[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blue cheese is the literal best night time snack there is. Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: mmm.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Blue cheese is the literal best night time snack there is. Not only does it taste incredible, but if you eat a decent ammount it gives you a nice warm very mild opiate like buzz. On top of that it noticably enhances your dreams and makes them alot crazier then usual, just like opiates do. If you read up on it theres actually a science behind why you get a mild high from it, and cheese in general. Although I find blue cheese gets you noticably higher then all other cheeses.

Anyone else enjoy this food drug before bed?
>>
>>7546306

>opiate buzz
>crazy dreams
>mild high

This is news to me, and I've made blue cheese from scratch.
Off to Google that now...
>>
>>7546386
Apparently Casomorphines. I really doubt you could eat enough to get any noticable high, OP is just on that placebo
>>
>>7546397
Not if you have it with a glass of Port.
>>
>>7546397

Yes, I see that now.
It's just like with lactucarium in lettuce.
Fascinating!
>>
I love blue cheese, but always seem to have itchy tonsils and a runny nose the day after eating it. I don't have problems with other dairy, so I guess it's some sort of allergic reaction to the mould.
>>
>>7546417

It's in the same family as penicillium.
Check with your GP come your next physical exam.
>>
>>7546420
Well, I'll make a note of it, but I don't plan on going to the doctor for a few years.

But you never know, I might get lucky and become drastically ill before I forget about this.
>>
>>7546322

>I don't really like that part

Thats the best part bro! Also I was going to say when I drink a decent ammount then eat blue cheese I can deffinately feel that buzz from the blue cheese alot stronger. The alcohol must amplify the high just like it amplifies pretty much every other drug
>>
>>7546434

Just avoid penicillin and anything that can trigger that allergy.
Relevant story: I was dating a girl and running a blue cheese 'lab' in my basement months before it finally came to light she was allergic to penicillin.
Whoops!
>>
>>7546397

its not a placebo. its not like a in your face high like any drug you would do. more like a very subtle euphoric mood boost it most certainly is not a placebo. and neither are the enhanced dreams.
>>
>>7546444

Could also be from how much of it your eating. I dont ever eat anywhere near a quarter pound, even without alcohol , and still get a subtle buzz off it.
>>
>>7546444

>drank while taking certain psychiatric medications

Not a good idea.
I learned this the hard way.

(BTW, are you part Danish?)
>>
File: 87425t9804980985049285.jpg (13 KB, 212x193) Image search: [Google]
87425t9804980985049285.jpg
13 KB, 212x193
>>7546322
>>eating a quarter pound of cheese in one sitting
>>
>>7546306
Op, if you're female I've found that touching my cooch before I handle the blue cheese is sufficient to get an opiate high started.
>>
>>7546473

I am really trying to understand what you mean by this but I can't. Your saying touching your vag gives you an opiate buzz? Then you eat blue cheese to enhance it?
>>
>>7546494

>I'm probably not who you are wondering if I am.

This is my first time back in years, so I probably wouldn't know who you are anyway.
Just giving a potential fellow Scandinavian a heads-up about SSRIs making us crazy (Danish-Norwegian here).

And, yes, I chose alcohol over the meds.
>>
>>7546519

There's a gene mutation prevalent in Danes and Nords that acts as a natural SSRI.
Obviously, mixing that feature and prescription SSRIs is a recipe for disaster.
It does, however, explain why they're the happiest people on the planet.
>>
>>7546306
>Work out which chemical in the cheese gives the opiate feel/dreams
>Extract it

Has anyone done this before?
>>
>>7546537

Keep refining your search terms.

Here's the first relevant returns I received:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/danish_dna_could/

http://www.medicaldaily.com/happiest-place-earth-danes-key-happiness-may-be-linked-gene-mutation-influencing-serotonin-levels

Eh, that should convey the point...
>>
>>7546594

Sounds familiar.
Sorry to hear that.
I cut back on the booze and took a holistic approach to mental health.
You'd be surprised how much impact diet, exercise and sleep reform can have over mental health when taken together as a whole.
>>
>>7546469
I've eaten a pound of brie on several occasions
>>
>>7546446
>>7546397
this seems likely, when I'm in a shitty mood, spicy food noticably does it for me. you can tell when you are already upset and you start eating, first, your body starts to think everythings better because if you are eating you must not be in danger, but also spicy food is addictive to us because it releases endorphins and gives you a small high, not noticable when you're already in a good mood. but if you are ever pissed the fuck off. try to stop steamng for two seconds, throw together a spicy authentic carnita taco, slam a couple back (the tacos, not alcohol), and see how you feel
>>
>>7546445
I think it's possible to be allergic to one and not the other
I think they change something, or at least increase the dose when it's made into a drug
>>
>>7546475
Is your fedora sponsored by Maytag
>>
>>7546322
It's one of those things that's fine until it's not

Then you find yourself pacing around or taking showers and drinking water to normalize but you can't shake it.

Eventually you pass out at 5 am from stress and wake up at 7:45 going "that wasn't so bad"
>>
>>7546445
>running a blue cheese 'lab' in my basement
Fascinating. Care to elaborate? how did you get your blue mold? did it resist to contamination?
>>
>>7546957
Spicy food makes me feel fucking amazing when I'm sober too. I love it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.