[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people on Cuba eat/drink?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (382 KB, 7087x2953) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
382 KB, 7087x2953
What do people on Cuba eat/drink?
>>
>>7587090
cuba libres
>>
Lots of beans, lots of rice. The food tends to be pretty mellow, almost bland.
>>
>>7587090
Rice, beans, plantains. Little green veggies, lots of fruits. Most animal protein is pork, chicken and fish, but still scarce.
>>
File: slum near Havana.png (892 KB, 1116x629) Image search: [Google]
slum near Havana.png
892 KB, 1116x629
Lots of rice, beans, sausages, fried plantains and that sort of thing. Fried chicken also seemed pretty popular in Havana, loads of stands with natives queued up at them.
>>
>>7587090
According to Conans Cuba segments, boxed rum.

And I can dig that.
>>
eat: Cuban sandwiches

drink: Cuba Libres

man, I crushed that one
>>
As a base seasoning, Cuban cuisine consists of garlic, cumin, onion, green peppers, oregano and bay leaves fried in lard. Due to meat rationing, meat is used sparingly and when it is it will be usually used as a sort of seasoning, added to beans and whatever local vegetables are in season.
If your feeling pricey, you might go for a sandwich or a meat tamale, sandwiches are usually pork/ham, with some type of mustard or pickle.
Most basic dishes involve slow stewing black or kidney beans and yellow or long grain rice with sofrito.
>>
Apparently it's not ok to talk about the reasons why a country's food is the way it is

No, you dumb mod. Cuban food is still shitty and the Cuban diet is shit, no matter how many sandwiches you ate in Miami. If you want to read into that and get butthurt over it, that's your own baggage.
>>
>>7587090

Their drinks are top notch but the cuisine was the shittiest I've ever had and I've been around. Would go back, though. Beautiful place and very nice people. They can't cook for shit though.
>>
>>7588608
also

smoke: cuban cigars
>>
>>7590879
inb4 banned for having wrong opinions
>>
Apparently there used to be a relatively significant Chinese contingent, cooking a blended chino-cubano cuisine which sounds awesome, but I think it's dying out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.