[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That one friend who has a picky taste
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 22
File: 1459720229398.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459720229398.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
>Refuses to eat anything with Tomato or Yogurt
I wanna beat the shit out of this guy every time I dine with him
>>
I have s friend who says he hasn't drank plain water in 2 years. Everything is sweetened or has another ingredient.
>>
File: smh.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>go traveling
>doesn't eat any local cuisine or delicacies
truly a cuck of the highest order
>>
File: 1459677354646.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1459677354646.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>7536511
i went on a date with a girl who says she doesn't eat meat, i wanted to leave on the spot
>>
>>7536538
>mom won't eat soup
>won't eat broccoli or cauliflower or brussel sprouts
>won't eat celery
>won't eat anything even remotely spicy
>won't eat pork that's not well done
I'm gonna go full Norman Bates some day.
>>
>>7536560
Norman, move out of mom's basement before it's too late
>>
>>7536511
I don't have friends like that. If I know somebody like that, I cut them off before they have a chance to be my friend. These people aren't worth associating with. Let them stick to their own kind.
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>7536511

I used to be picky as a kid all the way until I left home to join the military.

I guess after basic training, I didn't really give a fuck what I ate. Probably because they only gave us like 3 minutes to scarf down everything on the plate so you really didn't taste much. It took me years to break that habit and enjoy a meal.
>>
I've asked a friend out for sushi a few times over the past few years because I keep forgetting they hate all seafood. Kind of a bummer because we usually drop Japanese altogether after they remind me, but it's not like they can't order something non-fish.
>>
Honestly, the best way to deal with that is to just not care. Go to a place with all your friends and if they can't be happy but the rest of you are, they will eventually feel bad. Stick it to picky eaters by visibly enjoying the shit they don't want to eat in their fucking faces while they have mac and cheese again for the 12th day in a row
>>
everyone on /ck/ except me it seems
>>
I refuse to eat okra

disgusting slimy pieces of filth
>>
File: DISGUST.jpg (171 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
DISGUST.jpg
171 KB, 1200x900
>At a Chinese Restaurant
>Friend orders nothing but chicken wings
>Asks for buffalo sauce
>>
File: 1264816371713.jpg (97 KB, 418x384) Image search: [Google]
1264816371713.jpg
97 KB, 418x384
>I hate water
>>
File: ckpls.gif (51 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ckpls.gif
51 KB, 800x800
>>
What places are you going to where everything is served with tomatoes or yogurt?
>>
File: B3J1thi.jpg (217 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
B3J1thi.jpg
217 KB, 1500x1125
I knew a girl in middle school that basically lived off chicken tenders/nuggets and ketchup. Rarely saw her eat anything else. I pressed her about it once and she basically told me that it was all she ate besides other basic stuff like mac'n'cheese and spaghetti.

Kinda makes sense that she was nearly 6ft tall in middle school. All that hormone-laden chicken at every meal will do things to a growing human.
>>
File: 1445146241994.jpg (24 KB, 635x475) Image search: [Google]
1445146241994.jpg
24 KB, 635x475
>tfw I love tomatoes, onions and mushrooms
>tfw the texture from how they are cooked completely turn me off

I am sorry guys.
>>
>>7538479
more for me lol
>>
I can't eat cheese, it makes me react like that obese woman sniffing broccoli. I've tried to man up and eat a pizza or lasagna or something but I throw up everytime. The smell and creaminess always gets me. I want to eat to be normal because I've excluded myself from a fuck ton of tasty meals.
>>
File: 1459730372553.png (62 KB, 1190x229) Image search: [Google]
1459730372553.png
62 KB, 1190x229
I knew a whole family that couldn't stand drinking plain water and always had to have some lemon or cucumber to go with it.
>>
>>7538527
>gets fat
>wants to eat cupcakes and sweets for breakfast
>can't commit to exercise or drinking water to make up for shitty food
>decides to put laxatives in her soda thinking she'll shit the calories
What a dumb bitch she is. And to make her stupidity PUBLIC at that.
>>
>>7538527
>can't drink plain water
I've never understood this. Water tastes of little to nothing. It's like the most neutral you can get.
>>
>>7538591
Like I can understand if the tap water is something a la Flint, Michigan or otherwise not very good, but where I'm at the tap water arguably tastes better than something commercially bottled.

