[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you drink alcohol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10
File: alcohol-glass.jpg (94 KB, 864x648) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-glass.jpg
94 KB, 864x648
>>
Too often
>>
>>7587481
Whenever I cook with it.
>>
really craving
>>
All day, everyday.

I wake up and my body screams, "it hurts! give us a break!" And then after an hour it gets really annoying so I start drinking again. Still get anxious and shaky after being sufficiently intoxicated if I don't pop some pills.
>>
>>7587481
Like 5 or six days out of the week on a bad week. usually Mondays I'll have a few. Thursday's Fridays and then Saturday I'll usually over indulge.
Average like 10-12 drinks a week
>>
Used to get shitfaced every single night, but now I've got it down tog getting shitfaced on saturday nights and maybe having a drink or two on monday or friday.
>>
I don't drink. I focus on cooking tasty food instead. It's also a huge waste of money.
>>
Used to drink like every other day to get a little buzzed but I quickly saw how it creeped up and stopped. Now it's like every other weekend maybe
>>
Twice a month. This amount feels more frequent than ever. I am lonely and others wonder if I am off to a downward spiral. Drinking feels so good but it is the only drug I have.
>>
Before I got my degree and an actual job, I drank nearly every day. I can't do that now, especially working 12 hour shifts. So now I drink only when I have three days off in a row, which is every other week.
>>
I don't. I tried various kinds of alcoholic beverages in the past and it was all bad. So I eventually just stopped trying things and now I'm that weird guy who refuses alcohol.
>>
>>7587481
I have a drink on weekends if I feel like it. Even then only one or two.
>>
Too often, probably. I'm Austrian, we're being brought up with beer.
>>
Two drinks a week, no more. I'm deathly afraid of alcoholism. Shit killed my uncle.
>>
I get drunk about three times a week
>>
>>7587481

1-2 a week and try not to go overboard (like 6 beers tops)

after a certain age (later 20s?) it just gets kinda sad to get obliterated regularly and your body just won't rebound the same way.

i mean maybe if you had a ton of money getting drunk every day and trying to stick your dick in 20 year old girls would be cool but i don't think that applies to many people on /ck/. mostly just depressed/angry line cooks making $11/hr and getting rejected by waitresses that have 3 mixed kids.
>>
>afternoon off work and bored as fudge
>sink a few tinnies
>no longer bored
Every
Fucking
Time
>>
>>7587481
a bottle of hard liquor twice a week
>>
I don't always drink

But when I do

I get pretty drunk.

Like 15 beer for a weekend if I'm doing something
>>
Every night. Usually have one cocktail with about 3 oz of vodka in it.

So two standard drinks per day on average
>>
Everyday
>>
Twice a year

A glass of bubbly to break in the new years

again at some random point in the year where it would be impolite to say no and I can't avoid it like a friendly get together in the middle of summer
>>
yeah usually just a drink at night after dinner
>>
Everyday.

Usually hard liquor like gin or vodka.

5-13 drinks a night on average.
>>
>>7588171
>5-13 drinks a night on average.
That's more of a range than an average.
>>
I want to start drinking, but I'm so self-conscious about actually walking into my local wine and spirit stores. And I have no idea why.
>>
>>7588143
Check out the straight edge faggot
>>
Just turned 21 last week so still trying stuff out whenever I get the time. Any recommendations on some good stuff?
>>
File: 78188491_o.jpg (88 KB, 400x610) Image search: [Google]
78188491_o.jpg
88 KB, 400x610
>>7587481
2 (~3) glasses of wine with each lunch or dinner.
3 (~4) special beers on friday night w/ many appetizers, no dinner.
1 (~2) aperitives before saturdays dinner.
Occasionally 1 (~2) (~3) dram(s) of Whisky (ies) or Grappa
>>
I'll have a couple gin and tonics, or 3-5 beers, maybe once a week.

When I drink, I struggle just having 1. My ideal spot is that place right in between tipsy and legit drunk. I tend to stop after that.
>>
few nights a week

would be nightly if i didn't need 7-8 hours of sleep to function and booze makes me wake up after like 3 hrs
>>
I usually have 10-12 beers every evening
>>
>>7588946
sounds healthy
>>
>>7589047
It's a healthy amount of beer but probably not too good for my body
>>
>>7587481

I have a beer after I get home from work maybe three times a week.

