[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Great Debate: Crumbly or Chewy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: cookie.png (122 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cookie.png
122 KB, 300x300
The Great Debate: Crumbly or Chewy?
>>
>>7565155
Crumbly for coffee
Chewy for milk
>>
There's only two types of acceptable chocolate chip cookies.
1. Chewy, rich and decadent, the kind of cookie you have as a special treat, big and thick and soft and chewy goodness. This comes from using a combination of butter and shortening or all shortening.

2. Thin and crispy with lightly browned edges. This is the "tea time / coffee break " cookie. Buttery, crispy, melts in your mouth deliciousness. This is achieved by using all butter in your recipe.

All other mid-tier chocolate chip cookies can fuck right off.
>>
>why not both
>>
File: Goy Money.jpg (483 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
Goy Money.jpg
483 KB, 1162x850
>>7565171
>>why not both
>>
File: Maryland-chocolate_1794506c.jpg (34 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
Maryland-chocolate_1794506c.jpg
34 KB, 460x287
>>7565155
Chewy, like what this guy said >>7565168 Also, chewy for a snack at work, or outside.

Crumbly for in the home, with a hot drink. pic related.
>>
File: aHHHHHH.gif (214 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
aHHHHHH.gif
214 KB, 500x281
>>7565203
NO!
Those are LIES they are BISCUITS NOT COOKIES
>>
>>7565155
>chewy
What does that even mean? Could you post a video of someone breaking a chewy/crumbly cookies in half, please?
>>
File: biscuit.jpg (769 KB, 2675x2158) Image search: [Google]
biscuit.jpg
769 KB, 2675x2158
>>7565260
YOU LIMEY!!!
PIC IS A BISCUIT NOT A COOKIE!
>>
>from a package

crunchy

>not from a package

either
>>
>>7567017

that's a scone
>>
>>7565361
Chew ones are soft, they have a little bend when you fold them. Crunchy ones are hard and brittle, they snap when you fold them.
>>
>>7567023
Scones have a sweetener in them, biscuits do not. I will concede however that that is the ONLY difference
>>
>>7567080
>Go on holiday to Las Vegas with the family
>Decide to partake in American traditions in order to immerse ourselves in the full experience
>Wear shorts every day on account of the glorious sunshine
>Go to McDonalds for breakfast inkeeping with the local customs
>They serve savoury scones with their fry-up
>This is an outrage
>Demand to speak to Mr. McDonald
>Demand to speak to the chef
>The maître d'hôtel informs me neither are currently in the establishment
>A young man who I can only assume is the saucier informs me I am a "mufugga" and asks me and my family to leave
>Mon visage quand
>>
Chewy because that's how they always come out when I bake them
>>
>>7567033
Ohh I see, then in my opinion chewy are great by themselves while crunchy/crumbly are best with a glass of milk to dunk them in.
>>
>>7567080
I think there are two other key differences:

1. American biscuits have a good bit of shortening in them, making them buttery and slightly greasy to the touch, more so than scones.

2. American biscuits are generally fluffy in texture. Scones in my experience are denser and more chewy.

Then again I've only had scones that were made in America by Americans.
>>
>>7567291
Kek
>>
Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.
>>
That's just how the cookie crumbles. Where did all this chewy non sense come from?
>>
by chewy do you mean soft?

because soft. not chewy.
>>
>>7565155
Chewy at all times
>>
>>7565160
I second that notion
>>
>>7567461
only answer ever in regards to choco chip
>>
>>7567461
what was this a tagline for, holy fuck
>>
>>7568553
Probably a lot of things.
>>
>>7568553
Bare Back Beejays Vol. 4, if I recall correctly.
>>
I think it is important to have both. In a cookie it is essential to have a crispy outside for dipping and to highlight the salt in the cookie, but also a chewy inside to absorb the milk and highlight the sweetness. A good chocolate chip cookie should be the perfect desert to dip into a glass of cold milk and a perfect amalgamation of sweet and savory, so in order for this to occur it is necessary to have it be both chewy and crunchy!
>>
I like them both, but chewy usually is my go-to.

Gotta have crumbly with milk, obviously.
>>
>>7565155
Crumbly. I prefer the crunch of a firm cookie.
>>
>>7568553
Chocolate frosted sugar bombs from Calvin and hobbes
>>
>>7565155
Chewy. I'd love a thick ingot shaped bar of cookie.
>>
>>7565155
Crumbly.
>>
>>7567017
Yeah, and gravy is semen too
>>
Say, how can I make crunchy chocolate chip cookies without them ending as thin as crackers?
>>
File: both.gif (941 KB, 398x223) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
941 KB, 398x223
>>7565155
>>
File: cokkie macha.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cokkie macha.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>7565155
Chewy master race
Crumbly peasants step aside
Macha and white chocolate rule
>>
>>7573743
>Macha

if youre going to be a weeb at least spell it right
>>
File: giphy_s[1].gif (67 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
giphy_s[1].gif
67 KB, 380x380
>>7565168
>using shortening for anything except candles
>>
>>7573784
I prefer the chewy shortened version any day. The all butter cookies are too brittle and cheap tasting. But I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
>>
>>7573805
how can all butter cookies be cheap tasting? shortening is literally a cheap alternative to butter/lard, it has no flavor and is unhealthy.
>>
crumbly is for gay betas, chewy is obviously the better choice
>>
>>7574027
chewy is for gay betas, crumbly is obviously the better choice
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.