[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like tomatoes? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: fm-tomatoes-l.jpg (88 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fm-tomatoes-l.jpg
88 KB, 400x400
Do you like tomatoes?

I don't
>>
fuk u
>>
>>7520489
I do. I like raw slices on pizza, burgers, salads, etc. I love ketchup on lots of foods, red sauces like spaghetti sauce and the like are so much more robust than white sauces.
>>
>>7520497
>raw slices on pizza
i like tomatoes too but you are the worst kind of person
>>
Tomatoes are often not ripened properly before serving. I always leave mine out on the kitchen counter till they are perfect and juicy.
>>
They're probably my favorite fruit. Delicious and versatile as fuck.
>>
I never understood people not liking particular foods. I can see frozen shit, mass produced condiments that will last decades... anything really heavily processed. But fresh food? Straight from the source? It blows my mind people can't enjoy it. I used to be somewhat picky as a kid, but that was before I understood what a food was, how to cook it right, and how to pair it correctly with other foods and seasonings.

Expand your palate, OP. Learn about the food and overcome your inner child.
>>
I really want to like tomatoes but my tongue disagrees with me brain. I force myself to like healthy foods because I like the way they make me feel.
>>
>>7520546
I fucking love cooked tomatoes though, I just can't do raw.
>>
>>7520489
Maybe you're not eating good tomatoes. The shitty hot house ones from the grocery store have no flavor. Try a heirloom variety or in season field tomatoes. Faggot
>>
Kumato master race coming through, I eat about 10 of these a week
>>
File: 1431482397854.png (103 KB, 467x465) Image search: [Google]
1431482397854.png
103 KB, 467x465
>>
>>7520571
>heirloom
I bet you spend a lot of money on product for your beard.
>>
>>7520587
Have you seriously never heard of an heirloom tomato? Must suck living in flyover country
>>
>>7520599
That wasn't the implication.
>>
>>7520587
here is a faggot who only eats shit tomatoes
>>
I'm picky about tomatoes.

I only like them fresh, and never eat them out of season. Tomatoes imported from South America taste like shit.
I also don't like fast food tomatoes because, again, they're not fresh.

I love picking a tomato fresh off the vine, sprinkling a little olive oil and salt on it, and eating it while it's still warm from the sun. It's the most comfy summer snack for me.
>>
>>7520489
Do you like blogs?

I don't
>>
>>7520489
they are good
>>
>>7520489
I eat tomatoes raw as a snack with some salt. I also eat them with most meals. They're delicious. Most store-bought tomatoes are very bad, however. It's worth it to get some from the farmer's markets when they're in season.
>>
I don't like tomatoes by themselves at all. They're good in sandwiches, burgers, casseroles and sauces.
>>
File: image.jpg (258 KB, 1280x932) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258 KB, 1280x932
The only tomatoes I can stand are cherry tomatoes. Regular tomatoes have too pungent and taste. Cheery tomatoes however are light and sweet.
>>
I don't really care for sliced tomatoes in a sandwich or in a salad. Literally any other kind I can eat the fuck out of them, especially canned uncooked tomatoes-- crushed, pureed.. I could eat a big can of them with a spoon. Paste, sun-dried, roasted, soups....mnnnn. But can't do a regular old tomato.

>>7520542

For me it's mostly about certain textures. I can eat a raw spinach salad just fine-- but I can't eat it cooked. The slimy wet leaves thing I can't do.
>>
They almost always are just a sad watered down version of the real produce here
>>
File: money.jpg (37 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
37 KB, 184x184
They compliment many foods very well and are alright on their own
>>
>>7520542
Not OP, but tomatoes are awful. They have two uses:
To use one or two slices on burgers or sandwiches.
Byproducts.