I've heard the argument that it's because water has no flavor that people don't drink it.
>>
>>7538464
bells&evans looks like best pick there
>>
>>7538591
People raised on food laden with processed sugar, added salt and lots of fats have a completely fucked pallete and psychological relationship to food.

It should be considered child abuse to feed kids that stuff regularly. They won't miss what they don't know.
>>
>>7538591
>>7538596

When you're addicted to sugary drinks like juice and cola, plain water is actually kind of unbearable and only makes you crave the sugar more.
>>
>>7538591
>tfw my water tastes heavily chlorinated
Filtering doesn't help it. Southern water is shit. I took for granted cleaner tap water when I lived up north.
>>
>>7538601
that's so weird. like I can gorge myself on greasy processed and sugary shit too, but after a day or so of that I feel disgusting and my body just craves water and fresher foods like fruits and vegetables.

I can't imagine feeling like that all the time.
>>
>>7538591
Prolly because the only water they've been exposed to is that chemical-laden city water that tastes like ass.

I love my well.
>>
>>7538599
>>7538601
to be honest, when I was younger i'd always have sugary drinks over water. not sure why i eventually made the switch, now I never drink anything else unless i'm going out.

i also know a few people who absolutely must drink carbonated stuff daily
>>
>>7538591
I suppose you COULD make that case that tap water/some bottled water have a bit of an off-taste, but realistically its practically nothing.
>>
>>7538610
Can't really crave for fresh veg if you've never eaten a fresh veg in your life bruh
>>
>>7538627
are there people like that in the world??
>>
>>7536538
Holy shit
>international day at uni
>different stalls set up, run by students of various nationalities, with free food
>go with friend
>get some lentils, rice and mystery dessert at India, it's pretty good
>she tries the dessert and immediately throws it away
>wtf why
>I didn't like it, why was it sweet??
>It was a dessert. There were raisins and almonds.
>Oh...
>takes a tiny bit of my lentils to try, not even a spoonful, enough to fit on my pinky finger
>doesn't like that either
>Taiwan has some weird pork stew, looks gross but tastes good
>She throws it away again
>France has one deviled egg left
>finally, something she'll eat
>takes one bite and tosses it out
>Anon it had tuna!
>The sign explicitly said "tuna" on it
>America has Jello, grilled cheese and sweet tea
>eats all of it
The same person congratulates me for eating vegetables.
>>
>>7538635
Oh, child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY
>>
>>7538643
I can't understand what she calls the food she ate as a kid that made her throw up and only eat cheesy potatoes.

I'm super curious. And also very disgusted.
>>
File: 1419738476265.jpg (98 KB, 789x960) Image search: [Google]
1419738476265.jpg
98 KB, 789x960
>gf is an incredibly picky eater

>dislikes pretty much everything
>refuses to eat any mexican food except "tacos", which consist of unseasoned beef, cheddar, and iceberg lettuce with "taco sauce" that legitimately tastes like french dressing
>refuses to eat chinese food
>never wants to go out to interesting places, always Friendly's or something like that
>complains that store bought mild salsa is too hot, complains everything with any spice is too hot
>hates most meat dishes

>she REALLY likes Applebee's for reasons unknown
>never been, give it a shot
>order quesadilla burger because I wanted to live on the edge and get something retarded
>expect some kind of spice, salt, flavor, something
>receive none of that, instead its just a flavorless mushy lump of ranch dressing and mcchicken-tier lettuce
>she insists its fine

how do I save her
>>
>>7538706
Save her?
Nigga save yourself!
>>
>>7538641
>international day at uni
>different stalls set up, run by students of various nationalities, with free food
>go with friend
>get some lentils, rice and a bowl of diarrhea at India, it's pretty good
>she tries the diarrhea and immediately throws it away
>wtf why
>I didn't like it, why did it taste like shit??
>It was diarrhea. There were raisins and almonds.
>Oh...
ftfy
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1242x2208
>younger brother just got back from London, Paris, and Madrid.
>ask him how the food was
>"it all sucked"
>mfw
>>
>>7538706
>>7538641
>>7538615
>>7538591
>>7538584
Poor people and flyovers, anon, poor people and flyovers...
>>
File: deathhead.png (18 KB, 91x101) Image search: [Google]
deathhead.png
18 KB, 91x101
>>7538706
>how do I save her
Take her to the vet and have her put down.
>>
>>7538726
Thanks, I don't know how I could have possibly made that mistake
>>
>>7538706
take her on a surprise date to a restaurant that has none of the things she likes.

if she responds in any other way besides at least trying something reluctantly, leave her there and never look back.
>>
>>7538711
this familia
>>
>>7536544
I've dated four vegetarians.
The first was awful. Used to ask me if I'd eaten meat that day and nearly every time we were together she was so drunk she didn't remember it which is why she was fat.
Second was her best friend who was way more relaxed and better looking. Offered her a Wine Gum once which didn't go down well.
Third was crazy in the sack.
Fourth wasn't as crazy but had way more kinks and fetishes.

