[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/ rate my shopping list. I'm trying to eat healthier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160407_073413365.jpg (3 MB, 2952x5248) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160407_073413365.jpg
3 MB, 2952x5248
Hey /ck/ rate my shopping list. I'm trying to eat healthier food and lose a little weight. Any recommendations that I should add/remove from the list? Keep in mind that I'm in college and super poor
>>
Not too bad. Handwriting a shit though.
>>
>>7547642
bears are great for your health
>>
Did you make up your mind on the sweet potatoes yet? I say go for it.
>>
>>7547660
The question mark is just because I've never cooked sweet potatoes before. Got a good recipe?
>>
>>7547642
eh, honestly just cooking all your meals from scratch, or near enough, by itself makes a huge difference to the state of your health. Just by doing that you're skipping out the ridiculous amount of salt you get in pre-made food.

now that it's coming into Spring, I've switched from making warming meaty Winter food to lots of soups, minestrone, pasta dishes, wraps etc. buying vegetables in bulk and using them all up on different dishes throughout the next couple weeks.

my recommendation for cheap shit is to make a lot of one-pot dishes such as soups and stews, things like that, so you can make tons of portions for very little money. Also Just make sure you have at least a couple decent sized pots so you have a fresh one to use while the other is storing something.
>>
use that college education to spell broccoli right
>>
>>7547685
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. You do not store things in the pot you cooked it in. That is why they made storage containers. There is no reason I should ever go to look for a pan I have in mind and can't find it and it's in the fridge storing something that was cooked in it. If you do this, shame on you.
>>
>>7547711
are you autistic?

it's easier to just keep food in the pan it was cooked in rather than having to switch out perfectly measured portions into containers, then put them back into the pan when you want to eat it. Just store the whole damn thing in the pot you cooked it in then bring it back out to reheat it.
>>
>>7547722
LOOK MOM 14 STEEL POTS IN MY FRIDGE AREN'T YOU PROUD. EACH ONE CONTAINS LEFT OVERS I HAVE TO ADD LIQUID TO AND DILUTE UPON REHEATING IN HOPES THE NODDLES OR BEANS OR ANYTHING ELSE DON'T GET SOGGY WITH THE WHOLE REHEATING IN THE PAN ON THE STOVE ISSUE! I'M FINALLY AN ADULT!
>>
>>7547642
Quinoa is pretty expensive cousin. Imo you're getting enough protein from the meat.
>>
>>7547727
Just look at how mad you're getting. Obviously you don't store things such as pasta in a pan, that would be retarded. If you're making chili or some soup, why not just leave it in the pan? It's easy, but I guess if some people have issues with keeping everything perfectly organised and clean, then you do that pal.
>>
>>7547664
I don't make much with them, but apparently they're pretty versatile. You can make fries with them? Oven fries if you want to stay healthy?
>>
>>7547733
Or just replace quinoa with lentils if you want another form of protein. Much cheaper.
>>
File: 1459449897992.png (574 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
1459449897992.png
574 KB, 706x706
>>7547722
>eating leftovers that have been sitting in your fridge in an unsealed container
>>
>>7547642
Looks good anon. I'd recommend adding about 15 limes
>>
>>7547742
Are you certain he can hold that many limes?
>>
Eggs are unhealthy, so those have to go.

Tuna is full of mercury, has to go.

Quinoa is way too expensive and tastes bad, get another hipster grain instead (millet and roasted buckwheat are better)

Get fish instead of ground beef.
>>
>>7547754
>Get fish instead of ground beef

What about the mercury?
>>
>>7547735
Leaving it in the saucepan is fucking retarded man. Just put it in containers in your fridge or freezer or kill yourself
>>
it looks like you skimmed a pinterest search for "clean eating"

but it still looks legit. good luck op
>>
>>7547757
Not the guy you replied to, but mercury concentrations are safer the lower down the food chain you go. Tuna is near the top, as are sharks and some other aggressive fish, and those are generally where you get yourself into trouble with mercury.
>>
>>7547754
Eggs are fine.
>>
>>7548059
>get yourself into trouble with mercury.

will the meme's ever end??
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.