[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to concentrate the heat of a bunch of mild
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: calvin-and-hobbes-friends.jpg (154 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
calvin-and-hobbes-friends.jpg
154 KB, 1024x768
What is the best way to concentrate the heat of a bunch of mild peppers?

Basically, how can I distill the spiciness?
>>
>>7557798
Blend them, stew them down. If you only have bell peppers, then 0 x 0 still equals 0.
>>
>>7557798
Use the seeds or veins in the plant. That's where all the hear comrs from.
>>
Steam distillation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfLPQ-29Iw
>>
>>7557804

false.
>>
>>7557798

Boil and reduce.

Capsisin is soluble in oils, so maybe blend them with a cup of olive oil.
>>
>>7557802

Doesn't heat break capsisin down?
>>
>>7557798
capsaicin is most soluble in alcohol, oils and organic acids like vinegar. chop up a bunch of peppers into a fine paste. dissolve them in an alcohol solution (everclear works well for stuff like this). then dilute the alcohol/capsaicin solution massively with water. this should drop the capsaicin out of solution due to its low solubility in water. you could then use a seperatory funnel to remove the water. the capsaicin should form a layer on top that would be relatively pure.
>>
>>7557798
Why? Just go and buy birdseye chillies from any Asian shop. Wala!
>>
>>7558821

You can't cook with pure capsaicin...

Can you?
>>
>>7558928
if you have a microgram scale.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.