[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Overrated shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11
File: mozzarella.jpg (115 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
mozzarella.jpg
115 KB, 1500x1125
ITT: Overrated shit
>>
Meat
>>
>>7577547
Have you ever tried buffalo milk mozzarella, OP?
>>
>>7577552
Ate it 15 minutes ago, hence the thread.
>>
Mozzarella is good though. It is properly rated.
>>
File: Smug King PePe.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
Smug King PePe.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>7577549
FACK U
>>
>>7577627
What's this? A smug pepe for ants?
>>
>>7577556
What were you expecting? It's just freah cheese, so it should be a little richness accompanying a clean, milky taste. Far better than that plastic tasting low moisture shit, but to be really amazing it needs a foil to set it off, like pizza cooked in a brick oven, fresh heirloom tomatoes or being wrapped around a fresh triple cream (like a burrata). Hell, some folks would even serve it with a lemon-anchovy dressing. It's a cheese meant to be part of something, not just eaten plain on its own.
>>
File: paella.jpg (46 KB, 550x351) Image search: [Google]
paella.jpg
46 KB, 550x351
Paella can get to fuck
>>
>>7577653
>it needs a foil to set it off
gabagool
>>
File: IMG-20151023-WA0002.jpg (141 KB, 1763x992) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151023-WA0002.jpg
141 KB, 1763x992
>>7577653
i desperately crave burrata but its so fucking expensive ;_;
>>
>>7577547
Your mum
>>
>>7577693
I don't think it pairs well with avocado
>>
>>7577547
Hamburgers
>>
File: french-onion-soup.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
french-onion-soup.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
>>
Pancakes
>>
>>7577547
>mozza
>overrated
kekiest kek on earth
>>
>>7577756
>>7577751
no
>>
>>7577693

I tried it after you first raved about it and didn't think too much of it. It's pretty expensive, but I'm probably still not getting the best quality stuff. I thought I'd really enjoy it (the textures and mild flavors are all to my liking), but it just didn't do much for me.

Also currently watching a fishing show where they go to Borneo, and you people are weirdos (just kidding, they go to a remote tribal village of "former" headhunters where they make the crew step on an egg while holding a chicken).
>>
>>7577797
Pancakes are good but french onion is dog shit
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 770x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 770x500
>>
>>7577693
It's not really that expensive. It just seems that way because industrially made cheese is so fucking cheap, and if you want better the difference in cost to get it seems like a bit of a shock at first. But if you really think about it burrata is still pretty cheap, as far as luxuries go. It's not like caviar or 1er cru Burgundy.
>>
>>7577669
>I'm proud of being an ignorant fuck that gets set off when people talk like they aren't complete fucking retards
>>
>>7577812
Damn i think you're the one who's getting set off, gabagool and mozzarella go great together
>>
>>7577653
>autism
>>
>>7577819
Oh, come on. Mozzarella is not commonly eaten plain by itself. It's really not so much of a table cheese as an ingredient.
>>
>>7577802
Fuck you, sushi is my favorite food group
>>
>>7577844
Reddit pls go
>>
File: pleblvlbait.jpg (341 KB, 1024x921) Image search: [Google]
pleblvlbait.jpg
341 KB, 1024x921
>>7577802
>>7577872
food board that screams actual food threads into oblivion and doesn't like sushi which is just rice and fish... food board doesn't like rice and fish
>rice and fish overrated foods

what does being cancer feel like?
>>
>>7577916
>conflating 'doesn't like' and 'overrated'

It's JUST rice and fish. That's the point. Totally overrated.
>>
>>7577547
>a top tier flavor carrier like mozzarella
>overrated
Are you retarded?
>>
>>7577549
ulillillia plz go
>>
File: 1bacon0929.jpg (41 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
1bacon0929.jpg
41 KB, 900x599
>>7577931
>>
>>7577549
Found the insufferable vegan memer
>>
>>7577693
I don't get burrata. How are you supposed to eat it? It's all mushy.
>>
>>7577976
Hey fuck you and the horse you rode in on
>>
File: tumblr_n4j82i84JE1rkczzto1_1280.jpg (106 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4j82i84JE1rkczzto1_1280.jpg
106 KB, 640x640
>>7577741
Yeah the avocado was just an afterthought. Perfect with the cherry tomaters.

>>7577798
Could be that, I've only found one brand to my liking (pic related from waitrose). I read it needs to be super fresh to be good. A pinch of salt and black pepper peps it up a bit too.

