[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you bake pumpkin pie properly? I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
How the fuck do you bake pumpkin pie properly? I've never had trouble baking, but pumpkin pie I just do not understand. My problem is the consistency. It comes out goopy after 10 mins 425F, 45 minutes 350F. I let it cool, then fridge it and it's still goopy. Only once did I get it to be firm but I used a shit ton of corn starch solution. Help? I want firm pumpkin pie
>>
>pumpkin pie

is it thanksgiving already?
>>
>>7550591
It's just something I want to be able to do properly

also atheists 1 god 0
>>
I assume you're using a 9 in pan? How much sugar are you using?

I used between 2/3 and 1 cup of sugar mixed with evaporated milk (don't use condensed milk).
>>
What's your go-to recipe look like? You do include eggs and evaporated milk, right?
>>
>>7550572
>shit ton of corn starch

Are you making some vegan pie? All you need is eggs to firm things up.

This recipe has worked for me twice. http://foodwishes.blogspot.ca/2012/11/best-pumpkin-pie-ever-come-for-pie-stay.html

Also could try just baking the pie longer. Tent it with foil if it the crust starts to get to brown.
>>
>>7550640

2 eggs
5 oz can evaporated milk
1 can pumpkin
2/3 cup sugar (orig recipe called for 1 cup)
>1/4 tsp salt
>spices

I think that's it. I might go a little longer with the baking time than you.... like 15 min at 425, 55 at 350... but I'm pretty sloppy with the time cause I don't mind if I end up with slightly overbaked pie.
>>
>>7550659
That looks decent, try adding a tablespoon of flour to your dry ingredients and bake at 400 for 50 minutes.
>>
I had the same issue, just gave up trying "real" recipes, now just use the Eagle condensed milk recipe online or on can, add one extra egg to their recipe. Firm pumpkin pie ensues.
>>
>>7550572
Ialways wanted to make some, Igot it to set OK (could have been better)

but the amount of sugar is completely unreasonable, combines with the volume of condensed milk

like what the actual fuck, it makes it completely inedible, and I can't get it to set any other way
>>
>>7550659
>puts in evaporated milk, but no activated almonds
There's your problem, OP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.