[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what's the best way to drink wine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: winecellars.jpg (515 KB, 2000x925) Image search: [Google]
winecellars.jpg
515 KB, 2000x925
so what's the best way to drink wine?
>>
>>7579571

orally
>>
Without any regard to how it tastes.
>>
>>7579571
Cheap, French, and straight from the bottle.
>>
What country do you live in?

This will determine whether you have to pay serious $ to get a drinkable bottle of wine.

If you live in South East Asia, I would suggest that you don't bother buying wine because it costs more than spirits per 1000mL.

If you live in the United States or Canada, the cost of decent wine there is far higher than other alcoholic beverages. Speaking from experience in both countries, the cheaper wines (less than $10 per bottle) were all awful. That was 5 years ago, they may have improved. But I doubt it.

Mexico? Same deal, too expensive to buy decent wine, although having said that I went to a French Restuarant in Mexico City and had a great bottle of wine ... but it was the first decent bottle I had consumed in months so my taste buds may have been a little bit off.

If you happen to be lucky enough to live in a wine growing region, you'll probably get a good variety of cheap wines available as clean skins.

Sorry for the blog post, I love talking about wine ... IRL nobody wants to listen to this crap so you're my captive audience.
>>
>>7579817
>price determines quality
faggot
>>
File: how to drink wine.png (433 KB, 580x557) Image search: [Google]
how to drink wine.png
433 KB, 580x557
>>7579571
Like this.
>>
>>7579571
From a bag

> But muh straight from the bottle

nah fuck that
>>
>>7579828
No doubt you haven't travelled much. If you go to most places in Asia, you literally can not buy a nice bottle of wine. Bottle stores will just have generic mass produced sit for 3x the price in other countries. They only stock it for novelty factor + tourists.
>>
>>7579828
>Location determines availability
Try again shitlord
>>
File: PAYMENT.jpg (50 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
PAYMENT.jpg
50 KB, 500x322
>>7579828
Everyone laugh at the poorfag who missed the point because all he could see was $ and got triggered
>>
>>7579817
This is still true in most of the US (especially the midwest), but if you live in a decent part it doesn't have to be. In the midwest if someone says he likes wine it means he either drinks stuff like Apothic Red or he is some rich dentist who collects wine based on RP endorsements to show off to his rich friends.

Visiting some relatives once I went to what was supposed to be the best liquor store in the state and I was finding the few bottles I was used to paying $12 for, for $20, anything under $15 was critter wine, and nothing from high value regions, only famous/overpriced regions and industrial garbage places like Australia and South Africa.
>>
File: P1000647.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
P1000647.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>7579571
Paired with food, obviously
>>
>>7579817
sounds pretentious
>>
>>7580246
this
>>7579817
In the US wine is still seen as a luxury, so a decent bottle will be $10-$15, but you have to be choosy at that price, because there's lots of awful stuff on the market.
>>
Wine recs anyone? I really (really) enjoy this Syrah. Price range 20-38$ this bottle runs about 25 from what I've seen and I think it's excellent.

Something red preferably but if you got a white that will blow me away I'd love to hear of it.
>>
File: 1360880074108.png (247 KB, 707x680) Image search: [Google]
1360880074108.png
247 KB, 707x680
>>7579573
>not shoving the wine bottle up your ass
Found the American
>>
File: url-1.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
url-1.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
outdoors
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.