[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /ck/'s opinion on fondue? I've never had it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 1024x576
What is /ck/'s opinion on fondue? I've never had it, and the on,y place that I know of that serves it is at least an hour drive away from me.
>>
>>7552505
It's one of my guiltiest pleasures, 10/10.
>>
I've never had fondue from an establishment but if it's half as good as what you would do at home it's fuckin worth it. So fuckin good.
>>
If you don't live somewhere that it's common it's going to be overpriced, gimmicky, and probably mediocre.

I spent a month in a French town right on the Swiss border and had fondue (and raclette) 2-3 times a week, and it's one of my favorite foods. It's really just a big pain to make at home, and a disappointment at hold-over chain restaurants from the 80's.
>>
Cheese foundue is ok. Beef fondue is meh.
>>
Seems like a lot of trouble for cheesey bread, but it's probably fun.
>>
>>7552651
burgundy fondue is indeed weird, it's just frying beef essentially
the secret to savoyarde fondue is to break an egg at the end of the meal and stir it with the cheese
>>
Never had such a thing. Do you eat right off the skewer, then put it again into the communal pot?
>>
>>7552718
nah you slide it off with a fork and let it cool on the plate for an instant while you skewer another morcel of bread
>>
>>7552520
>had fondue (and raclette) 2-3 times a week
>spent a month
how fat are you
>>
>Hey strongbad I brought back your fondue pot
>>
>>7552725

Not fat at all, and 2-3 times a week was an exaggeration.

Regardless, I think it's always a good idea to take full advantage of the local cuisine when visiting a place you may never have an opportunity to visit again in your life.
>>
>>7552505

It's fon to due
>>
>>7552842
I think your comedy career isn't going well desu.
>>
swiss here
you shouldn't expect too much. It depends
heavily on the type of cheeses you mix
together. If you take too much old cheese
you will get a fatty soup. If you take too
young cheese it will be too sticky. In
switzerland, you will find many local
products that are great and there's
only 1 big brand and it's mediocre.
they probably mix their only fondue at the
place you mentioned with local cheese
because it's cheaper.
>>
>>7552718
I eat right off the skewer. It's not like you lick all over it though
>>
>cousin wants to have a family fondue night
>comes over with a camping stove and a pot of vegetable oil
When I suggested we bread things before we 'fondued' them they all gave me a dirty look wtf family
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.