[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Ethnic cuisine that doesn't match your ethnicity do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x200
What Ethnic cuisine that doesn't match your ethnicity do you regularly cook and have all of the ingredients on hand to prepare at any given time?

Example: I am a Irish/Englush/German white American guy. I cook Japanese and Korean food weekly. Always have Kimchi, Gochijang, Sake, Mirin, miso, dashi, tofu, rice, ramyun, fish sauce on hand
>>
OP here I realize I must sound like huge weeb. But I did live in Japan 3 years. I do not watch anime or read manga.
>>
>>7511901

I, too, like to k\cook korean and japanese food because I'm a weeb like you.

I also like to fold my paper 1000 times and sharpen my 12 foot replica Heart Span Blade with 8000 grit sandpaper
>>
Dirty mexican. I have about everything for italian food and creole style food.
>>
>>7511901
>>7511914
OP you gotta sort your shit out. 90% of all "white" US-Americans are Irish/German/English+x. There is no need for you to mention this here and it leaves you open for "muh heritage" posts. What your ancestors cooked and ate has nothing to do with what you cook and eat after four or five generations.
Also, that second post. You're on a Persian underwater basket weaving imageboard, there is zero need to justify yourself in any way. The absolute scum of humanity posts here with you, and it does not matter because we're all anonymous.

In response to your question though, I'm German and I cook more Italian(-inspired) food than traditionally German fare.
>>
>>7511977
Couldn't agree with this post more.

White usa guy here. Love foods from south of the boarder. Got a huge boner for fish/shrimp tacos right now and regularly eat rice and black beans for breakfast - which I'm not sure is necessarily south american, but haven't seen other people doing as regularly since I was in Costa Rica...

Also, while I'm at it: I don't get the 'america has no cuisine' meme. In my opinion every 'americanized' or bastardized dish in the us is our cuisine, seeing as we're all just one big family of immigrants trying to make our own way anyways. I love the food here and I have a lot of fucking options.
>>
>>7511901
I cook Italian and Japanese food mainly.

I've spent about a year in Italy over my life and have some friends so i think that is the reason.

Japanese is nice because it quite easy and simple and i have a good import shop a few minutes away.

Both I think only require simple ingriendient sets and can be based around some inexpensive carbs and have emphasis on vegetables etc so for health/finance its a good choice imo.
>>
I'm ethnically American and I cook food on a weekly basis when I'm not bleeding my dad dry to test my resilience to the social justice movement.
>>
>>7511901

I'm an American of Germanic ancestry.

So I guess Italian food. Or Mexican food.
>>
>>7511901
>muh heritage
At least you are honest about your Anglo background, it's disappearing from the US census data because "muh heritage" fags don't think it's cool enough.
>>
>>7512315
What is "muh heritage"?
>>
>>7511901
Mexican stuff, probably. Well, something vaguely Mexican or texmex anyway. Got seasonings, beans, rice, meats. Could make a decent effort at it on short notice
>>
>>7512321
>I am a Irish/Englush/German white American guy
>>
File: muhheritage.png (74 KB, 537x585) Image search: [Google]
muhheritage.png
74 KB, 537x585
>>7512321
US-Americans with European ancestry often identify with Irish, Germans, or other groups because they have no other culture to cling to and idolize. Hence why St. Patrick's day is celebrated so widely and stuff. Yuropoors find it hilarious.
>>
File: Rich Evans disappointed face.jpg (67 KB, 647x697) Image search: [Google]
Rich Evans disappointed face.jpg
67 KB, 647x697
>Muh heritage the thread
>>
File: Muh heritage what is a hagis.png (56 KB, 742x540) Image search: [Google]
Muh heritage what is a hagis.png
56 KB, 742x540
>>7512321
This basically.
>>
I mentioned my heritage as it is relevant to the thread as it's part of the topic. I.e. Cooking food outside your familiarity zone.
>>
I'm from south Arkansas originally, but now i live in New England, and my favorite meals to cook are Ethiopian curries, although I hardly ever have injera with them.
>>
I am an Italian (born and raised) of Hungarian descent (great grandma born and raised there, grandma born there but raised in Italy).

I like American food.

Low country soul food, Pennsylvania Dutch food and cajun/creole food. I cook all three with alarming regularity. Though getting tasso and other fresh cajun/creole ingredients is difficult here, I substitute them for ingredients I can actually find.

Guess I'm an Ameriboo.

>>7511977
>>7512315
>>7512366
>>7512381
Does it count as 'muh heritage' if I'm an Italian cooking/eating Hungarian food from 'muh heritage?'
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.