[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys like your wine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Wine.jpg (844 KB, 4370x3189) Image search: [Google]
Wine.jpg
844 KB, 4370x3189
How do you guys like your wine?
>>
In the form of either beer, whiskey or rum.
>>
replaced with rum
>>
>>7578240
like I like my women.

Look up 3 anal grannies on xhamster
>>
I like Bordeaux and Sauvignon Blanc.

Also, can someone explain the glass swirling when they bring you a bottle at your table? I was recently in Alsace Lorraine and my friend's mom gave me a brief description of what you're doing, but I felt extra pressure being in France.

So they bring you the bottle and present you the label. Then they pour you a small amount in a glass. You swirl it around the glass, and however fast it runs down the side determines the alcohol content. You then taste a bit of it and aerate it in your mouth to get the full flavor.

From my understanding, you are pretty much stuck buying the wine once they bring it to the table. The only thing you are actually checking for is whether there is cork mold in the liquid. That's the only way you can send the bottle back, it it's literally undrinkable in that manner, not just because you don't like it. Then if there is mold in the cork, the restaurant will get in contact with their distributor and they'll send the entire batch back.
>>
>>7578267
It's not "looking for cork mold", it's checking if the wine is bad, which happens in a non-trivial percent of bottles. This can mean it's vinegar, or TCA, or other issues, but mostly those two.

The whole "aerate it in your mouth" is irrelevant, you should be able to tell immediately, no fancy tricks, and you should be able to hand it back to the server and say "this is bad", and fully expect them to confirm.

If you can't tell, then, by definition, it's fine. Regardless of whether that particular wine is to your taste, or not.
>>
>>7578294
Ok thank you for the advice. I'm a newb at drinking wine. I learned about TCA from another friend and I think that's what I got wrong when I said "cork mold."

>Trichloroanisole (TCA) is the natural compound that at higher levels can impart "musty" flavors and aromas to wines, other beverages and foods. Wines that contain TCA at a detectable level are described as either being "corked" or having "corkiness."
>>
>>7578267
>however fast it runs down the side determines the alcohol content
*bullshit**cough*
What they're doing is giving you a chance to determine if the wine is defective.
Some pleebs think they're supposed to taste if they like it and have it replaced if you don't, but that's wrong. You ordered the bottle opened, now it's yours. Asking for a new bottle for any other reason than the wine being spoiled (corked) is a massive faux pas.

A good waiter will have given the wine a discrete whiff when opening as not to serve (even for testing) wine that is bardly corked, but tasting is always left to the guest.

(Corked wine smells and tastes like old socks.)
>>
>>7578333
Cool, that's what I was told. Why do you swirl it then? And yeah I was told once you order it, it's yours unless it's spoiled.
>>
>>7578340
>Why do you swirl it then?
To admire the colour. Feel free to forego that shit. Airating should be done by pouring properly, or decanting the wine if military strength airating is neccessary.
>>
>>7578240
Merlot or Cabernet are my favorites. Whites are also acceptable, but I don't drink Muscato or those other pink wines that are super sweet.
>>
>>7578267
>I like Bordeaux and Sauvignon Blanc.
The former is a districs where all sorts of wine is produced, of various types, both white and red.
The latter is a variety of grape used for various white wines. The grape variety, perhaps ironically originating from the Bordeaux district. The statement makes little sense as it is.
>>
Anyone else find it weird that bordeaux has better QPR than bordeaux blends from Napa?
>>
Wine makes you fat. It is more calorie dense than most beers.
>>
>>7578403
please forgive my fellow american
>>
>>7578240
it hasn't been perfected yet
Whats you recipe anon?
>>
Distilled.
>>
>>7579002
Sorry bertha, but being a fat fuck made you fat. Some of us can enjoy a wide variety of foods and beverages without looking for "guilt-free alternative" from the Jenny Craig section.

p.s. when you touch something in the store, it makes it unfit for sale
>>
>>7578370

Don't agree, aeration is exactly the reason for swirling in the glass and it helps a lot if you're tasting professionally. A high sugar and alcohol content will make the wine flow somewhat oily so it gives you a hint what to expect, this isn't the reason for starting to swirl though.
>>
>>7579093
Aww... Your thought provocation must have been inspired by a toddler. Am I correct? It's good to include children in adult conversations where it is appropriate. Well done.
>>
>>7578240
Like my women: 15 years old and locked in the cellar.
>>
>>7579417
Dis
>>
Wine is literally the fedora of alcohol
>>
>>7578240

Medium rare
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.