[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do soft cheeses last? I bought a whole wheel of camemebert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: THICK.jpg (70 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
THICK.jpg
70 KB, 555x416
How long do soft cheeses last? I bought a whole wheel of camemebert back in march, and it's supposed to go bad this saturday, but does it really?
>>
>>7550643
Expiration dates are usually far before the food actually goes bad. Eat it until it makes you feel sick
>>
>>7550643
Tbh senpai I wouldn't risk it with cheese. I don't fuck with that.
>>
It doesn't go bad, it just ripens.

When it's too ripe for your tastes get rid of it.
>>
not really worth the risk with soft cheeses, you could eat some as soon as you open the rind but after that, pitch it
>>
>>7550682
Isn't that only true when stored at cellar temperatures? I think I read somewhere that fridge storage, while slowing the overall ripening process, also gives more harmful molds a chance to gain the upper hand.
>>
>>7550643
Cut into it and see. If it starts to get too runny, tastes too much of ammonia, or has severe discolouration just beneath the rind then it's time to get rid of it.
>>
>>7550643
wtf cheese is in that picture? has that been heated or something? I don't think it's supposed to be that runny.

Aslo as long as there's no mould or it doesn't smell like it'll kill you, you should be fine. Just don't eat it if it tastes funny or you're scared.
>>
>>7550754
It can be that runny. It gets runnier as it ages.
>>
>>7550754
>>7550759
It's been baked.
>>
>>7550759
You are lying, why do you try to ruse me? Do you really need my attention that much? Well you've got it know buddy and let me tell you, this is going to end pleasantly. I'm so lonely can we please hug? I just want to feel human contact. I just don't want to be alone anymore.
>>
>>7550767
http://curd-nerd.com/how-to-monitor-your-camembert-ripening/
>>
>>7550643
She'll be right mate. If you get any unwanted mould on it, just cut it off.
>>
>>7550643
If you haven't opened it yet it should be fine, otherwise you have a week or so from the time you opened it.
>>
>>7550815
uh oh, really? the package didn't mention that. it's been opened since I bought it.
>>
>>7550822
It's still good unless you see some discoloration/mold.
>>
>>7550754
All I can say is try this cheese in a french stick with bacon. Its heaven
>>
>>7550643
don't eat it cold.. take it out of the fridge 1-2 hours before!

when he is too ripen, you don't need to eat the rind/mold

only when you see black or green mold throw it away.
>>
USE

YOUR

SENSES

YOUR

FUCKING

NOSE

NOT

A

UKRAINIAN

ANIMATION

TUTORIAL
>>
>>7551264
>using the [nationality] [blank] [blank] meme
>hitting return twice at the end of every post
Go back to where you came from, faggot.
>>
>>7551382

>I have absolutely nothing to say so I'll make this post to give myself the illusion I am creating valuable input on a South American cake decorating olympiad

have a (you)

it's

on

the

house
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.