[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I never see Cook Out mentioned in disucssions of which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: best-burger.png (545 KB, 853x402) Image search: [Google]
best-burger.png
545 KB, 853x402
Why do I never see Cook Out mentioned in disucssions of which burger chain is the best? All I ever hear about is In N Out and Whataburger, but Cook Out is dank as fuck.

The burgers actually taste like they're cooked on a charcoal grill. The other stuff they offer is great. They actually offer hush puppies and quesadillas as sides, which is tight as shit. The shakes aren't too bad either.
>>
Jesus Christ that's like asking why you never see the McChicken mentioned in discussions of which fast food sandwich is the best.
>>
>>7534329

Aren't they specific to North Carolina or something?
>>
>actually taste like they're cooked on a charcoal grill

so you mean they taste burnt?
>>
>>7534341
Isn't In N Out specific to California?
>>
>>7534337
>Jesus Christ that's like asking why you never see the McChicken mentioned in discussions of which fast food sandwich is the best.
He said, clearly having never tried anything on Cook Out's menu.
>>
>>7534345
No. We have them in Texas.
>>
>>7534341
We have them in Atlanta. They are expanding
>>
Not the best chain, but the best variety out there. Just moved to SC and love being near one.
>>
>>7534345
In N Out has much greater exposure. There are twice as many people in the greater Los Angeles metro area as in the entire state of North Carolina. And LA is visited by 45 million tourists a year on top of that. That's four and a half times the population of NC visiting LA every year as tourists.

And I'm just comparing the city where In N Out started to the entire state where Cook Out was. Fewer people live near a Cook Out than an In N Out. And if you don't near a Cook Out when you get the opportunity to try it? Maybe if your job involved driving I-95 regularly, but otherwise it's not that likely to happen.
>>
Why does the northeast not get any dank fast food chains?
>>
>>7534660
Because the North East is a wasteland of tasteless food even more barren than Ireland.
>>
>>7534401
>Just moved to SC

jesus bruh. move back.
>>
>>7534329
Their spicy chicken filet sandwich is good, but like every other food chain it's doused in mayo. Burgers are decent, reminiscent of Five Guys w/o gouged prices.

Not trollling, the best fast food burger near me is Dairy Queen. IDK why, maybe because the one I go to gets no traffic, so when I'm there everything is made fresh. I have to wait 5 minutes at the drive thru, but it's so so worth it. Their flamethrower chicken sandwiches are god tier.
>>
>>7534329
Because other regions get buttblasted about not having the best fast food restaurant so they try to ignore it. Cook Out is GOAT.
>>
>>7534341
>>7534341
We have them on the MD eastern shore, opened up a few years ago
>>
>>7534329
The reason we don't have Fucking cool out threads because this is a fucking fast food restaurant where I can get a two hot dog tray both mexi style and for my sides double up on corndogs. Fuck I'll add a peanut butter fudge shake to that aswell. That will be $7.74.
>>
>>7535005
OR if I want to spend my gbp, I get the chicken strip tray and double up chicken nuggets or cajunchicken wraps. $4.84
>>
>>7535012
>not getting 4 quesadillas for 5$
>>
>>7534670
>Burgers are decent, reminiscent of Five Guys w/o gouged prices.
I have never once ate a burger from Cook Out and thought about Five Guys. Cook Out burgers are a lot more "charred" than Five Guys. And that's because they use a charcoal grill.
>>
>>7534329
>hush puppies and quesadillas as sides
hush puppies are shoes anon. you shouldn't eat shoes.
>>
>>7534329
I have to agree with you OP, as far as fast food goes there the best I've personally had. Although I've also never eaten at an In an out or whataburger.
>>
>>7534428
cook out is fucking every where now. It's like over night they opened a million restaurants. I drive I-85, I-26, I-77, I-20, I-40 all the time all over NC and SC every day. It's hard to not see one these days.
>>
>>7534329

That's not in my state. You could at least post some pictures of their supposed delicious ass food.

We have in AZ:

the habit
smashburger
in n out
freddys
whataburger
rallys/checkers

Prob more I forgot. I usually just hit in n out anyways. Animal style 4x4 is just too OP.
>>
>>7537694

LOL just stopped by another thread and realized I forgot culvers and five guys.
>>
You sure get your money's worth at Cook Out.
I also like the fact they have Cheerwine on tap.
>>
File: file.png (256 KB, 610x407) Image search: [Google]
file.png
256 KB, 610x407
>mfw I ate two pounds of watermelon and then ended up at Cookout a few hours later literally 15 minutes after they started serving the seasonal watermelon milkshakes
>>
Who has had the banana pudding shake? Oh baby...
>>
I just posted about my first visit last Wenesday and there was a thread a few days before that so I wouldn't say there are never cookout threads. It is fast food prices but the food is above normal shit tier national burger chain quality.
>>
File: 1441295499982.jpg (73 KB, 999x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441295499982.jpg
73 KB, 999x1080
>>7534329
I only eat here when I'm drunk (The one next to Salisbury University). Basically, this place is 6/10 at best. I mean its good but at the same time bland and just meh.
>>
I'll gladly stop in if i'm ever near one. I'd never heard of them until recently. I guess the western side of the country just churns out shitposters more rapidly than whichever states have cookout.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.