[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the best sardines in a can/box you can get? pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: 00020100003008_CF___JPEG_3.jpg (800 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
00020100003008_CF___JPEG_3.jpg
800 KB, 960x960
what is the best sardines in a can/box you can get?

pic related is my personal favorite
>>
Never seen lemon sauce before, but beach cliff are shit tier sardines regardless of whatever else they add.
>>
>>7565338
beach cliff is bone-in so its shit-tier.

king czar or whatever that brand is pretty good, try it with flavored sauce
>>
>>7565360

King Oscar?

Their double layer is one of the best widely available sardines, and they're bone-in.

Beach Cliff is shit because it looks and tastes like shit.
>>
I like cheap sardines with delicious crunchy bones. Baby kids here can't handle any texture.
>>
My favorite.
>>
File: beachcliff.jpg (38 KB, 320x355) Image search: [Google]
beachcliff.jpg
38 KB, 320x355
>>7565338
Fuck yea.
What is your favorite cracker to put it on? (if you eat them with a cracker).

I think a really crunchy crisp is best. Pita chips, original triscuits, townhouse flat bread chips, or tablewater crackers. Basically anything that looks like it has more of a hard crisp versus a softer one. Idk, its more of a texture thing for me.
>>
>>7565367
Yep. When it comes to cheap, fermented canned fish, the off-brands are almost always better tasting than the name-brand stuff. It's a strange phenomenon.
>>
Best ways to eat sardines? Any other ways than on crackers? I personally just eat them alone out of the can, but most everyone else i know who eats them uses crackers only
>>
>>7565762
I like mashing them onto toast with some avocado
>>
>>7565762
I eat them over white rice. Squeeze a bit of lime then I'm good to go
>>
>>7565762
I have graduated to kippers, and I eat them on crackers with tabasco
>>
>>7565762

I usually eat them drunk.
>>
File: 91fFom1mB6L._SL1500_.jpg (253 KB, 1500x1025) Image search: [Google]
91fFom1mB6L._SL1500_.jpg
253 KB, 1500x1025
>>7565338
Really like these guys. There is this other brand I get, I don't know the name of it though. Sardines from Spain, marinated in chili. Tasty.
>>
>>7565686

I just eat them straight out of the can using my hands like an animal. May have to try crackers/toast some time.

I really enjoy the mustard kind also. The hot sauce and soybean always seem so dried out compared to the lemon sauce/mustard, I'm not sure why.
>>
what can a first time sardine eater expect? ive always been intrigued but never tried them.
>>
>>7565843
Americans talking about Sardines . . .. bless them.

Your brisling 'sardines' are actually not sardines . . . but infact 'sprats' . . .are more of a Herring than a true sardine.

>>7567106
From what I have seen before sardines are a bit more expensive than we get in Europe. There are 1001 ways to eat them, you could grill them for a bit on toast or if you are lazy just pour them over some rice or raman noodles (I usually throw on vinegar or lemon juice)
Usually I have the ones preserved in Brine but Sunflower or Olive oil is Ok.
>>
>>7567170
. . . .
>>
>>7567179
Great contribution.

Try asking something rather than a dumbfounded series of dots.
>>
>>7567187
just trying it out
>>
>>7565843
I love the ones with jalapenos
>>
>>7567170
>>7567187

You are a massive cunt. Kill yourself.
>>
>>7567201
Excellent!

Take a look at the catalogue and find another thread.

>what is the best Papa Jons
>what is the best Wendys Burger
>What is the best Hersheys candy
>What is the best restaurant in my small, irrelevant USA town
> Big Mac

Plenty to choose from . .. .bye!
>>
>>7565762
Make fisherman's eggs. God tier.
>>
>>7565762
I put them in sandwiches or on toast with hot sauce
>>
I had one in Teriyaki sauce it was pretty disgusting washed that shit off.
Thought it would be nice to get some different flavored sauces but tomato is just fine.
>>
>>7565686
The hot sauce variety is the only one of Beach Cliff I've found to be decent. All the rest are awful. The fish always taste spoiled.
>>
>>7567170
I am from . . . .. .. . . . . . . . . Europe . . . .. . . . . . . . .. .. . . . .
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147 KB, 1000x1000
>>7565338
Are these the same? I've seen the same sardines under different names in different countries
>>7565360
The bones are good for you and taste fine, stop bring gay
>>
>>7567818

I feel like Beach Cliff and Bumble Bee sardines might actually be the same.

They're both sold everywhere in America and are both usually the worst choice on the shelf, and equally bad.
>>
>>7565360

The bones are the best part

That slight hardness that mushes into powder is delicious.
>>
why do tins of sardines never have nutritional info posted on them?
>>
>>7567835

agreed, this is why canned salmon is even more awesome
>>
>>7567835
>>7568434
this is where you get your calcium. much healthier than cow's milk
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.