[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dinner You Are Always Prepared to Make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: linguine alfredo.jpg (29 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
linguine alfredo.jpg
29 KB, 400x400
Dinner you can make ANY night. You already have everything necessary on hand.

For me, I always have the ingredients for linguine alfredo ready to go.
-linguine
-butter
-parmesan
-cream
-garlic
>>
File: 1457303949368.png (125 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1457303949368.png
125 KB, 256x256
Curry

Not even a poo in loo, shit's delicious
>>
eggs
>>
>>7516960
To add: i usually throw in whatever complement i have on hand- diced onions, sliced mushrooms, shrimps, roasted red peppers etc whatever goes well together... and season the sauce a little different every time (last time i tried nutmeg, cayenne, and a smidge of dijon mustard, turned out great) go easy on the seasoning for alfredo
>>
spaghetti with ketchup i guess

i'm not a food hoarder
>>
>>7516986
oh shit i also grated some gouda in there lol
wish i had some romano on hand, a sharper cheese adds a great accent to alfredo

>>7516976
>curry
Come on, that would be like if i jsut said "pasta".
Go on
>>
>>7516991

I'd have to be in a survival situation to resort to that.

I have tomato sauce horded so my answer is actual proper spaghetti. Mac n cheese. Toast, eggs, bacon.
>>
>>7516960
Sea shell pasta. I often have jars of sauce on hand just to make it. It's easy to make when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to make something that consumes an hour of time. Sea shells + sauce + butter + salt = good enough.
>>
Enough grilled ham and cheese sandwiches to kill an elephant.
>>
Cream expires pretty fast. You must be a fatass.
>>
>>7516986
>hand- diced onions

fucking wow congratulations
>>
>>7517110
lol do you not have a refrigerator?
>>
>>7517173
are you seriously this bad at reading?
>>
>>7517173
lol stop smoking cigarettes they're destroying ur braine
>>
>>7517180
Are you seriously this much of a fag?
>>
I always have chopped assorted meats available, such as blackened chicken, or chorizo.

I also tend to like to have chopped onions, chopped leek bottoms, then i make the tops of the leeks into slightly thick slices to blanch and use in place of pasta. Carrot and or carrot souffle, chopped spinach.

Generally 1-4 dozen eggs, and 1-4 lbs of turkey bacon.

I generally throw shit in a pan, add cream cheese or feta cheese or s/t and enjoy,.
>>
>>7517173
Lol, you're a fucking moron.
>>
Fried rice.
>>
>>7517297
please address the reading issue
>>
>>7517313
>I also tend to like to have chopped onions
but are hey hand-chopped onions?
>>
>>7517313
>feta cheese
i think feta is the most underrated cooking cheese
sure it's popular cold
but it's excellent for cooking
>>
File: RBBBCS24.jpg (166 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
RBBBCS24.jpg
166 KB, 640x427
bibimbap 'cause it's just veggies and rice, plus sesame oil, soy sauce, and gochujang are staples for me
>>
>>7517545
are you italian?
>>
>potatoes+eggs=pillowy brick of comfort
>>
>>7516960
Curry Egg fried rice
Tofu Prawns Chicken Pork frozen in bulk
Brown Rice
Pepper
Onion
Sweetcorn
Peas
Ground nut oil
Eggs
Carrot
Never have less than 6 bulbs of garlic
Ginger
Chilies
Once you have re added the rice and egg to the vegetables you put about a tablespoon of 'poo in loo essence over the top cook for a few mins and serve

Not unique but I can do it anytime also what rice do you guys make egg fried rice with. I can't get it like the takeaway and they won't surrender their secrets to me.
>>
>>7517110
Maybe he also uses it for coffee, not just alfredo.
>>
>>7517538
i like you
>>
>>7516960
I always make sure I have ingredients for Chili mac.

can of Wolf Chili with beans, can of Rotel tomatoes and chiles, shredded cheddar, and onion and sour cream.

It's just the easy go to meal when I'm too busy to cook. Feeds 4 no problem.
>>
egg + rice + bacon + soy sauce
>>
>>7516976
Same, I can always through together SOME kinda curry-over-rice.
>>
File: SlapChop.jpg (35 KB, 320x357) Image search: [Google]
SlapChop.jpg
35 KB, 320x357
>>7516986
>hand- diced onion

How else would you dice your onions? Slap Chop?
>>
File: 829671.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
829671.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>7516960
carbonara & a fish pasta dish I have no name for (although it probably has)

Recipe for the latter:

small tin of anchovies
tinned sardines or mackerel (smoked mack works well)
black olives
dry white wine
garlic
half a lemon
olive oil
double cream
spaghetti

1. Cook spaghetti until it's almost al dente, drain and save a cup of the cooking water.
2. On a medium heat, fry crushed garlic and anchovies in olive oil until the fish dissolve in it.
3. Add wine and some lemon juice, cook some of the alcohol off, then add tinned fish, olives and some cream.
4. Taste, season with salt, pepper & oregano and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add the spag, toss and stir in pan until spag softens to your liking; replenish sauce with the cooking water if necessary.

The finished dish should have the sauce nicely covering the spag, it shouldn't be too wet.
>>
Tinned sardines in tomato sauce with vermicelli
>>
>>7516960
Grilled chicken W veg and rice
Roasted chicken W veg and rice W LAN sauce

Scrambled boiled or fried eggs.
Also have 10 pounds of flour maybe some tortillas or naan

I have 5 hens and 1 rooster in my backyard.

Linguine Alfredo.
>>
I typically have the ingredients for a Caesar salad on hand. Just romaine, parmesan and caesar dressing. Any type of protein works and it takes at most 30 mins to prepare.
>>
>>7516960
Etouffee

I keep flour, butter, and the holy trinity always.
>>
Thanks to the amazing power of an always running water supply, electric cooker and eletric grill, I'm always ready to make myself some rice with meat, pork, hotdogs, beans, curry, fish, ketchup, egg, eggs and basically anything else I feel like
>>
>>7519028
Nicer with tomatoes instead of cream senpai
>>
>frozen chicken breast
>onions
>rice
>soy sauce
>sesame oil
>broccoli/carrots/snow peas/some other veggie

With that I can live off a passable stir fry forever. The most expensive thing is sesame oil, and I can make that last a while as long as I never overuse it.
>>
>>7518994
your memes are a bit late, vince
>>
>>7519401
so you just have stuffing for dinner?

>>7519028
sounds good

>>7518368
yesss chili mac

>>7518352
thx faaaam
>>
Omelettes. I've always got milk and eggs and SOMETHING to put in it. Most recent one had chorizo, peppers and onion with cheese, pretty good.
>>
>>7520631
last time i had omelettes for dinner all my buddies got eaten by zombies
to make things worse, the eggs had gone bad
>>
>>7520637
That's terrible breh. I get farm fresh eggs from a coworker who has a few chickens. I fucking love my orange eggs.
>>
>>7519423
The wine and lemon make it acidic, a drop of cream mellows it out a little.
>>
>>7517003
I like ketchup on pasta much better then tomato sauce. Creme based sauces are all great though.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.