[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegetaarian/Vegan/Pescetarian Recipe Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1390421371071.png (88 KB, 680x486) Image search: [Google]
1390421371071.png
88 KB, 680x486
Hello co/ck/s,

First time-poster here. I have somehow wrangled my sweaty, spaghetti-covered hands into a picnic date with a chick who eats veggies, fish, dairy, and eggs exclusively, making her some kind of -arian/fake vegan/whatever

Anyway, as any a God-fearing Amerilard could relate, I have found it hard to build a picnicking menu that would consist of anything other than fried chicken, chitluns, and hamburgers

Initially, I didn't think this would be that hard, but almost all of the search results returned for "vegetarian picnic" seem flavorless, boring, or not easily carried in a picnic basket--with the exception of some salads and dips. Looking to you for advice because I have no friends and no one I know uses "veg" for their preferred gender pronoun

Thanks in advance for your help, we're all gonna make it etc

Also, vegetarian/vegan/what have you recipes general?
>>
>>7592914

pescetarian is an easy (and sensible) diet

have a sushi picnic or involve lots of smoked salmon or something
>>
>>7592914
Instead of burgers, make tuna salad sandwiches. Or crabcakes with some kind of remoulade.

Devilled eggs if you like that sort of thing. Potato salad with eggs. Egg salad sandwiches.

Hummus dip for veggies and flatbread of choice. Or guacamole, or eggplant, or seven layer dip.

Fried "chicken" with breaded tofu, or seitan.
>>
>>7592924
Ooh bby. I like the sound of that.

Would it be sensible to just pick up some sushi? I have no experience cooking/preparing it.

>>7592928
And I really like your ideas too! Gosh you guys are great I should come to this board more
>>
>>7592945
>homemade sushi on a first date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S27MtkSZHdM
>>
>>7592914
Fish n chips m8
>>
>>7592950
kek I'll be sure to keep a tupperware container of spaghetti at the ready in my cargo shorts side pocket

>>7592960
How would one make that picnic friendly though? I feel like the fish would get really soggy idk I like fish n chips right out of the fryer? Enlighten me and free me of my plebeian way of thinking
>>
>>7592914
Sigh.....I hate to promote this gay ass foodgawker tier shit, but it's perfect for what you're looking for.
Look up Buddha Bowls (also called Hippie Bowls or Glory Bowls). It's actually a great concept, but with the gayest names possible. Basically, you make big ass bowls of food, usually people use rice as the base, but you could use something like baked sweet potato slices instead. Then you cover it with steamed vegetables and/or fresh vegetables, cooked fish, boiled eggs, tofu, avocado, fruits, etc..(you get the idea) and then top it with some kind of dressing. I make these all the time, because they're easy and I can prep the ingredients ahead of time. For example, last time I made some, I used whole grain jasmine rice, baked purple sweet potato, baked tofu sticks, cabbage, spinach, carrots, jicama, radishes, mint, cilantro, and topped it with a leftover grilled salmon fillet and some miso dressing. And the best part is that it's just as good cold.
Anyway, just google that shit, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>7592989
Actually looks pretty fuckin bitchin m8. Thanks!

I'd like to do that as the main thing, then work some hummus/guac/chips, egg salad or potato salad with eggs, cheese & olives, fresh berries/melon, and chocolate or something for dessert.

I assume I should make one for each of us? That way there's room for sharing stuff but we also both get to be fat on our own little personal misery bowl?
>>
>>7593023
> That way there's room for sharing stuff but we also both get to be fat on our own little personal misery bowl?

LOL, yeah, definitely. Do one bowl for each of you, and then do a cheese plate with fruit, and some hummus with olives and pita chips, and just bring a bar of really good chocolate or something like that for after.
>>
>>7592987
Well its simple mate, you just bring your self up a dutch oven set up an ole campy flamey ringa. Throw the dutch on it, fill her with a few litres of mums ole lard, then fry her right up on the pic
>>
>>7592945

sushi is actually fairly easy as long as you make regular ol rolls with the ingredients all inside the seaweed

but sure you could buy it, who the fuck cares. At least she'll know you arent in crushing poverty if you're bringing 40 dollars of sushi to a picnic
>>
>>7593041
That sounds fucking great I'm stoked ily

>>7593044
>campy flamey ringa
jfc hahahahah

>>7593046
I'm gonna have to try to get good at making that shit like how fucking sexy would that be to be able to make sushi for a bitch

That's a good point though. I don't eat the stuff myself unless I'm in NYC. What are some good signs of quality? Just go by Yelp reviews and shit or what?
>>
>>7592914
Just avoid her mate red flags everywhere.
>>
>>7593066
>I'm stoked

Good! And good luck to you, I think she'll appreciate your efforts.
>>
I like hummus.
>>
File: 1406704766437.gif (806 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1406704766437.gif
806 KB, 320x180
>>7593070
Well, she's going on a date with my pathetic ass, so the red flags are a given.

>>7593074
Th-thanks bro. I think I might manage to not fuck this up. I'm having her get the wine, which I think is fair as a way to judge her taste and also because I shouldn't pay for everything right? Current year etc?

>>7593080
Are you a vegan babe? This is pertinent.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.