar flavored pepper mash and frank's tastes like lightly pepper flavored vinegar.
>>
use gator hammock hot sauce.

if its not in stores near you, order it online
>>
>>7594007
If I'm cooking wings for a game or something I buy a bottle of ranch and a few ounces of blue cheese, split the ranch in half and add the blue cheese to one half. It works out okay and uses the whole bottle which is nice.
>>
>>7594090

that doesn't sound conflicting at all
>>
isn't buffalo butter, cayenne, and vinegar?
>>
>>7594602
butter and frank's, so yes
>>
>>7593752
Buffalo sauce is an old English item.
It's made with vinegar and fermented peppers bought back from the New World.. It's heated and mixed with butter to form a thick sauce. Usually it was added to chicken.
It was popular in the court of Queen Elizabeth I.
>>
>>7593752
milk and salty coins
>>
>>7593752
usually a tabasco pepper sauce that's heated up with butter to make it more american.
>>
>>7593957
Well that's some low-quality bait if I've ever seen it
>>
>>7594007
Store-bought is pretty acceptable in my opnion, especially if you can find it in a glass bottle. If you want to fancy it up, break some blue cheese chunks into the dressing or over the chicken. A premium dressing will naturally taste better, but the dressing usually takes a background to the flavor of the chicken sauce anyway.

Along with the customary carrot/celery (which are good but not great imo), I highly recommend serving with a fluffy, buttery roll or two as well.
>>
File: G. I. Joe.jpg (57 KB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
G. I. Joe.jpg
57 KB, 480x384
>>7594636
AND NOW WE KNOW!
>>
>>7594602
>buffalo butter
>>
>>7594743
This.
I like the Marzetti Ultimate Blue Cheese.
>>
>>7594636
It was invented in Buffalo, New York you swine.
>>
>>7594793
Dream on, Son.
>>
frank's make a decent one.. i made vegan buffalo wings once with cauliflower.. was pretty good
>>
>>7594043

OP wants to make Buffalo sauce and you're telling him not to use the main ingredient?

Trolls be trollin'.
>>
>>7593778
>thinking the posters on /ck/ are capable of independent thought

/ck/ is probably the most blue pilled stay at home moms i have ever seen here

its like I am reading facebook posts most of the time
>>
>>7594899

OP is obviously not from /ck/, though.
>>
>>7594899
>its like I am reading facebook posts most of the time

I can almost guarantee that most posts here are ripped fresh from these scrubs goybook page.
>>
>>7593768
This. If you even get the Frank's Buffalo variant it's already got a mild buttery flavor added.

But the term buffalo is really broad. I call my wings Buffalo even though it's Franks with butter and black pepper, Cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and processed jalapeno. Where exactly does the line between "buffalo" and "hot" occur?
>>
>>7593752
I always thought it was a stick of butter and some hot sauce. Maybe add a little blue cheese.
>>
>>7595191

My understanding is that the original "Buffalo Wings" were made with a mix of Frank's and butter. That's the standard seasoning.

"Hot Wings" is synonymous.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.