[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I plan to buy panini sandwich maker Pic related - Russell Hobbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: q6yggxm7muzs7azcr8ev.jpg (28 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
q6yggxm7muzs7azcr8ev.jpg
28 KB, 450x450
I plan to buy panini sandwich maker
Pic related - Russell Hobbs Paninigrill 17888-56
Anyone used it or would recommend something better?
I'll mostly use it to make sandwiches so I think it should be enough
I used smaller sandwich maker to make toasts but I found it too small to make enough food in short time period and I can't use some better kind of bread in it.
>>
Focaccia and ciabatta are the best to make panini.
I wonder if wholegrain bread could be used as well
>>
Hmmm. I may buy one today now Anon
>>
>>7583901
Flat surfaces are best, OP. That one's got ridges.

Also, fuck paninis. Just use regular bread and don't be a pretentious fuck.
>>
>>7584413
best grills are those where you can change the plates, easier to clean too.
>>
>>7584413
>paninis
>pretentious
When you're talking about an item that's found it's way on to chain restaurant menus I don't think it can be considered pretentious anymore. Unless you're so poor that Panera Bread seems pretentious to you.

>>7583901
Ask yourself this question: do you really need an excuse to eat more bread and cheese? Because if you buy one of these things that's what you'll be doing.
>>
>>7584454
>do you really need an excuse to eat more bread and cheese? Because if you buy one of these things that's what you'll be doing.

It depends
It would probably result in eating more everything what goes in sandwich. I'm mostly using everything equally when I'm making sandwich so I would end up eating more than normally for breakfast. I could eventually portion that food for more regular meals. I don't eat a lot so more of cheese and bread shouldn't make much difference.
I was also thinking about using wholegrain bread to make it more healthy.

>>7584413
>Flat surfaces are best

Could you tell more about it?
Any recommendations of other models?

>>7584430
I'm mostly using paper towel to clean plates like this but I guess that's not the best idea.
>>
>>7584714
I would not bother to even try to make panini healthy. The fatty, salty crunchiness combined with the gooey cheese is what makes them delicious (and pair so well with a glass of wine). If you want something healthy have a bowl of oatmeal. If you want a delicious, slightly indulgent snack to take the place of a meal have a panini sandwich. Cheese and cured meat are fucking amazing, especially in a warm sandwich of pressed, good quality white bread. Do it right or don't bother.

I just wouldn't recommend doing it too often, because panini are a perfect food for fattening you up, while giving you a decent blast of salt in the process. I got rid of my panini press because far too many meals ended up being built around cheese, cured meat and white bread, and that shit was part of what was making me fat. Also my budget for fancy cheeses was starting to get ridiculous.
>>
I got one just like that.

It's shit in my opinion and I tried to make it work. You can never get the sandwiches warm inside no matter how much you try, you can never make the bread crispy, you cannot char anything.

It's just a shit piece of equipment.
>>
Unitool thread?

Just use a pan to grill each side.
>>
>>7584714
>Could you tell more about it?
Any sort of ridged surface creates burned patches and strips, and risks severing chunks of the sandwich. You also end up with bits of superheated molten cheese sealed in amongst cold untouched bread.

I use a Breville panini press that I got ages ago. Flat plates, non-stick surface, simple design. It's fairly easy to use, wipes clean with a damp cloth after it's dry. Doesn't seal the edges or have any sealing whatsoever, so it not only tells you when it's done by the sound of sizzling cheese leakage, but it cooks evenly.

It's literally the best thing ever if you like melted cheese on toasted bread, but don't want to eat pizza all the time.

>>7584884
> Unitool
In so far as it heats shit up and squashes it, I guess.
>>
>>7584884
This.

I never understood the point of these thing for home use. Just cook your sandwich on a frying pan or skillet. Then flip and cook the 2nd side. If you want it squished then press on it with your spatula. Easy. And it's also often faster than the panini press because your rangetop has a lot more power output compared to a tabletop appliance that plugs into a normal wall socket.

The only time these make sense, IMHO, is for a restaurant that needs high volume and high speed.
>>
>>7585139
Grilling a sandwich on a grill is a pain in the ass and takes forever, and has to be micromanaged the whole time.

A sandwich press is basically switch on and wander off, without risking overheating oil by frying bread as well.
>>
use a george foreman, panini presses blow. I had one which was made for that and it just runs at such a low temperature and takes forever
the grills work better for this purpose, makes things nice and flat and melty in no time
>>
>>7585248

Who said anything about a grill? We're talking about a plain 'ol frying pan.
>>
>>7583901
Just use an iron
>>
>>7585248
>overheating oil
YDIW
Dry pan, sammich in, plate on top for press.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.