Whole tomatoes are disgusting, whether its fresh off the vine or a day or two old. Whether it's prepared in a fancy restaurant or at your own home. They have a somewhat tough skin, mushy or rigid interior, and then there's the seeds and water on the inside which is sometimes either super runny or it's like plasma. They taste like you're eating grass and drinking the dew on top of the grass, it's awful.
>>
I have tried. I've tried so many times. I remember the first time, I was at my aunts house. I was 4. She brought a fresh basket of tomatoes from her garden and offered me one. I eyed it curiously for a moment and bit in. The horror I felt in that moment would never be matched. I spit it out and ran to the bathroom to wash my mouth out. Then I tried again at 7. No change. Still horrible. I was 13 now. "Maybe puberty had changed my palate?" I thought to myself. I went to the kitchen, grabbed the best tomato I could find, washed it off, and cut off a large slice. Go big or go home right? With all the reckless abandon of a young teenager I put the tomato in my mouth. I gagged. I tried to spit it put but it got stuck. I vomited. I resolved that I would no more attempt to eat tomatoes. But as I thought about this I realized all the things with tomato I was fine with, tomato sauce, ketchup, roasted tomatoes, hell, I even didn't mind tomato juice that much. But the thought of a raw tomato made me shiver. Fast forward to a few months ago. I had recently turned 18 and was with my friends. We were high. We were hungry. Someone suggested Burger King. We all agreed. As we ordered our food I considered what I wanted. Chicken? No I had eaten chicken a few days ago. Salad? HAH. No, what I needed was a Big King. I had a side of fries and a Dr. Pepper. As we parked and unwrapped our food we talked about the ass on the girl who gave us our food. My mouth watered. I took a bite. Something was different. This wasn't a Big King. This was better. I looked at the bite and examined the ingredients. In the bite I had taken lie a red vegetable. A tomato. I pulled it out of the burger. What was this sorcery? I ate the slice there. It was amazing. We finished our food and went home. I got a tomato and cut off a slice, small but enough, and cautiously began to eat it. It was alright, but not as good as it was on that burger. I still have yet to understand how that burger made the tomato so good.
>>
>>7521126
>"Maybe puberty had changed my palate?" I thought to myself.
Kekkus maximus
>>
>>7520489
I prefer sundried tomatoes on pizza.
Normal tomatoes are too watery and taste gross.
>>
>>7520542
>I never understood people not liking particular foods.
I can't stand faggots like you
You don't choose what to like
>>
>>7520489
>Do you like tomatoes?
Yes, in fact the entire Solanaceae family is excellent. They're well-behaved diploids with manageable genome sizes, lots of interesting variation and potential for gainful crossing, plus very high economic importance which means funding is abundant and one's research can have real impact.

I do lots of work with tomatoes.
>>
>>7520489
Not liking tomatoes is something I didnt know existed until I came here. Its weird to me, everyone has them in their garden here.

One of my favorite things to do is dice up tomatoes and cucumber, and add something like feta or onion sometimes nothing, and thrown on a vinaigrette. Its a great little side dish when you are cooking stuff on the grill.

I will eat a whole container of grape tomatoes, or a few romas by themselves. They have a sort of sett tangy taste which is great for when you are eating them alone.

Also slicing up a big ripe tomato, and lightly salting it is pretty good, especially a full bodied garden grown tomato.
>>
I used to hate tomatoes, but it turns out I was just eating shitty tomatoes. All the tomatoes in the grocery stores were these sad pale things. If you get tomatoes that are actually ripe they're great.
>>
>>7521374
The typical "on the vine" round or beefsteaks or whatever, they do tend to be pretty crappy at your standard grocery store.

I exclusively use romas if I buy them from the store, they tend to be much better than any other bigger standard tomato.
>>
>>7521364

i once ate tomato&mozarella every single evening an entire summer long. we had those ridiculously good meaty tomatoes from our garden. fuck thats delicious
>>
>>7521226
That isn't what he said at all. The point is it's all in your head. If you can't overcome it, you're a picky eater.
>>
>>7521344
GMO?
>>
File: thumb_600.jpg (127 KB, 590x590) Image search: [Google]
thumb_600.jpg
127 KB, 590x590
german here. most of the tomatoes you can get easily are freaking shit. holland is flooding us with their fucking tomatoshaped red balloons of water. like srsly the majority of tomatoes here taste nothing like a tomato. i really enjoy eating fresh tomatoes in southern europe or fresh from a farmer who grows some natural types and not those perfect looking but shit tasting breeds.

pic related. nothing beats pane con tomate with some nice bread, good tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil and maybe some nice fuet or ham on it.
>>
tomatoes from the supermarket are garbage.
grow your own and you will be amazed
>>
>>7521413
I don't personally work with GMOs, though even selective breeding has some very advanced techniques these days.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.