[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great ways to eat or prepare these bad boys? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Haas Avocado Board.jpg (84 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Haas Avocado Board.jpg
84 KB, 800x533
What are some great ways to eat or prepare these bad boys?

I usually slice them up and pour over some olive oil and lime juice vinaigrette, sprinkle some salt on them and finally add some finely chopped spring onions, chili and cilantro on top of it and eat it as a side dish.

How do you eat your avocados?
>>
slices in/on sushi
spread on toast
cubed in salad
>>
>>7524665
>olive oil and lime juice vinaigrette
>no vinegar
>"vinaigrette"

I do the same as you tho, plus a little bit of white pepper.
>>
>>7524665
Ice cream

You haven't lived until you have tried avocado ice cream.
>>
>>7524665
The fuck is cilantro?
>>
Spread on sandwiches/hamburgers

Also sliced, with diced celery, makes a great little salad.
>>
>>7524873
Coriander seeds.
>>
>>7524888
Thanks senpai
>>
Avacados with garlic salt and pepper on toast, in poke, in salads,burritos ect. You can't go wrong man.
>>
Also with teriyaki sauce and rice. Tasty,fast,filling and cheap. If you have broccoli and salmon then you're fucking set
>>
>>7524849
Vinaigrette is an oil mixed with something acidic. Can be vinegar, can be citrus juice.
>>
>>7524860
How do you make it?
>>
Spread em on my hot dog buns, or toasted bread for sammiches
Or I'll dice them, dice tomatoes and throw them in a bowl of cottage cheese with a little salt and pepper
>>
I make them into a guacamole and then mix it with tuna salad. Chill it and have a tuna/guac sandwich.
>>
>>7524888
No no coriander is cilantro seeds
>>
>>7525274
delet
>>
>>7524665
I made refried black beans and guacamole a few days ago and have been eating filling low calorie burritos for the past few days.

fish tacos would be good too. I might do that next and slice some avocado in that bitch.
>>
>>7525319
Coriander is to cilantro seed as cilantro is to coriander seed.
>>
i trow them in the trash like youre supposed to
>>
try it sliced and just dip into soy sauce + wasabi

delicious
>>
sushi, guacamole, occasionally in fruit salad

is there a way to make the pits edible? i tried eating one raw and its too full of tannins.
>>
>>7526278
oh also is there a way to consume mango pits as well?
>>
Scoop a little but out of the center, making a bowl. Crack an egg on each side, drizzle some hot sauce on it and bake it. Use the part that you scooped out to make a little guac to put on the side.
>>
>>7526278
you can roast them, google it bb
>>
>white people buy plastic shit specifically for avocados because they don't lnow how to use a knife and spoon
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.