[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strange breakfasts from around the world The japanese start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: tamago3.gif (3 MB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
tamago3.gif
3 MB, 675x900
Strange breakfasts from around the world

The japanese start their day with a bowl of rice and a raw egg in it
>>
Your mom starts with my dick in her ass.
>>
I thought they ate plain toast while running to school because they woke up late.
>>
File: Neat.gif (204 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
Neat.gif
204 KB, 500x491
>>7549397

>>7549410
>>
>>7549397
Important to note that the hot rice is supposed to cook the egg after stirring. Also, that looks wrong with forks instead of chopsticks.
>>
>>7549415
they do
>>
>>7549422
Japan is one of the most advanced countries in the world. I seriously doubt they still eat with sticks.
>>
>>7549425
I don't get this "chopsticks are bad" meme around here. There is literally nothing wrong with chopsticks.
>>
>>7549436
> Im a degenerate weeb
>>
>>7549425
Pro-tip: You don't want to take a spoon or fork to properly prepared rice. A utensil with larger surface area, until the rice has become lubricated with the sauces/greases of the main dishes later in the meal, is just going mash up the fragile grain and lead to a build up of smeared rice all over the face/between the tongs. If you want to be the nasty fucker sitting there trying to lick his spoon/fork clean of sticky starches between bites, go right on I guess.
Chopsticks have less surface area for shit to stick to.
>who the fuck eats rice with sticks?
Non-shitty rice sticks together when fully cooked. Don't even need bother actuating the chopsticks in order to get a serviceable clump of rice.
>>
>>7549454
tl;dr

I still doubt it
>>
File: 1437563333582.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1437563333582.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>7549425
>>7549436
>>7549440
>>
>>7549397
No different to my porridge with a poached egg in.
>>
>>7549397
>>7549422
Also, most put soy sauce into it. It's called tamago kake gohan and is really quite delicious. I eat it occasionally.
>>
File: fdbeandfz.jpg (102 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
fdbeandfz.jpg
102 KB, 800x400
On topic:

Strange breakfast from Haiti. Mud cookies. They mix some mud, butter, and sugar, and sun bake it outside all day.

Also their lunch and dinner.
>>
>>7549759
>>7549422
It tastes like shit if the rice is not hot enough too.
Its weird
>>
>>7549454
>you need chopsticks to properly prepare rice

Even though there are fucking rice dishes from Italy to India to Nigeria?

Even though rice is pretty much eaten by everyone except for native Americans and Pacific Islanders?
>>
>>7549873
Nigerians eat with their hands. So do Indians.

I don't think they were saying that you need chopsticks, so much as that a fork is inappropriate. You have to realize that there are different types of rice as well. Some have more moisture and starch when cooked, which affects how they handle.
>>
>>7549881
What about paella?
What about risotto?
What about spanakorizo?
What about every other European rice dish?
What about American rice dishes?

What they are saying is like saying that the only proper way to use barley is to make paximadi.
>>
>>7549881
Still.

Every western dish can be eaten with either cutlery or hands. I very doubt that a dish can be rendered shitty by eating it with cutlery.
>>
>>7549892
It's amazing to watch the autism of /ck/ get triggered so hard from inconsequential things. Stop being such a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>7549960
>gets told
>"y-you're triggered"
Good retort anon I'm learning a lot from reading this conversation
>>
>>7549415
in the name of my dad, i'll punish you!
>>
File: yumm.jpg (109 KB, 1057x792) Image search: [Google]
yumm.jpg
109 KB, 1057x792
>>7549767
>tfw this is unironically true

>>7549415
What Cambodian cartoon is that from?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.