>>7577807
Good point. £3.50 for a small luxury isn't that much!
>>
>>7577982
with a spoon
>>
>>7578015

>i read it needs to be super fresh to be good

That's what I was thinking, just like most mozzarella isn't something you eat on it's own.

When I had it I just did some salt, pepper, good olive oil, and a little tomato from the garden.
>>
File: Mitch.jpg (73 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Mitch.jpg
73 KB, 850x400
>>7577756
>>
Pho

Mainly cause i hate vermicelli noodles
>>
>>7577976
good but overrated as shit
also pizza
>>
>>7577549
>100% of group requests only meat pizzas
>meatless pizzas eaten first
Why? Are they pretending to like it?
>>
>>7577662
Pushy paella peddlers can be worse than the most aggressive beggars.
>>
>>7578091
OH MY FUCKING GOD! THIS FUCKING HAPPENS TO US ALL THE TIME!
My parents and I are vegetarians,and it seems like everyone wants to fucking eat up our pizza even though there are like 4 other pizzas there that are full of fucking meat. I have no problem with meat eaters, but why the fuck is it they gotta scarf down our shit? Especially after acting like we're weirdos for not having any meat on our pizzas
>>
>>7578091

>pretending to like it

Even worse of a forced meme than picky eaters.

Meat eaters eat meat and everything non meat eaters eat. Meatless probably goes first because there's less of it and people like variety, so they're probably going to take a slice of pepperoni/sausage and a slice of veggie.

When a group decides on something you don't get to be a special snowflake and order your own thing just because you're a picky eater. I always vote for anchovies and nobody humors me for having different preferences than everyone else.
>>
>>7578125
liking something isn't the same as disliking something reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>7578109
You all have delicious and perfectly edible pizza there for you. Take it or leave it. If I see some delicious vegetable pizza, you can bet your ass I'm having a slice.
>>
>>7578133

You're going to have to walk me through the mental gymnastics it took to reach that response.
>>
Avocado
Bacon
Sriracha
Sushi
Kale
Kimchi
Tacos

That's not to say these aren't good, but they're overrated as fuck. They've basically become memes at this point.
>>
>>7578091

pick off the meat, give it to them, eat your shitty meatless pizza. bam, they get pizza and extra toppings. genius.
>>
>>7578173

kimchi is only overrated in korea, it's really fucking good but i don't understand why it's as big as it is there. i don't think many people care for it out west. not even sure if most people have tasted it.

and tbqh bacon is appropriately rated. i don't care if its meme-status burned you out on it, it's good as hell and will always be good as hell.
>>
>>7578173

>they've basically become memes at this point

What an insightful and thought provoking idea. "Meme food". You have seriously made a contribution to the quality of /ck/, the food and cooking board, with this little piece of genius.
>>
>>7578197
No, Bacon is good. I made that clear in my post.

What I mean is that its gotten to the point where you see people wearing epic bacon t shirts, or things like bacon toothpaste or bacon deodorant.

>>7578199
And thank you for the compliment, autismfriend.
>>
>>7578091
Because given the choice of meat or no meat most people will reflexively choose meat without even thinking. Then when the reality of the kind of shit tier greasy meat topping the pizza is staring them in the face they realize that was a bad decision, and go for the cheese pizza.
>>
>>7578207

Even with a group of only 4 people nobody ever agrees and you always end up with boring as fuck combinations.

Nobody wanted plain pepperoni, but nobody could agree on a second topping. Vegetarians for some reason think they're special and get to make a special order just for themselves when everything is being shared.
>>
Protip: when ordering pizzas for a group, replace two thirds of the requested meat pies with meatless, because that's what people will actually eat.
>>
>>7578224
>Vegetarians for some reason think they're special and get to make a special order just for themselves when everything is being shared.
Could be because everybody else is eating meat, and they don't. That is what a vegetarian is, after all: someone who doesn't eat meat.

If you're eating with vegetarians and want everything to be shared order food without meat. It's not all that difficult.
>>
>>7578251
I'd be content if they took only their portion of the veggie pizzas. Like all the slices of just that divided among everyone. but they usually take more than that because pizza sausage is shit.
>>
>>7578242
That works. Another solution used by caterers is to make the veggie option intentionally shitty.
>>
>>7578150
Yeah, well if I fuck'n bought it and you and your m8s decided to eat it all and I barely got any, especially if I can't eat any of the other pizzas then someone's fucking buying me another god damn pizza. That or I won't fucking talk to any of you faggots ever again.
>>
>>7578280
You need to work on your interpersonal skills, senpai.
>>
>>7578251

>if you're eating with vegetarians and want everything to be shared order food without meat

If you're eating with people who only eat anchovy pizza and want everything to be shared order pizzas with anchovies.