I usually only socially drink, and even then I don't get full-blown drunk ever.
>>
>>7588549

Beer, wine, or harder liquor? I can give you recs for the first two, but I don't typically drink anything other than a glass of wine or a bottle of beer.
>>
>>7587481
4-5 nights a week, usually 3-4 drinks
>>
>>7588549
Do you want to enjoy your drink or are you asking how to get fucking shitfaced without wanting to vomit?
>>
Every day. 6 on average on a workday and significantly more on my days off.
I work a very early morning shift and again in the afternoon and I have a couple of beers in-between to chill out, the rest in the evening. Way I see it if I'm getting up at 4am I can do whatever I goddamn want.
And yeah I'm aware this can't go on infinitely.
>>
Woah, you guys are junkies! I feel bad for myself when i drink three times in a week. Usually i drink 3-4 beers or a bottle of wine on saturdays and a couple on sundays. Sometimes after work i drink on fridays or thursdays with some guys from the office 4-5 beers tops. When i drink with them, i seldom drink on weekends
>>
Way too often, but the growing self-loathing is starting to get quite hard to ignore, so I really have to do something about this.

I don't think I have been completely without a drink for whole week as long as I can remember, do the cravings subside after a couple of weeks?
>>
>>7587481
Do you have any idea where you are?
>>
File: andywarhol-blood for dracula.jpg (19 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
andywarhol-blood for dracula.jpg
19 KB, 240x240
>>7587975
>after a certain age (later 20s?)

What are you , 22?
>>
About 2 bottles of red wine a week, at 2 glasses a night. Bottom shelf stuff, 4 bucks a bottle.
>>
I used to be a hardcore alcohol so I never went more than 6 hours without a drink unless I was asleep or I'd start to get ill mentally and then physically.
>>
>>7587481
Currently about twice a week
>>
>>7589763
Find out the real reason why you drink. It usually goes deeper than "i'm bored, i need to relax". While you work on that, substitute with something healthy/less harmful. And yes, cravings gets less. Try sitting them out for 30 minutes, see what happens.
>>
Just a little on weekends now, used to have 1-2 every night and a lot more on the weekends but I noticed after a while I was getting run down and overweight.

Ive been working out hard for the last two years and got pretty fit and now my tolerance has dropped dramatically and I also feel the after effects a lot worse.
Its like a set a new normal by getting healthy and I really feel it now if I change something.

Dont miss getting drunk, I prefer feeling great every day rather than OK every day.
>>
Lately it's been almost every day, so I try not to buy more for at least a week or two once I finish up the bottle.
>>
In college I used to drink every day, study drunk, take tests drunk, etc and had good grades. Now I can't get drunk without being incapacitated the next day. I still drink 3-4 times a week but only if its a weekend or I don't have to work the next day
>>
>>7587481
three times a week, monday wednesday friday. sometimes I have plays though, so I'll switch one of the days with saturday or sunday. Once in a great while I'll do it four times a week but I feel bloated and gross.
You guys need help though.
>>
I start drinking around 1 every afternoon usually wake up around 7 so I can sober up by noon
>>
I'd say atleast once a week, on my days off. Sometimes twice a week
>>
>>7587481
Every single day.
>>
Every day but not to the point of drunkenness. Sometimes I'll stop for a week or two without noticing it and then remember how good beer tastes.
>>
>>7588018
>sink a few tinnies
I get this far then the boredom creeps back cause I can't be fucked doing anything
>>
File: 1452917791102.jpg (464 KB, 676x958) Image search: [Google]
1452917791102.jpg
464 KB, 676x958
>>7593236
fuck it alc thread
Why cant i stop embarrassing myself?

I just love to blackout. Its fun, I have fun, it seems fun for others.

I know its not but shit
scoo sharks
>>
>>7593244
Don't be an alkie. Shit is boring. If shit is boring when you're sober there's no point to it drunk either.
>>
File: 1453172996928.jpg (249 KB, 600x690) Image search: [Google]
1453172996928.jpg
249 KB, 600x690
>>7593251
are you one?
its pretty hard to stop after I start. Thats really the issue

maybe i need to make some changes
>>
used to drink all day, every day but then it became a problem so i quit for 3 months, not knowing if i'd start up again

i did, under the conditions that i would not drink at home or drink alone. it's worked out pretty well, moderation is nice.
>>
>>7593262

i recommend having whomever you're with cut you off after [x] amount of drinks. that number should be based on the level of inebriation you want to achieve (and probably shouldn't be blackout just saying).

trust me, it's not fun for other people.

i used to drink way WAY too often (like from the time i woke up, into work, until the time i went to sleep too often), but i never understood the appeal of blacking out.
>>
Usually have a beer in the evening.
>>
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 1707x1588) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 1707x1588
>>7593244
>>7593262
Go back to /hoc/
>>
File: 1452917635878.png (1 MB, 512x720) Image search: [Google]
1452917635878.png
1 MB, 512x720
>>7593277
yah ill try that with other people. Have to figure out when im by myself tho

