[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently mastered the art of cooking sunny side up eggs (is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
I recently mastered the art of cooking sunny side up eggs (is that right? we call it "mirroreggs" in Europe). What are some stuff I can add into the pan to improve upon it? I´ve chopped some onion, chilli and mushroom and its great. Looking for more ideas
>>
Cut the egg into quarters and try different combinations of spices
>>
>>7521186
Before or after cooking them? Curry (spice mix) is actually quite good
>>
File: ramaen.jpg (51 KB, 466x600) Image search: [Google]
ramaen.jpg
51 KB, 466x600
>>7521183
>"mirroreggs" in Europe
>Europe
fuck off germanfag your country is part of arabia now
>>
File: lueoEXi.jpg (92 KB, 780x584) Image search: [Google]
lueoEXi.jpg
92 KB, 780x584
>>7521183
>we call it "mirroreggs" in Europe
we do? in Eastern Yurop its 'яйцa нa oчи' which translates to 'eyes on eggs'
>>
>>7521304
She's saying your dick looks like an eel? Or does she actually want eels up her ass?
>>
>>7521309
its Japan so, both
>>
>mirroreggs
>europe
I am also from Europe and I have never heard this. What backwater calls it that?

>>7521281
>germany
wut
My country also speaks German. We call them 'bull's eye eggs.'

>>7521199
I make Sri Lankan egg-based/egg-thickened curry but never thought to curry a fried egg. Just seems wrong to somehow.
>>
>>7521183
we only call them mirroreggs in Germany you fuckwit
>>
>>7521183
>sunny side
>mirroreggs

Yeah, in the USA its a "fried" or "basted" egg with the "sunny side up" being the qualifier that the yolk is mostly exposed.
You can call it "over easy" if there is a decent film of white covering the egg and "over medium" if there is a lot of white covering the top of the yolk.

Cook it in bacon grease
>>
File: 1441602991502.jpg (173 KB, 625x505) Image search: [Google]
1441602991502.jpg
173 KB, 625x505
>>7521183
>>
To be precise germans call this a Spiegelei (mirror egg) but its actually a Setzei. Spiegelei would be cooked from both side, thus calling it mirrored.
>>
>>7521363
Netherlands here, we call them mirroreggs even though they're only cooked on one side
>>
>>7521186
stop suggesting this to normies, they won't do it
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7521339
nah, we call them that in France too
>>
>>7521337
Ochsenaugen4Lyfe
>>
>>7521372
what is even the point of it?
>>
>>7521183

just add the tiniest bit of your favorite grated cheese and maybe some smoked paprika.

>>7521281

kill yourself

>>7521363

exactly, only guy that gets it right

>>7521381

austria?
>>
yeah like i said most people do and everybody knows what they are talking about. but nitpicking chefs that learned their profession always complain about people not knowing the difference.
>>
>>7521337
Swtizerland oder Österreich?

>>7521183
Byt the way could you explain how you mastered them?

In my ountry (spain) the optimal way to do them is witha lot of hot oil and you por them over the yellow until it is done.

But at home i just made them with a covered pan and they are also delicious and the yellow remains liquid but hot at the same time.
>>
>>7521383
to become a master cook in one month
>>
>>7521351
I though the distinction between over easy/medium/hard and sunny side up is that you don't flip the egg
>>
>>7521183
Look up "cebollino"
I add some of it chopped into my breakfast eggs & it really makes them better.
>>
>>7521466

not the op but what I do is I have my pan with very little oil on absolutely minimum heat, crack the egg in and just wait two or three minutes. the white should be solid and the yolk runny.

if you see bubbles forming on the egg white you know your pan is too hot.
>>
>>7521696
That wat your yolk just is either cold or solid from my experience.

In cooking school we learned that these bubles are a god sign if a well cooked egg (hot temp)
>>
>>7521738

as soon as the egg white bubbles it means it is getting completely SOLID, how is that a desirable texture? wouldn't you rather want it to be soft?

also how in the hell would the yolk be cold? you cook the egg for 4 to 5 minutes on very low heat, put it on a plate and eat it. there's no time for it to get cold.

what you are talking about is a FRIED egg, which means you're gonna want a crust on the bottom. that's different from a "sunny side up egg" because when you fry an egg most of the yolk (aside from the top) will be thoroughly cooked, not runny
>>
>>7521614
it is, he doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
>>7521614
Yes you dont flip the egg for sunny side up.
When you flip is what creates the different level of eggwhite, which makes the secondary distinction of easy medium and hard.
>>
>>7521309
The latter, there's documentation of this

I like over medium eggs, but sunny side is okay. I saw a picture that someone posted here with a little Italian seasoning sprinkled over the egg as it cooks. I tried it - it was fucking great
>>
File: decadence.jpg (78 KB, 379x630) Image search: [Google]
decadence.jpg
78 KB, 379x630
>>7521417
found the germancuck :^)
>>
File: 1457198424729.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1457198424729.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>7521183
>>
File: angry.jpg (22 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
22 KB, 600x300
>>7521183
No we fucking don't. What the fuck are you on about?

>mirroreggs
Fuck off. Never heard of it.
>>
>>7521351
>fried egg
wrong, fuck you.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.