[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a kid we always left the butter out on the counter, but as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: butter.jpg (13 KB, 273x184) Image search: [Google]
butter.jpg
13 KB, 273x184
As a kid we always left the butter out on the counter, but as years went by and I moved out on my own, I started keeping butter in the fridge.

Lately after reading /ck/, etc. I started leaving butter out on the counter but I'm getting butter flies. Never remember them in the kitchen when I was young, but I got them now.

Anyway to keep the butter flies away from the butter? Doesn't sound healthy to see them things flying around and alighting on the butter.
>>
>>7580658

Get a butter holder. They sell them at Walmart and everywhere else. It's just a little glass case the size of a stick of butter. My wife was doing what you are and I bitched about bugs on my butter so she bought one. Under $10 I think. Problem solved.
>>
>>7580658
>nyway to keep the butter flies away from the butter?

Assuming this isn't some kind of bullshit trolling about lepidoptera, cover it.

Also, what you're describing are likely fruit flies. The real source of those is probably somewhere else in the kitchen and they just happen to be hanging around the butter also.
>>
File: 99.jpg (18 KB, 321x256) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
18 KB, 321x256
>>7580658
butter dish op
get one
>>
>>7580658
is this butterbellanon ?
>>
File: Fesoj_-_Papilio_machaon_(by)[1].jpg (551 KB, 931x931) Image search: [Google]
Fesoj_-_Papilio_machaon_(by)[1].jpg
551 KB, 931x931
Dude that sounds awesome
>>
>>7580658
>I started leaving butter out on the counter but I'm getting butter flies.
I don't see the problem.
>>
>butterflies
>lol

I also had to look up the word "alighting".
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x238
Get your fucking butter bell on
>>
that would be hilarious if butter actually attracted butterflies
>>
File: butterfly.jpg (252 KB, 1240x886) Image search: [Google]
butterfly.jpg
252 KB, 1240x886
>>7580802

wouldn't it be ironic?
>>
Related thread, any tips on making whipper butter? I used about 2 tablespoons of butter and maybe a splash of milk, but the butter isbt absorbing the milk.
>>
>>7580840
no, it would be coincidental. It would be ironic i margarine attracted butterflies but butter didnt.
>>
>>7580842
Don't add milk, just oil
>>
>>7580867

How muvh? For every tablespoon of butter how muvh oil?
>>
>>7580658
>butter flies
>>
>>7580721
I miss ButterBell.
I wonder if he is still getting cucked by that vegan chick.
>>
File: 1458419482480.jpg (233 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1458419482480.jpg
233 KB, 560x560
>butter flies
>>
File: depressed eggs.jpg (120 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
depressed eggs.jpg
120 KB, 720x540
>>7581117
I thought he dumped her and put her shit outside too
>>
>>7581644
as I recall , she was cheating on him.
she then dumped him but kept the rent controlled apartment he had had for years so she could move her new boyfriend in.
>>
>>7580658
Make sure you get the premium 82% milkfat butter dude. I must admit, Euro milk and butter is better than that of the US. I cringe to admit, but it's true. Next best thing is Euro-"style" which still isn't as good, but at least they try.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.