>>7593280
>implying im not already there
>>
>>7593291
I do like the Shark girls though. Keep posting bud.
>>
I don't drink in any capacity and I don't see the appeal. I am 27 and have already graduated college in case you were wondering.
>>
>>7593291

don't drink by yourself. if you want to make changes, that has to be another condition, especially since you're prone to binge drinking.
>>
>>7593280
Hello pekka, were you in the cats gamethread?
I'm also drunk right now because I get drunk every day
>>
>>7593318
I'm not even Finnish. I just love that image.
>>
>>7593335
Well fuck, time to finnish (HAH) of the booze and go to bed
>>
>>7593340
Kek. What are you drinking?
>>
File: 1457071636043.png (623 KB, 475x515) Image search: [Google]
1457071636043.png
623 KB, 475x515
>>7593309
yah, i know youre right. i suppose its past time for that change

>>7593302
seeing as we are leading the kongs
>>
>>7593345
Tall boys of bud while watching the beaner bowl
>>
>>7593355
SJ is mostly asian
>>
>>7593346

i trust that you can do it, man. do you have any hobbies, a passion or something? for me, finding things i never knew i loved to do helped in relieving both the excess-time boredom and the existential boredom that compelled me to abuse alc.
>>
File: 1444534817542.png (345 KB, 548x553) Image search: [Google]
1444534817542.png
345 KB, 548x553
>>7593358
I really don't give a fuck 2bh, I'm a habs fan, so you can imagine how much I've been drinking
>>
File: 1461211129043.png (290 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
1461211129043.png
290 KB, 580x282
>>7593360
thx bud it actually means something to hear that.
I used to play competitive golf but thats not exactly easy at night.

>>7593363
yah ok. At least you can live vicariously :)
>>
>>7587481
Atleast six pack a day (6×pint of 5,2%) and 1-2 bottles (0,5 liters) of 40% something on weekends on top of that beer. Avarge cost is 200 € a month (earn about 900€). I'm an alcohol.
>>
>>7587481
you missed the alcoholic thread last week
>>
A better question is when don't I drink.

Protip: It's when I pass out.
>>
One or two beers every day when I come back from work and browse internet or check my data.

I usually drink scotch or gin&tonic on weekends but only for taste.

I don't drink to get shitfaced anymore.
>>
>>7593747
I've 'gone' to sleep that way for 5+ years now. Can't even imagine going to sleep sober. Like turn off the tv, go to bedroom and fall asleep.
>>
A bottle of wine every night.

My sister is an alcoholic, but I don't give a fuck about myself enough to let that stop me.
>>
Every saturday and sunday I get somewhere between buzzed and rather drunk and play videogames or watch anime with my friends.

t. college student
>>
>>7587525
anxious and shaky? while drunk?
>>
Probably 3 or 4 nights a week, 2 or 3 drinks. I have cut way back in the past 6 months, mostly drink gin and water or whiskey and water now cause I'm trying to get /fit/

For a while I would drink a whole 6 pack or more, 5 or more nights a week. gained like 10 lbs.

Recovering skinny fat here AMA.
>>
>>7588946
same desu. been trying to cut down though
>>
I get drunk once or twice a week. Been trying to cut it down to once a week and only liquor. I can't put beer away like I used to and not gain weight. Shit sucks because I love beer.
>>
>>7587481
every day

usually about two or three glasses of red wine.
>>
>>7587556
don't drink and math
>>
>>7587481
Every day, in low quantities.
At least one beer a day, at most 3.
>>
>>7592433
>study drunk, take tests drunk, etc and had good grades
how do you even manage this
>>
>>7589072
not him but I'm also 21 and want to know how to get fucking shitfaced and not vomit.

I normally just drink beer because I got destroyed by dark liquor when I was 17 and developed taste aversion
>>
one can of beer a day. trying to cut it down to 5 or 6 days a week. I wish I could do a month without any.
>>
>>7587481
Since I'm 12 very often but always in small quantties.
I started drinking a bit more when I was 16 but still in very small quantities unless it's the week end.
I still never get shitfaced because Im used to drink little. Usually I share a bottle of wine or three cans of beer with my four flatmates every day.
>>
every friday and saturday evening until i black out
>>
>>7594240
>Usually I share a bottle of wine or three cans of beer with my four flatmates every day.
You might as well not drink.
>>
>>7594384
It's a habit.
And I drink normally on week ends.
It's a social and culinary experiance to drink during dinner. I'm happy to engage in it without being an alcoholic.
>>
>>7594399
>during dinner
Ah, of course. I only rarely drink alcohol with my meals so it didn't occur to me, but that makes perfect sense. Sounds like a healthy habit too.
>>
>>7594428
Might not be the healthiest habit but it's a healthier relationship with alcohol then most have in North America
>>
>>7594437
I wasn't being sarcastic, being able to limit yourself and still enjoy it seems like a good way to drink. I often go way overboard with it myself and I know that's not healthy at all.
>>
>>7594453
that post >>7594428 wasn't me
>>
Use to be everyday, then I became a father and got a job. So just on my days off
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.