[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turkish Coffee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: Türk_Kahvesi_-_Bakir_Cezve.jpg (98 KB, 2000x2317) Image search: [Google]
Türk_Kahvesi_-_Bakir_Cezve.jpg
98 KB, 2000x2317
do you /turk/ ck?

I've always enjoyed turkish coffee at kebab turkish restaurants or kebab houses, but have been starting to making it at home. Just bought some african coffee beans from the supermarket, set their grinder to "turkish", added in some cinnamon, cardamon and star anise, and now I have a bag of the shit good to go. Even froths up when you add it to boiling water, just like it should. I've ordered a cezve, should be hilarious to make coffee in one of those.
>>
Wow I should proofread my posts. I sound like English wasn't my first language.
>>
>>7548013
I always liked this coffee, its rich tasting and if you add equal parts milk takes on a chocolate milk taste. Only bad thing is, takes some getting use to, stuff can make you run to the toilet.
>>
File: turk in a jar.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
turk in a jar.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>
>>7548013
What's the difference between Turkish and Greek coffee?
>>
>>7548013
I bought a cezve and made it, but it was just too gritty and flat tasting, Almost musty.
I put this down to the fact that I was buying pre-ground coffee from Turkish markets.

I have a bean-grinder, but it would probably burn out if I tried to get it fine enough for a cezve.
Also, I think I may have thrown out my cezve.
>>
>>7549835
If you invaded Turkey from the rear do you think Greece would help?
>>
>>7549879
Was that an answer?
>>
File: Turgay_photo1.jpg (4 MB, 4259x2664) Image search: [Google]
Turgay_photo1.jpg
4 MB, 4259x2664
>>7549835
Greek people decided they didn't like Turkey, and renamed it to Greek Coffee.

Its understandable, the ottoman empire did some very naughty things.

>>7549853
I bought fresh beans at the supermarket, set the grinder to "turkish" and it tastes amazing. added some cardamon, cinnamon and star anise. Keeps my up all fucking night lol
>>
>>7548013
I used to try to make this but I could never get it right. I always fucking followed videos instructions to the letter and it never fucking worked right.
>>
>>7548013
hello turk here

I don't like it at all, but that's just me
>>
>>7550867
Turey support isis
>>
>>7548279
I think you meant Armenian
>>
>>7550864
It's very simple. I make about 10 each day for my parents. Get the coffee pot, pour in ONE table spoon of coffee for each person (good amount of coffee in each spoon, a "hill" if you will) and then pour about 1/4 table spoon sugar for each sugar. Add one cup of water for each person and put it on the stove. Don't crank it up though. Let it run on the medium intensity. All while, stir the pot almost every minute. Once you see the bubbles forming on the side stay alert and as soon as you see the coffee starting to rise up take it off the stove. The trick is to not let it boil, but get very close to it.

There is also a trick for pouring it to make sure each person gets equal "cream". Pour 3/4 on each cup first and then go backwards pouring in the remaining 1/4 on each. This way all cups will have that "cream" on top.

I can make a video if you'll like.

Also if you'd like recommendation, I've found the Edna coffee to be the best
>>
>>7550894
sure y teh fuk not id like 2 see it
>>
>>7548013
It would be better if there weren't shit tons of grounds in my fucking cup. That shit is nasty.
>>
>>7548013
My parents are Syrian this is what we do

>and in 3rabi it's raqweh not cezve

>no bullshit coffee ground to "Turkish". it may work but you want this <pic related>. It's really fine, more than the 'Turkish' setting on my grocers grinder.
>no cinnamon
>no star anise <wtf is this>

>put water in raqweh
>bring to a boil
>add coffee, matters how much you want. I would say for a .5L you want 4 heaping tablespoons
>stir slightly and bring to boil
>allow to froth but not to overflow. you can remove from the heat
>repeat until coffee has settled to the bottom and is not too frothy
>add sugar and cardamon
>sit for a bit to settle coffee

>pour and enjoy.

dont drink the last bits but use it to tell your fortune.
>>
>>7548279
>>7549835
Both of you took it from the Arabs.

Arabs were smart enough to export it from East Africa.

Coffee is an Arabic word too. Qaweh
>>
>>7550883
>armeniroach """"""""""""""coffee""""""""""""
>not based ordained-by-God Macedonian coffee
>>
>>7550795
>I bought fresh beans at the supermarket, set the grinder to "turkish" and it tastes amazing. added some cardamon, cinnamon and star anise. Keeps my up all fucking night lol
>>7549853
>I have a bean-grinder, but it would probably burn out if I tried to get it fine enough for a cezve.

Maybe it's fine enough, but for me only buying preground turkish coffee is the most fine I've ever seen. It's like powered sugar fine.
>>
>>7548013
if it don't have Arabic on it, it's not worth it.

>My setup
>Industrial strength raqweh/cezve
>>
File: real_3rabi.jpg (73 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
real_3rabi.jpg
73 KB, 960x960
>>7552021
forgot to attach pic
>>
>>7552025
That Tazah is some __fresh__ stuff right there
>>
>>7548013
No its shit
Tastes like mud
>>
>>7552052
you're mudshit
>>
>>7552025
I'll buy this brand next time I'm at the market. I usually pick up Bravo which is from Greece.
>>
>>7552202
this brand is good too >>7551998 the green one already has cardamon in it. I don't like it, I like to add my own
>>
File: 1440771833540.jpg (354 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440771833540.jpg
354 KB, 1600x1200
>>7550894
I would enjoy seeing the video too.
>>
>>7550795
>>7552002
But at the store I saw "Greek" coffee and "Turkish" coffee as separate products and they were made by the same company.
>>
Can I make turkish coffee in a small saucepan or do I need a cezve to make it? The pan I have is only slightly bigger than a cezve.
>>
>>7552002
And Arabs stole it from Ethiopia.
>>
File: 1451341571275.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451341571275.png
444 KB, 800x600
>/ck/ discussing anything related to t*rkroaches

you guys can eff right off
>>
>>7548013

I like this approach. It's a good compromise between a machine brewed espresso and a moka pot.
>>7552830
Yea, you can, anon.

I use one of those stainless steel milk cup things you get for frothing milk for an espresso machine.
>>
>>7551973
>>7552278

Here you go buddies. Sorry if it's not very good.

vid dot me/LfNG
>>
>>7553412
just substitute "turkish" with "greek" because greek coffee is the exact same thing
>>
>>7553677
> Calling Armenian coffee, Greek coffee

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>7553642
he actually did it, the absolute madman
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.