[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-R fHC91Ewc How seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 45612386456456152316846.png (278 KB, 626x345) Image search: [Google]
45612386456456152316846.png
278 KB, 626x345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-RfHC91Ewc

How seriously do Italians take their pasta?

I once asked a Korean lady shilling marinade if it was good for making bulgogi, and her eyes became almonds then explained the recipe and procedure.

I'm pretty sure Holly was baiting though. My first thought was that American housewives would shut this show down so fast
>>
>>7569970
Italians used to take their pasta more seriously. They used to make it fresh often and demand it be fresh in restaurants. Now many of them boil dried Barilla or some other such shit. In certain regions though, you'll still find that they're pretty serious about their pasta.
>>
futurist italians take pasta VERY seriously.

the others are just so familiar with it i would imagine they take it for granted. but when they see other people fuck it up it annoys them.

and the whole 'al dente' thing is just fetishised by people into restaurant culture, it is not a particularly italian thing, everyone likes texture in their food.
>>
>>7570043

Why the fuck are you even making this shit up? This isn't reddit eith upboats and other general faggotry. Pasta has always been mostly dried because it has a very long shelf life and it was important, ask any Italian what kind of pasta they prefer and the answer will always be dried and it's been like that for centuries.
>>
>>7569970
>her eyes became almonds
how is that physically possible?
ancient korean secret?
>>
>>7570563
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4yu7mZVDT8

- . -
>>
>>7571174

That channel is by far the best 'reacts-to' on the whole of YouTube.

Gloriously ambivalent.
>>
File: Sweet Baby Moses Dem Shekels.png (23 KB, 382x379) Image search: [Google]
Sweet Baby Moses Dem Shekels.png
23 KB, 382x379
>>7569970
>her eyes became almonds
Top KEK
>>
red sauce and how to make is where all the clannish infighting comes from.

tomatoes are serious business. they stopped a famine or some shit once. then the mob taxed the tomato farmers and things were never the same again..
>>
>>7570427
>>7571250

Hmm... It's just interesting to me because in the US people don't really give a shit if they can sell you something or maintain face on camera. I guess you have pockets of people that take things like barbecue seriously...

Anyway, I'm just saying I'd rather give a shit about ravioli than a firm handshake and upping my "numbers"
>>
>>7570534
This is the most autistic post I've seen in a while. Congrats.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.