>>7538374
>tell friend about Chinese buffet place
>his parents invite me along when they go
>they have the widest choice of food they can
>friend has nothing but chips with ketchup and chicken wings as everything else was "too saucy"
He's nowhere near as bad these days though.
>>
>>7538840
>intentionally put significant other into a situation where they would be very uncomfortable so that you have an excuse to dump them
If he wanted to dump her, he would just do it.
>>7538706
Have you tried asking her to try new shit? That tends to work out in some way. If you two care about each other enough then she'll at least give your shit a shot in which case you can help her start to branch out. If she doesn't even attempt then you can consider dumping her as it could be indicative of other problems.
>>
>>7539659
You basically gave the same advice teebeeaych. Also, it's pretty clear that anon has already tried to get her to try new things
>refuses to eat any mexican food except "tacos"
>refuses chinese food
>never wants to go anywhere new
>complains about spiced food
>hates meat dishes
And has gone as far to try what she likes to accomodate even though its gross
>Applebees

It's an unbalanced relationship where anon will find himself time and time again compromising to her whims, possibly eventually deciding to leave her at home while he goes out to eat with people who are willing to try things, which is something that never works out, and their relationship will continue to degrade.

Dining out and eating together is a pretty big aspect of dating and relationships, if you don't have the same tastes or aren't willing to branch out, friction occurs. You really should talk to her like an adult and address your concerns about how she eats instead of bitching about it on the food network channel of a tibetan tv syndicate.
>>
>>7538745
>London, Paris, and Madrid.
>"it all sucked"
He's right you know.
>>
>>7538643
>8,000 calories a day

lmao fuck
>>
>friend acts like he's got a flesh eating disease if he sees a vegetable
Doesn't matter what it is. He won't eat it if it has vegetables. The closest he ever gets to eating tomatoes is marinara sauce.

He also thinks reading during down time is for boring slow people.
>>
>>7539159
Who fucks better. fat or skinny
>>
>>7539908
Male or female?
>>
>friend is obese
>complains about not wanting to be fat
>stubbornly refuses to eat or even try anything that isn't fast food burgers, pizza and potato chips
>only drinks softdrinks
>goes to chinese refuses to eat anything but honey chicken
>>
A friend of mine is a picky eater and is incredibly elitist about it. Who can be proud to say that they live exclusively off of chicken nuggets, bread, and candy?
>>
>>7539858
>He also thinks reading during down time is for boring slow people.
Look. This friend with the eating disorder. Gotta just suck it up and realize that not everyone is like you. They're not all going to be high IQ, average IQ, or even well-adjusted. Some subset of society, let's say 5% has multiple disorders. As you mature, you'll spot the signs easier, maybe your first Psych 101 class, or a few self-help books, and you'll start to spot the dysfunctionals out there. I suggest you run from them all. Makes your life easier. If they are family, then well, tolerate them in small doses, but keep your distance.

This guy? Calling readers boring and not eating vegetables at all??? Classic borderline personality disorder. Go read up on that, and then take a look at him, and see if you don't agree. (Hint: picky eaters that do that as a teen or older are all borderline, but most diagnoses are concomitant with 1-2 other disorders too).
>>
File: 1459813432900.jpg (23 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1459813432900.jpg
23 KB, 300x245
>>7539955
>>7539966

nice
>>
>>7538745
Try visiting London, Paris, and Madrid. Their food really does suck for the most part.
>>
>>7539967
Picky eating has nothing to do with bpd, you dipshit. Where would you even get that notion?
>>
>>7539955
I have a friend who was the same way for years. Then she decided that instead of bettering herself, she was going to be a "bbw" for the rest of her life and go out of her way to be triggered by skinny people and vegetables.
>>
>>7538464
Trader Joe's and Bell & Evans packin tha white meat, Weaver doesn't even look natural.
>>
>>7539659
>If you two care about each other
>caring about a woman
top kek! you're all idiots and only good for pumping money into the economy.

