[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 5 pounds of russet potatoes, and no money to eat anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Taters-gonna-tate-650x476.jpg (23 KB, 650x476) Image search: [Google]
Taters-gonna-tate-650x476.jpg
23 KB, 650x476
I have 5 pounds of russet potatoes, and no money to eat anything else for the next couple days. How do I make the most of this?
>>
When you say no money do you mean that if you buy anything you'll be in the negatives? Because if you've got a couple of bucks you can go buy a big bag of cheese from walmart and make enough potato gratin to last you a couple of days.

If not, go to your nearest fast food restaurant and steal as many ketchup packets as you can, then either chop them up to bake in the oven as fries or boil them.
>>
>>7568903
Just boil them, mash them, stick a stick of butter in them with some milk, and there you go.
>>
I could maybe get a back of shredded cheese with some quarters I have laying around, but yeah, broke. I have some sandwich meat (turkey), some brown rice, a dozen eggs, a serving of raspberry yogurt, mustard and soysauce
>>
just bake them in the oven and eat them plain with your hands when you get hungry enough to do so and try not to think about it
>>
>>7568925
Get some butter instead of cheese.
>>
I assume you have salt and olive oil.

If you've got those then you shouldn't have a problem.
>>
>>7568917
or put them in pierogi with onions and cheese
>>
Make several pounds of hashbrowns.

>peel and use a cheese grater on them
>squeeze out as much moisture as you can
>salt and pepper liberally
>get a thin layer of oil in a large frying pan
>fry on medium high heat, cut into quarters when the bottom is crisp enough
>flip each quarter until cooked through

If you can dig out enough quarters get a pack of american cheese and eat a slice on top of each hashbrown, but if not you can just eat as is.
>>
>>7568903
Do you have money for a jug of milk? Potato soup, anon. Creamy mashed potato style, with some diced meat and onion if you can get it. Delicious.
>>
>>7568996
Yeah, this is exactly what I just did for dinner tonight. I'm gonna get some cheese at the store tomorrow and maybe do some baked potatoes. Should be an easy couple days. Thanks anons
>>
>>7568917
Boil em mash em stick em in a stew
>>
>>7568903

Cut them into wedges. Salt, pepper, optional paprika. Decent bit of olive oil mix it all together, pop into the oven for 20 minutes on 425.
>>
>>7569000
Omg, not OP but that sounds so good. You've awoken the Polish genes within my DNA.

You can do anything and everything with potatoes, mang. I've even heard of tale where someone lived off of them for a couple of months.

Personally, I like to dice them up and then sautee them in olive oil. It's not that creative, I understand; you should also try other poster's suggestions.
>>
>>7568903
Cut thick wedges and pan fry in a little oil with some salt for homestyle fries.
Shred and make hashbrowns.
Slice and bake with milk and cheese for potatoes au gratin.
Peel and boil with ham, sausage, or bacon, then mash a few of the cooked potatoes and add back to the pot for potato soup.
Bake or microwave for baked potatoes.
Cook with onions, curry powder, turmeric and salt for a Indian 'bhaji' dish.
Make a russian potato salad or a cold potato or egg salad.
Mashed potatoes (add garlic or garlic powder along with the usual).
Casserole styles dishes from Greek to lasagna style ones (Gewgle that shit).
>>
>>7568925
Just steal some cheese and butter. Stick it in your waistband over a jacket and buy like a dollar bag of chips so you don't look suspicious.
>>
>>7568903
add either butter or milk
>>
Boil 'em, Mash 'em, Stick 'em in a stew!
>>
File: le tumblr filename.gif (433 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
le tumblr filename.gif
433 KB, 350x197
Bump.

I need more, I happen to have some potatoes at home and I this thread is helpful.
>>
>>7568944
Dont forget salt an pepper senpai
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.