[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can humans eat stingrays /ck/? Florida fag here I see hundreds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: rays farm system.webm (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
rays farm system.webm
2 MB, 360x360
Can humans eat stingrays /ck/? Florida fag here I see hundreds of these cocksuckers near the beach and I always wondered if they tasted good
>>
I think the better question is what does it feel like to have sex with a stingray?
>>
File: stingray.png (176 KB, 569x617) Image search: [Google]
stingray.png
176 KB, 569x617
>>7523949
like this
>>
>>7523928

JFC that .gif
>>
I've eaten it once it tastes like flounder mixed with cod
>>
>>7523928
what the fuck is going there
>>
>>7523928
Asians eat it all the time. It has firm white flesh that goes well with being char grilled.
>>
>>7524050
Ask your parents
>>
>>7523928

They are related to the Shark family, so I imagine they taste like shark.
>>
>>7523928

If they cling to the bottom it's a fucking bitch
That being said you can definately eat them
>>
>>7524642
Saying Asians eat it just confirms to the fear-gripped whitebreads that it's dangerous

You should say "MacDonald's has it in Iowa" and then they'll clamor for it
>>
Yes. I've eaten them. pretty gud.
>>
I've heard the "cheek" (small fillets near the eye mounds) is enjoyed, but, the rest is trash.
>>
Make sure it's not skeet (or gowever you spell that) that you are seeing. They pis through their skin and taste horrible or at least I've heard. I seen a decomposing one in New Jersey it was nasty.
>>
Fucking delicious grilled with some sambal and lime.
>>
>>7524642
Asians eat literally everything that moves.
>>
Don't stingrays taste like straight urine? I have no personal experience to speak from, but I've heard this before.
>>
>>7524775
Skate is absolutely delicious. You are misinformed.

Like all rays, they are a pain to clean (tough skin, thick mucus layer, spines), but they are well worth eating. The texture is dense with no flaking and the flavor is similar to monkfish or wolffish.
>>
>>7524775
What the fuck are you talking about, none of that is true
>>
>>7523991
>tfw this rule 34 is almost 10 years old
>>
File: blogger-events-010.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
blogger-events-010.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I've had grilled stingray fin plenty of times, it tastes great. Not a lot of meat on them though, and they're hard to prepare since you have to skin them. The flesh is firm and mild tasting, comes off the bone in strands.
>>
>>7524998
EEEWW YUCKEEEEEE

t. American
>>
>>7524998
Is that Ikan pepersan sauce/?
>>
>>7523991
I'm not going to ask why you saved that since this 4chan but will ask how you managed to have it at the ready to respond to a very specific kind of post.
>>
>>7525008
It's called sambal where I'm from, probably the same thing.
>>
>>7525010
if that wasnt OP going for a screencap, I'm seriously impressed with that anons ability to shitpost.
>>
>>7523991

Too soon man

As for op. Just becauseyou can eat something, doesnt mean you should. Im gulf coast too, and ive never eaten a stingray. Too rubberry and tough. The meat is a shit
>>
File: 1452667524238.jpg (53 KB, 500x682) Image search: [Google]
1452667524238.jpg
53 KB, 500x682
>>7524673
this is painfully true
>>
>>7525050
you cant screencap a gif
>>
>>7524981
lol wait really? anime eyes and everything?
>>
>>7525010
He had plenty of time to just google it
>>
>>7524998
Name of this dish or origin? It looks fantastic.
>>
My family makes it oftenly for gatherings and such, it tastes pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZwdHikARH8

Video for educational purpouses (it's in spanish)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.