where do I find quality women?
>>
>>7539966
How is he elitist about it?
I'm trying to imagine this and I just can't.
>>
>>7539997
>Picky eating has nothing to do with bpd, you dipshit. Where would you even get that notion?
It's a quite commonly known correlation. Read up novice!
>>
File: 1444546103858.gif (1 MB, 326x256) Image search: [Google]
1444546103858.gif
1 MB, 326x256
>>7540099
>>
>>7536511
>one friend that "sees" a difference in Chinese food restaurants
>>
>>7539966
>living off of tendies and candy
he's not "being" elitist, he IS elite.

how's it feel to be a pleb, anon?
>>
>>7536511
POO

IN

LOO
>>
File: letsgoboys.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
letsgoboys.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>7536511
oc
>>
>>7538609
Chlorine evaporates at room temperature. Fill up a pot, leave it out, then put it in a pitcher in your fridge. Worked when I lived in Chicago.
>>
>>7540110
Google search returned shit about general eating disorders being somewhat common in cases of bpd, but nothing about picky eating specifically. Source, or you're full of it my man.
>>
>>7540099
She acts like a snob towards healthy eaters. Mostly comments about how disgusting their food is. She openly mocks people who enjoy bitter foods, for instance. Girl's a basketcase.
>>
>>7540110
i have borderline and im definitely not a picky eater. fuck thats one of the only things thats not wrong with me
>>
>>7540126
Pretty good, actually. Like I don't have constant joint pain :^)
>>
>>7540296
I can understand that if its like those knob vegans who eat disgusting bullshit all day because "muh healthies", but if its just "thats disgusting that they eat any vegetable ever" then thats over the top.
>>
>>7538479
I hate raw mushrooms, but like then when they are cooked. My brother is exactly the other way around, good planning by my parents.
>>
>>7540135
breddy gud
>>
Girl im seeing can't stand the texture of onions, says it makes her gag.
She also doesn't like tomato for the same reason, but also that she feels tomato overpowers other flavors.
I know i can cook food using this ingredients that so far have been popular with every single person i've made it for, but she doesn't want to entertain the idea.

Any solutions to help her get past her food aversion? She's always willing to try new things, it's literally just this onion and tomato thing.
>>
ITT: autists
>>
I never eat shit that I've never tried before, is that really so wrong?
>>
>>7540877
But you can only try by eating
>>
>>7538641
>international food day at school
>work for the catering people who help the various student groups set up
>eat my weight in some korean rice ball thing and some african lemonade with black pepper
Easily the best day working there.
>>
>>7540110
>Read up novice!

I died laughing. Who says this?
>>
>>7536524
How the fuck can someone be like that? Water is Literally the easiest thing to drink(unless you're from California ;^)
>>
>>7539159
In his defense, Chinese Buffets are absolute diarrhea inducing shit.
>>
File: tell me about it.jpg (363 KB, 899x571) Image search: [Google]
tell me about it.jpg
363 KB, 899x571
>>7538343
> Stick it to picky eaters by visibly enjoying the >shit they don't want to eat in their fucking faces

I don't think you know how picky eating works man.
>>
File: angry.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>7541106
DELET THIS
>>
>>7541106
I used to be incapable of drinking water. It made me gag, hated the taste.

I eventually got over it by only drinking water at the gym, just sips at first. Started drinking more without realising. Now I can down litres no problem.
>>
>>7536560
You're going to fuck your mom then kill her?
>>
I can't eat anything from an animal that is not above roomtemp. Grosses me out.
>>
>>7541387
Not even bottled water?

I know that some tap water retains a mineraly taste that can be kinda gross.
>>
>>7541412
No water at all.

I can drink any water now, barring sparkling. I hate carbonated drinks. I usually only drink tap water.
>>
>>7541430
So if you ever exercised did you just drink gatorade?
>>
>>7540877
How aren't you dead lmao
>>
>>7541440
No, I never really exercised, but the thing is, it was easier to drink water if I was thirsty.

I only ever drank diluted apple juice, or milk.

