[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
omg. potlucks are awesome. who else here works in an office
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: so full.jpg (428 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
so full.jpg
428 KB, 1600x1200
omg. potlucks are awesome.

who else here works in an office where people come together to create a great feast?
>>
Looks like cat and dog vomit and maybe a bit of rabbit vomit too
>>
>>7552234
Potlucks suck. 49% the people who bring shit can't cook to save their lives, 50% bring KFC or Bojangles, and the 1% who bring good shit don't bring much(they're not supposed to anyway) so their good food gets demolished before you even get there. Then you regretfully load your plate with crappy overcooked green beans, some okay-ish pasta salad, a scoop of piss-poor mashed potatoes, and KFC chicken.
>>
potlucks = other peoples germs. Avoid at all costs!!!
>>
>>7552252
>>7552254

Sounds like you've had some shitty potlucks. I'm genuinely convinced that my department holds the best potlucks within a pretty decent radius. They've grown over the years and we put a lot of effort into making them happen, mostly awesome homecooked dishes by people that generally know wtf they're doing.

We recently acquired another hospital and their IT staff is part of the potlucks now too.
>>
>>7552240
rabbits can't vomit
>>
i work at a place where 90% of the people are exotic foreigners. fucking somalis, loations, koreans, polynesians, brazilians.

no thx. not gonna try their ooga booga jungle food.
>>
>>7552477
I would kill for such opportunity. Why are you even on /ck/? Are you just a McDonald's shill?
>>
Working with Mexicans has its perks, they can cook tons of amazing food.
>>
>>7552477
i bet you think budweiser is the best beer and that any cheese past sharp cheddar is too fancy
>>
>>7552234
I'm very wary of potluck food because of people like me who do things like this >>7552540
>>
File: 1437940886846.jpg (37 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
1437940886846.jpg
37 KB, 625x416
>old job
>would have pot lucks regularly
>every month boss would hand out treats in honor of people who had birthdays that month
>annual chili cook-off
>usually something good at all these events
>get laid off by corporate
>move, find new job
>everyone is an asshole
>they've only had one pot luck in half a year
>skipped it because I hate all of them
>>
>>7552234
I don't do our office potlucks any more because I got tired of either no one making anything decent after I actually went out of my way or people signing up and not actually bringing anything. Sometimes when my folks make me go to shul, there is often a potluck at my parents house, but everything is super orthodox and boring.
>>
>>7552254

you have issues
>>
>>7552252
>50% bring KFC or Bojangles

what kind of loser would bring fast food to a potluck? does that actually happen?
>>
>>7552477
That'd be brilliant where I work, if people knew how to cook. Most do not.

And 90% of it would be some form of curry, because half the people in the department are nepalese. The rest are english, eastern european, or african. I'm not sure where specifically because asking would be awkward and some of them speak better english than I do. Especially the africans.
>>
I don't do potlucks. I don't know who's coughing into the food, scratching their ass and not washing their hands, or letting their grubby kids get involved. 88% of it is basic ass out of the box midwestern shit anyway.
>>
>>7554087
Oh, you don't "do" potlucks? I'm sure you're getting invited to all kinds of potlucks that you have to turn down because they're so beneath you. Asshat
>>
>>7552234
They are awesome. I always take really large casseroles. The last one I made was a type of "hashbrown" casserole with a sauce made from butter, 1/2-1/2, cheese, etc. then poured over and mixed into the potatoes and baked. Really good.
>>
What can I bring to potlucks that costs less than a dollar entirely? With a weekly food budget of $10, I avoid potlucks like it were SARS.
>>
>>7554061
The directors, VPs and those with money but no time tend to order pizza, Popeye's and other fast food. It's pretty awesome, actually.
>>
>>7554116
The only pot luck i need is my mom going to micky dees for fries and then wendies for nuggets and then a&w for burgers.
>>
>>7554146
A loaf of fresh bread or garlic bread, maybe a really simple pasta salad.
>>
>>7554116
Now what's got you so mad, friend? Not enough people wanting to eat your Rice Krispies squares? Enjoy your garbage on a plate.
>>
My old job was awesome for potlucks. We had them fairly regularly and had worked out spreadsheets of who'se turn it was to bring stuff because if we all pitched in we had too much food (and even then we usually ended up email other departments and getting them to come get plates).

Preserved lemon tagine, Vietnamese noodles, smoked salmon, canolies, salad... everyone would bring something delicious, we never had anyone just cheap out. One time my boss (who was a very strong willed Portuguese lady) ordered Portuguese chicken for her contribution.. the restaurant fucked up her order (they gave it to someone else) so she very calmly walked to her office, closed the door and proceeded to yell at them for 10 minutes in Portuguese... we had enough chicken to feed an army 15 minutes later.

I miss that team.
>>
>>7552252
>what is making a list
seriously guys just make a sign up list and tell them put what there bringing next to there, if there is more than two people trying to bring the same thing ask them to bring something else. Also no more than 4 people to bring sodas.
>>
>>7554198
this guy gets it
>>
>>7552234
Looks like 3 different ethnicities all took a shit on your plate
>>
>>7552655
I know this feel, anon. I hope we find jobs with people like our old work.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.