[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my mate gave me 4 lbs of tuna belly and I have no clue how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 175x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 175x230
So my mate gave me 4 lbs of tuna belly and I have no clue how to cook this. (Not my pic but similar, mine had more white veiny sinewy(?) stuff)

Tried baking it in a cassarole dish so I could be able to flake it for sandwiches, but it got incredibly greasy and disgusting.

Is it ruined? Or should I drain the fat with a paper towel.
>>
>>7576356
just eat it
>>
>>7576356
Yeah, well, it's belly.
Grizzly bears will eat just the belly during the run just before winter to fatten up for hibernation.
Smoke it.
Or cook it and puree and use for tuna salad or something.
>>
>>7576356
put it in your mouth and chew
>>
>>7576385
I'm not fucking dumb, I know you guys are just trolling me to give me foodborne illnesses
>>
>>7576356
Slice it thinner and steam it.
>>
Sear it until the belly fat just melts and eat, or slice it thin/in tiny pieces and serve with plenty of citrus based sauce in a carpaccio.

Belly is the best part of tuna, don't let it go to waste in something like a casserole, which is used to enrich lean, tough meats!
>>
>>7576410
mfw when millions of japs get foodborne illnesses from eating tuna sushi and sashimi
>>
>>7576356
Cut it into 3cm filets and fry it like a steak. Very nice with some soy sauce and rice
>>
>>7576356
I bought some of this yesterday for the first time ever
It it international tuna belly week or something?
>>
>>7576356
Nigiri
>>
>>7576781
It's scrap.
Chewy fish.
>>
>>7576823
"Chewy" is an exaggeration, the meat is in big flakes instead of the finer texture of tuna loin

I reserve the term "chewy" for shitfish like monkfish that is rationalized as being a delicacy in a world where the good fish have all been eaten
>>
>>7576638
To be fair, none of us know its age and the conditions it was kept in before and after it was given to the OP.

If he doesn't know either, it's best to cook it.
>>
Pressure cooker for 2 hours
Then you get canned tuna quality
>>
steam it...youll get canned quality
>>
>>7576356
OP, the white bit is fat. Belly is a very fatty cut of meat. You fucked up pretty hard, hope you didn't ruin it all like that.
>>
steam it for canned quality
>>
put it on the rack of your oven, set the oven to 175F, put a tray underneath it to catch the drippings, leave it in there for 12 hours, sea salt and peppercorns. bam
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.