[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your favorite addins for risotto? Standard risotto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
What are your favorite addins for risotto?

Standard risotto is a short grain rice, some sort of stock to hydrate it, and a finish of butter, mascarpone and parmesan--all three or of your choosing. The end result is a delicious and creamy rice dish, but leaves room for many possible addins to change the base construct.

List 'em!
>>
File: a.jpg (826 KB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
826 KB, 3456x2304
>>7586494
Onions and mushrooms is my favourite risotto. No cheese though.
>>
>>7586494
Asparagus
>>
Pork chops and Apple Jacks
>>
>>7586543

Make veal stock risotto finished with a bit of pineapple mint. Grind apple jacks and cut with bread crumbs, use it to crust a thinly sliced pork loin cutlet. Shallow fry cutlet and lay over risotto, finish with a dollop of apple butter and creme fraiche. wa la!
>>
>>7586494
My favorite is:
-Arborio rice
-Duck stock
-parmigiano-reggiano
-finish with butter

I also tried making a "hot wing risotto" after seeing it attempted on an Iron Chef program. I used Arborio rice, dark chicken stock, Gorgonzola & hot sauce It was surprisingly good too.
>>
My favorites are sweet corn risotto, and crab risotto, using stock made from each, respectively.
>>
mushrooms
>>
Mushrooms, caramelized onions, rotisserie chicken.
>>
>>7586494
Sausage.
Zucchini.
Chicken stock.
Parm.
Finish with parsley and diced tomato.
>>
Mushroom and basil with bleu cheese
>>
File: 1455865682128.jpg (81 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1455865682128.jpg
81 KB, 720x1280
Mushroom risotto with Crispy chicken thighs or fuck off desu senpai.
Make it every week
>>
>>7586494
scallops or butternut squash
>>
File: IMG_1279.jpg (111 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1279.jpg
111 KB, 1280x960
squash risotto is always GOAT
>>
File: 1402982944017.jpg (161 KB, 558x529) Image search: [Google]
1402982944017.jpg
161 KB, 558x529
>>7586494
>buy in shell shrimp
>deshell shrimp and cook with the shells thrown in the pot with shallots
>cook rice in fish stock made from shrimp
>finish rice with butter and fresh grated parm
>put cooked shrimp and shallots in the risotto
>Contain your orgasm
>>
SHRAMPS
The small, really fragrant kind.
>>
>>7586494
Crab meat. Crab stock. Crab fat. Crab everything.
>>
>>7586494
mushrooms, chestnut and porcini. chicken stock, fresh garden peas.
>>
Blueberry and mushroom risotto, built with veal/beef stock, and garnished with fresh thyme.

Berries and mushrooms play very well together in risotto, and it usually gives people a pleasant surprise when you serve it to them.
>>
>>7586494

Definetly Jerusalem artichokes(Sunchoke)
and any risotto topped with dried mushroom or sweet potato flakes,
>>
File: farage.png (634 KB, 960x859) Image search: [Google]
farage.png
634 KB, 960x859
>>7587611
>makes risotto with arborio
>'finish' with butter

fucking hell.
>>
>>7591700

>makes post denouncing another post
>doesn't explain why and leaves it ambiguous
>>
>>7586494
Roasted pumpkin

Ultimate comfort food
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.