[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cocktails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x434
What's the most you've ever paid for a mixed drink??

Paid fucking $15 one time for a bougie ass Bloody Mary in San Francisco, not worth
>>
$15 is pretty average for me but I don't live in a gastronomically blighted flyover state.

I don't really know the most, if I recall correctly the gin and tonic I got at the Ozone Bar on the 118th floor of the IFC in Kowloon was absurdly expensive, I want to say it came to around $30 USD but it was in funny money and it was a few years ago so my memory isn't that accurate. Then again the view was pretty great and they know it.

What does "bougie" mean? Is it black slang for something?
>>
>>7535246
it's short for "bourgeoisie", it generally means something that is trying to be fancy and expensive but is actually pretty plain and trashy
>>
>>7535246
Are you being sarcastic or do you actually walk around acting like some pretentious New England fuckwad?
>>
>>7535259
Interesting, what a strange thing to say about a cocktail.
>>7535265
I ride a bike more than walk, but I do walk a fair amount. What I don't do is drive. I find that whole culture morally repugnant.
>>
>>7535281
It makes perfect sense to describe a cocktail like that. If you charge $15 for a completely regular bloody mary like OP says, you're being a bougie asshole. Although I think OP forgot to take into account that a) he was in a large city and b) San Franciscans love expensive hipster shit, so it probably had, like, an entire veggie burger slider with sriracha on it on top or something
>>
>>7535200
>San Francisco
There's your problem
>>
>>7535301
Huy Fong sriracha sauce has been a common sight in the Bay Area since the early 90s at the very latest, though
>>
Fucking shit man, I have easily paid over $20 for a drink here in Sweden.
>>
>>7535246
How is San Fran flyover? It's a shithole but not fly-o.
>>
>>7535281
>What I don't do is drive. I find that whole culture morally repugnant.

Man, I should really start making my 35 mile ride to work every morning by BIKE. That should cut the travel time from 40 minutes down to an efficient 4 HOURS OR SO. Also, it will be great to haul 8 bags of groceries on my handle bars as well.
>>
>>7535281
>What I don't do is drive. I find that whole culture morally repugnant.

Are... are you talking about human culture? Because all humans drive
>>
I paid 34 Singapore dollars for the original Singapore Sling at the raffles hotel.
That's about 25USD right now.
>>
I've never paid for a mixed drink. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>7535281
I find your ilk repugnant
>>
I've spent £12 each (about $18) on several Charlie Chaplins. They were delicious but the price was over-inflated as it was in a very high-end restaurant. Fuck it, it was my birthday.
>>
>>7535560
>4 hours
I assume you mean round trip, including the stop for groceries on the way home, and maybe a very, very, very leisurely stop for coffee on the way to work, and taking it really slow. Because 4 hours for 35 miles would suggest you're doing a 5,000 foot climb in both directions with no descent, and in the granny gear the whole time. Do you commute on a moebius strip?

And it's really dumb to keep groceries in a handlebar bag, I suggest some panniers for that. Do you really eat 8 bags of groceries a day? Is that cotton candy or what?
>>
>>7535568
I renew my cage license when the time comes by paying a small fee, because occasionally I have to drive a rental when I'm in some horrible place with no rail system. Other than that, no, I do not drive. The irony is that I'm in the top 3% of all licensed drivers in this country since I can operate a stick shift without confusing the clutch pedal for a brake. But that doesn't make it ok.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.