It's not like you're allergic and it's a handicap that everyone has to bow down to in order for you to feel equal. When you're sharing food you should go with what everyone decides on, not one random anons preferences.
>>
>>7578264
What does it matter to you? It's pretty obvious that you don't have any friends anyway.
>>
>>7578264
How poor are you that this is an issue? If you know this is what's going to happen just order more plain pizzas. If there's some leftover I'm sure someone will eat it later.
>>
>>7578292
I just want one or two slices when there's 16 slices and only six people. I do have friends. Most of them are vegan otters I've homosexed.
>>
>>7578280
Thanks, a way to piss of vegetarians and get them to stop talking to me, this is greatly appreciated.
>>7577916
>How come nobody likes my cold, bland, unseasoned dead fish?!
Silly Japs, lern 2 fire faggots
>>
>>7578290
>what everyone decides on

If people are left out, that's not everyone. You aren't obligated to accommodate your friends, but you're a shitty friend if you don't.
>>
>>7578290
I don't think you understand how this one works. For most vegetarians the choice is a matter of personal ethics. In a civilized country we generally respect others' ethical choices, regardless of whether or not we happen to agree with them. If you can't handle that don't eat communal meals with vegetarians.

Because your post pretty much says you not only don't respect the ethical choices of others, but you're annoyed by them. Which is like something a 12 year old would say, not a mature adult.
>>
>>7578328

I don't like plain cheese or plain cheese and pepperoni. Someone else doesn't like mushrooms. Someone else doesn't like peppers. Someone else doesn't like olives...

Guess what we end up with? Plain cheese, and cheese and pepperoni.
>>
>>7578334

>In a civilized country we generally respect others' ethical choices

LOL

also, the way this actually works is you do half/half and everybody eats their own. really not hard.
>>
Bacon. It's not even that good honestly. If I wanted burnt crispy and salty I'd just eat shitty popcorn.
>>
>>7578337
Then order plain cheese. Or order personal-sized pizzas so everyone can have what they want like you would at any normal restaurant.
>>
>>7578342
idk, man. With the people I hang with we get a token pepperoni, because someone will eat it, a few mushroom because they're popular, then the rest all cheese, because everyone eats those. Except for vegans, and if you're hanging with vegans you're not ordering pizza in the first place.
>>
>>7578334

I'm not annoyed by vegetarians. I have lots of veggie friends (some are honestly annoying when it comes up, but I never harass them about it, even though I've had plenty of discussions/arguments on the matter).

I'm annoyed by them throwing a hissy fit when I grab a slice of the veggie pizza, or grab some hummus and veggies, or take a piece of the veggie lasagna with all the delicious mushrooms and zucchini and shit.

Just because I eat meat doesn't mean I don't like other stuff. And just because you're a picky eater doesn't mean you get your own thing all to yourself.

I'm not eating all your food to spite you, I'm just taking a little of everything that looks good.
>>
I'm ok with vegetarians, but can vegans be gassed?
>>
>>7578355

i'm not veg-anything and i don't eat cheese. it's boring. but really i don't get what's so hard about deciding on what everyone wants and then like... sticking to that, and asking permission to eat someone else's share in exchange for one of yours if you have a change of heart.
>>
>>7578362
>I'm just taking a little of everything that looks good.
Then to be fair in a communal dining experience with vegetarians the food should all be vegetarian, so they can feel free to do the same. Not difficult.
>>
>>7578369

idk man i don't think i want to eat anything that's ingested carbon monoxide
>>
>>7578379

>to be fair

As already said, then there shouldn't be anything with mushrooms for the person who wont eat them, or anything with peppers because one person wont eat them, or anything with olives because one person gags and pretends like they're going to throw up every time they try one.

Having a vegetarian option is completely normal these days, just stop acting like not eating meat isn't a choice.
>>
>>7578402
>stop acting like not eating meat isn't a choice.
It's totally a choice. But unlike being fussy deciding to be vegetarian is an ethical choice. Just like someone choosing to be religious and following dietary restrictions of their religion. Matters of religion and ethics in our society are treated with a much greater regard than mere preferences. Because they're more than a preference - they're deeply meaningful choices to the person in question. And you show respect to those people by respecting their choices as something more than a matter of preference.
>>
>>7578430
It's interesting that you choose to be fussy, unlike people who are actually fussy, and yet people are supposed to be more willing to cater to you.
>>
>>7578430
>Matters of religion and ethics in our society are treated with a much greater regard than mere preferences.

literally where do you live
>>
>>7578334

>go to a restaurant with a group of friends and order drinks and a bunch of appetizers to share
>one person orders tendies and wont eat anything else
>said anon gets mad when you grab a bite from each plate of appetizers in the middle of the table

Who's the 12 year old in this situation again?