Now it's either water, or milk.
>>
>am an incredibly picky eater

Well, time to die.
>>
>>7538751
In other words, you.
>>
>>7541396
I don't think he ever actually fucked his mom, he just be and obsessed with her. I don't know, I haven't seen it in a while, and I've only seen the first one.
>>
I live in Oregon, where water is pretty great quality outta the tap in most areas, but we still get those people who don't drink water. I don't get it at all.
>>
>>7536511
>work in engineering group
>Indian vegetarian joins
>complains everytime we go out for lunch at a place that doesn't have enough veggie options
>'fuck you'; no more invites; eat alone

being a picky little bitch is a poor way to make friends
>>
File: 1445690769691.png (18 KB, 540x551) Image search: [Google]
1445690769691.png
18 KB, 540x551
>>7540110
>knew two people with bpd
>also horrible picky eaters

I'd buy it honestly
>>
>>7536511
i hate beans and lintels on account of thier consistency.
>>
>>7536511
Whenever my family goes to a buffet they will only go for burgers, pizza, fries, and some other fried foods.
>>
>>7538751
At least I don't need to import my water :^)
>>
>poor friend who eats only microwave food and thinks anything else is dumb and gross, etc. and refuses to eat anything
>trick him into eating a home made murtabak, telling him it's an offbrand hot pocket and he loves it
>reveal my ruse and instead of getting mad he gets excited and starts talking about trying different foods
I thought it was cool until he started calling me all the time asking me to make him shit he hears about in video games.
>>
>>7539992

Best food you can get in Paris is from American-style burger shops and Asian cuisine, like traditional Japanese/Chinese ones, not the meme-sushi ones.

French cuisine isn't known for being tasty and affordable at the same time, but has a few gems here and there. Try our boar steaks.
>>
>>7542482
>hating beans and lentils
Just kill yourself
>>
>>7542678

So how did the health potion turn out?
>>
>>7538444
An Indian place
>>
>>7540146
You can speed up the process by shaking the container.
>>
>>7538745
Having been to all three several times, and living in the outskirts of London for 6 years, I would say that most restaurants have really low standards and cater to tourists which they assume won't be coming back anyway.

Overall: Paris > London > Madrid

The best meal I had in London was at Jamie Oliver's place. Paris had better standards in general, and the delicacies are good anywhere you go. Madrid is really bad, almost irredeemably bad.
>>
>>7540877
At what age did you decide you've "had all the worthwhile food"
>>
>>7539966
Autiste are sometimes proud of being retarded
>>
>>7538464

How can I relate this to an /r9k/ scenario

this comment needs more rare pepes.
>>
>>7541556
Corvallis has garbage drinking water. Almost everywhere you go that doesn't filter their water it will come out of the tap smelling like swimming pool. I had to aerate any of the water I drank while I was living there.
>>
MY FRIEND DOES NOT LIKE CHILLI. ITS NOT REALLY AN INCONVENIENCE WHEN WE EAT HE JUST ORDERS STUFF WITHOUT CHILLI. THEN SAYS "MAN HOW CAN YOU EAT CHILLI" THEN I SAY " I LIKE IT"
>>
File: 1405901598880.png (313 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1405901598880.png
313 KB, 576x432
>>7538464
My roommate is like this too, unfortunately. Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and grilled cheese were practically the only things he ate as a kid. Not as bad now, but he's still deadset on staying away from a lot of food.
>>7543642
dude, what
>>
>>7536511

I only like cherry tomato.

All other tomatoes are slimy water fruit that add nothing but bad texture.
>>
File: 1457385817532.jpg (100 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
1457385817532.jpg
100 KB, 680x989
>>7538438
This is really the most tragic part of the situation. A good deal of my closest friends seem to have the most ridiculous, childish reactions to food that's out of their comfort zone that it makes me think I'm taking crazy pills from time to time. One reacts to broccoli like it's poison, another sees ethnic food as "weird", another is fit as fuck but "just isn't into eggs", and actually one person is pretty decent but has a million food allergies.

Like, has western society become so decadent that even smart, decent people have stopped respecting where food comes from? My parents were terrible fucking cooks and pretty strict, too. I had no choice but to eat their shit or face being judged, so I can't ever put myself in my friends' shoes.
>>
>>7538840
step 3: cut your own dick off so you can permanent be a lonely faggot
>>
>>7539159
>Fourth wasn't as crazy but had way more kinks and fetishes.
deets
>>
>>7539967
Man you just diagnosed someone you have never met with BPD due to a couple brief statements and the fact he is a picky eater. Not only that but you also suggested he stop associating with this "dysfunctional" due to your assumption he may have a personality disorder. Why dont you try and diagnose yourself?
>>
>>7540733
>not being able to cook with onions
FUUCKCKCKCKCKKCK
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.