>>7578430

Being religious and being a vegetarian aren't the same thing at all. Most vegetarians I know will eat meat dishes if they're in a social situation where they're offered to them. They're already there, and already dead, and they know that there's no eternal damnation coming to them if they partake in what everyone else is already doing in that situation.
>>
>>7578442
It's not fussy though. That's a preference, like, "Onions are yucky!" Being vegetarian is a matter of ethical conviction, like, "I believe this is wrong so I want no part of it."

Very different.
>>
>>7578452

>Being religious and being a vegetarian aren't the same thing at all.

i am neither but yes, they are
>>
>>7578457

This must be your first day here, or you've just completely missed the daily, "eating onions/cilantro/tomatoes/pickles/etc. is just wrong!" threads.

Stop pretending you're a special snowflake. You're just another picky eater who chooses to abstain from entire food groups for reasons that seem rational to you.
>>
>>7578452
>>7578466
>Stop pretending you're a special snowflake.
Where do you get that from? I eat meat. But if I'm in a communal dining situation with people who have moral or religious dietary restrictions I'll see to it all the food on the table is something they can eat. Because it's a communal meal. If it's a situation where everybody orders their own plate of food of course it's every man for himself. But in a communal meal the food ought to be of such a nature that all of it can be shared with everyone.
>>7578448
East Coast
>>
>>7578497

like... east coast of the planet?
>>
>>7578501
Planets don't have coasts.
>>
>>7578501
Like Brooklyn. Maybe I don't see why this is a big deal because there are plenty of places here where you can get vegetarian meals that will satisfy everyone at the table.
>>
>>7578497
>>7578513

I'm formerly from Portland, so I can say the exact same thing about vegetarian/vegan options when eating out.

Doesn't change the fact that I find it pretentious as fuck when one person expects the entire table to order vegetarian because of their beliefs, especially when it's a belief that I regularly debate with them, and not some religious crap that was ingrained in them at the age of 5.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's just as annoying when someone insists on having a hunk of meat on their plate at every meal.
>>
eggs are the biggest meme
>>
>>7577549
what are you gay
>>
>>7578534
>when one person expects the entire table to order vegetarian because of their beliefs
I have never seen this, but I would call that presumptuous, not pretentious. More commonly if there are vegetarians in the group they'll suggest a vegetarian place, and often that suggestion will be seriously considered. If it isn't taken we will end up at a place that's at least very vegetarian friendly.
>>
>>7578602
>I have never seen this
That's because it only happens inside the imaginations of impressionable youngsters who learned about reality from Maddox, reddit, and 4chan.

Source: I grew up in some pretty fucking hippie places (Santa Cruz, Boulder, and Ithaca) and I've met my fair share of vegans.
>>
>>7578602

>I have never seen this

That's exactly what the other anon was suggesting.

Your stance is completely normal, and what I'd consider proper etiquette.
>>
>>7577549
Not wrong, but my vote goes to pasta. I don't include the sauces used in pasta dishes, they can just go on better things.
>>
>>7578672
Like what things?
>>
>>7578513
I was referring to the fact that you're somehow under the impression that USA in general is tolerant of the religious/ethical beliefs and practices and cultural differences of others
>>
>>7578678
Anything with more nutritional value than pasta, that won't overwhelm the taste of the sauce or compliment it even more.
>>
>>7578685
Don't let the vocal minorities fool you, we're all fairly tolerant of eachother.
>>
>>7578687
...Like what?
>>
>>7578701
I don't know? It depends on the sauce. Red can go on crab, white wine on fish or steak. Together with meat, it wouldn't be overrated.
>>
>>7577547
I'll kill you
>>
>>7577547
This fucking guy
>>
>>7578716
Second
>>
Do americans really have dry mozzarella? Is it being purchased more often than mozarella that is still swimming in whey?
>>
>>7578750

It's pre-shredded and filled with shit to make it shelf stable, and is just as crappy as all the other pre-shredded cheese.

Fresh Mozzarella is also sold in every grocery store here.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.